Oakland RAIDERS Season Thread

No one was going to come out for this game. Doubt there will be a sell out the rest of the season, even.

Your right. The idea to compare the city and team was a stretch. As a resident I just find it interesting that the city and the Raiders this year are going through a rebuilding phase, with signs of success and failure in different areas. The city's administration is trying to dodge a federal takeover with the feds and isn't getting a round of applause from the community. I'm not sold on Jean Quan, the Police Department, or Gregg Knapp, but I am sold on Art Murmur, Ike's Cafe, and Reggie

Right on. I didn't know you lived here too. I agree with all of this.

The NFL leaning on Mark to become a minority owner and moving the team to LA has me concerned, though I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I don't like the idea of the team going "corporate" and losing its link to Al Davis. I doubt any change in ownership could change the atmosphere of Raider games or Raider Nation, so I suppose it isn't that serious an issue. Los Angeles is obviously more than ready to support an NFL team in a new stadium in the heart of the city, and though I object to the likely monetization of tailgating by designating areas for it and charging for entry and use, it's time that the Raiders had a new stadium with prime fan support. Oakland has proven the past two years that it's able to bring the fans into the Coliseum and sell out; what hasn't been proven is the City of Oakland's ability to eliminate its own ineptitude (and corruption?) in working with teams within the City to live up to promises to provide support for a new stadium. Without that, there's dim hope for either the Raiders or A's remaining in the City.

I don't like that idea either.

I wonder if they(NFL) are pressing Mark Davis and at the same time still talking to the Rams, Jags, Vikings.

Does the Davis family still have a lot of money? I remember reading some article about the family when Al passed away.

Moore can be his own worst enemy at times. He develops terrible instincts for the ball and for making catches randomly and for significant periods of time. I can't think of an explanation for it and I doubt there's anything that can be done beyond continuing to play and keeping his mind in the moment, not letting himself think about running before securing the ball.

Does the Davis family still have a lot of money? I remember reading some article about the family when Al passed away.

They have enough now, but when Al's widow passes Mark would have to pay a steep inheritance tax on the team. Usually families prepare for this ahead of time and set up the money beforehand. I don't think anyone knows for certain what the situation is exactly beyond the Davis' and the Raiders' brass with the most seniority.

I actually felt bad for Moore. He had a couple passes he should of definitely caught. But one...Down the sideline was a money ball. But bounced of his hands. My section stood up and just got deflated. Another one went right through his arms it was rough.

I wouldn't mind a hard nosed coach if DA really is one. So long as he does it the consistent Tom Coughlin way with the same results. lol.

Welp, 3 more days till TNF and Denver come in to town. Wonder if it will be ghost town like this Sunday. I have yet to go to a Bronco game. Do their fans travel well?

I'd imagine they will, given that tickets will be very cheap to come by and Mile High is sold out every game of the season. Those without season tickets would jump at the chance to see their division champs against a terrible divisional rival.

I think you can because they black out Laker games on Nba TV. But I think they will sell out. they just need 85%.

wonder if its possible to black out a game on nfl network? :x :lol:

I'm actually hoping so...we play the Broncos (hottest team in the AFC next Houston) on three days rest. :lol:

But I have noticed that we play better when no one is watching us.

Pro Football Weekly: Jon Gruden in line to rejoin the Raiders in a "prominent" role

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/12/03/stafford-suffers-from-shotgun-overload

Jon Gruden has been out of the NFL since his abrupt firing by the Buccaneers in 2008, when inside sources said the players turned against his hard coaching style. Known for his admiration of John Madden, many executives around the league believed Gruden was destined for a prime-time role in the broadcast booth and would seek to spend the rest of his career there, capitalizing on the naming rights involved with the video gaming world that reportedly have generated more than $100 million for Madden. While spending the past three seasons working for ESPN on Monday nights, Gruden also has not stopped spending extensive time grilling and getting to know the next batch of quarterbacks to come through the NFL in his annual "Gruden's QB Camp" series, logic would indicate, in preparation for the next coaching opportunity. The latest scuttlebutt in the league has Gruden, on the brink of turning age 50, in line to rejoin the Raiders' organization in a prominent role. The franchise’s downturn can be traced directly back to his departure a decade ago, he has a relationship with GM Reggie McKenzie from their time together in Green Bay and he has an even better understanding of the infrastructure in Oakland and the Al Davis brand of football than anyone in football. With more autonomy to run the organization how he sees fit, adapting a model that Davis taught him, Gruden is very well-positioned to resurrect a faitering franchise that went 0-for-November and has yet to win a game since owner Mark Davis put everyone on notice and said he was not pleased with the direction of the team.

Grady Allen, Dennis Allen's father, has passed. Dennis will return to the Raiders on Wednesday and will be coaching the team Thursday.

“@PGutierrezCSN: #Raiders vs #Broncos WILL be televised locally in Bay Area Thursday night on NFL Network. #noblackout”

Feel sorry for you guys now :lol: I usually watch the games after the fact nowadays because I can't stand watching the team play terribly live. Refuse to get my hopes up for good play.

Back
Top Bottom