Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Doesn’t affirm offer 0% on pretty much every resale site? If you’re not paying any interest and you’re not in over your head I see zero issue with it.
No experience with Affirm but says 0% interest on purchases under $350(4 payments). Over $350 its a 3, 6, or 12 month payment plan with anywhere from 0%-30% interest. Feel like you can still get 0% if you have good credit.

No experience with Affirm but says 0% interest on purchases under $350(4 payments). Over $350 its a 3, 6, or 12 month payment plan with anywhere from 0%-30% interest. Feel like you can still get 0% if you have good credit.

i just ran it through eBay for sh*ts and gigs. I was preapproved for up to $2800 for 3,6, and 12 months. I don’t see me dropping that much on a single shoe but like I mentioned before, if you aren’t in over your head, and it’s zero interest, why not? Especially if you’d buy the shoe anyway. That’s just me though. We just got done renovating our kitchen and while we paid for most of it in cash, we def took advantage of the zero interest rates we had.

on a separate note how the hell are these off white lows so expensive? $800 in my size 11 😳 I think they’re dope but not at that price. They did Put me on the hunt for some just don beaches though. And I found a DS pair with the complete packaging for less than retail. I’ve wanted them for a while, I figured I’d grab a pair before the hype sets in next year.

Doesn’t affirm offer 0% on pretty much every resale site? If you’re not paying any interest and you’re not in over your head I see zero issue with it.

People do payment planes with new phones and macs but then sneakers its “oh my”. :lol:

Obv different since phones and laptops are more “essential” but only using that example PURELY from a price perspective. Regardless if its around $1000 you should probably just pay it outright. Why take the hit over 3 months when you can just get it over with.

People do payment planes with new phones and macs but then sneakers its “oh my”. :lol:

Obv different since phones and laptops are more “essential” but only using that example PURELY from a price perspective. Regardless if its around $1000 you should probably just pay it outright. Why take the hit over 3 months when you can just get it over with.
It's basically lawaway. Even better actually.

Def a lot of wylin goin on but hey, do yall lol

How much would something have to be for you to consider a payment plan?

Not even kicks, anything pricey. And lets not all get technical with it either. :lol: Also nothing thats typical of a payment plan, like a new car or something.

A watch maybe for example or a engagement ring, used cheaper car idk.

Or is this all the notion that its a payment plan…for sneakers.

A DS pair of Just Dons for under retail? Sounds too good to be true. frenchbreadbuilds frenchbreadbuilds

Don’t sleep on eBay

8CD17085-5C24-47BB-B5BE-3421A4594B31.jpeg
3D2663CD-C374-47AF-9C38-653BB1AC1623.jpeg
DF201979-EC35-44C0-A07D-05AD99C78990.jpeg
05E14B22-5556-44E4-B697-6BE3FA3161FC.jpeg

I don't know why I was thinking retail was like $250 for those lol.

I haven't done too much eBay since like April, but got Red Carpet 7s for basically retail and 2020 Fire Red 5s for like $40 over retail. Authentication service just took hella long.

Not steals, but were good prices that I could find at the time.

Ultimately know what you can and can’t afford, whatever that means for you. Personally outside of my mortgage and car note I won’t finance anything that isn’t 0%. And even at 0% I wouldnt finance something I can’t pay out right. But that’s just me. Don’t get in over your heads. If you can’t use credit to your benefit, just don’t use it

Last edited:
I don't know why I was thinking retail was like $250 for those lol.

I haven't done too much eBay since like April, but got Red Carpet 7s for basically retail and 2020 Fire Red 5s for like $40 over retail. Authentication service just took hella long.

Not steals, but were good prices that I could find at the time.

right?? Retail was $650 lol I couldn’t stomach it back then. Still can’t now but they’ve been on my list for awhile and I’m $200 undeR market so I can’t complain

i just ran it through eBay for sh*ts and gigs. I was preapproved for up to $2800 for 3,6, and 12 months. I don’t see me dropping that much on a single shoe but like I mentioned before, if you aren’t in over your head, and it’s zero interest, why not? Especially if you’d buy the shoe anyway. That’s just me though. We just got done renovating our kitchen and while we paid for most of it in cash, we def took advantage of the zero interest rates we had.

on a separate note how the hell are these off white lows so expensive? $800 in my size 11 😳 I think they’re dope but not at that price. They did Put me on the hunt for some just don beaches though. And I found a DS pair with the complete packaging for less than retail. I’ve wanted them for a while, I figured I’d grab a pair before the hype sets in next year.
I picked up the blue joints and called it a day. Your telling me there’s a $500 up charge for a color. Yea umm no thanks

Not really living beyond your means if you're making smart(or more affordable) purchases. I can't speak for the next person but it's not like I'm out here financing a pair of Travis Frag Lows or anything in that $1,000 plus range.

I don't necessarily agree with the "buy it twice" analogy because most people would be depriving themselves from certain luxuries just given how some things are.

There's clear benefits in doing so(even if you can pay outright) but it's turned into some "classism" argument that holds little to no merit. Especially given shoes are assets like a house.

Back
Top Bottom