Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
Using the amnesty of Stat would've back fired anyway, who was screaming "get me to the Knicks". No one. So say Stat was amnestied, who really wanted to come play for the Knicks? Honestly, who wanted to play alongside Melo? Even if Stat was amnestied we still have the same non-working management, so you amnesty Stat, do you honestly think that this organization would've found a way to mess up something else, they would've overpaid for someone else with fiberglass knees. Before Dolan and crew tied up billions in the current roster and had a blank slate, who else came here, it wasn't Bron or no other big name. And even though we got Tyson after we amnestied Billups, he worked until the Pacers series. There the rest of the league and then there is us, who traded all of our picks for mediocre players, management did. Our problem is there is no clear cut leader on our team, they all say the right thing, but when the ball is jumped it is a different story.

I want to ask y'all something, I been keeping up with this thread for some years, why couldn't y'all see all the **** that is happening now? At this point, it's predictable, it's just waiting for the shoe to drop. Everything that happened from Amar'e to Pringles to Melo, to Woodson. I saw it coming a mile away. I'm not saying don't love your team, but you should know your team by now. It's not even the players' fault, it's faulty management, until that changes, nothing is going to go right for this team.
Honestly, the worst thing that could've happen was the amnesty of Billups. That killed us. We could've used it on Amare's contract.
I completely agree. He was a throw in with that trade but by far the most important. He was the one vet that could reel in Melo and get him to play better in the flow of the offense while still being able to effectively run the entire offense, and they just get rid of him...yet another stupid move. 

It's not even the players' fault, it's faulty management, until that changes, nothing is going to go right for this team.
Management has always sucked, but you can't seriously watch these guys and tell me there's effort anymore.
They quit. Period. I can't blame that on the coach, at this point, it's about personal pride, they can't even play for that. Fair or not, I'm partially blaming Melo for this. He wanted to be the man, and now that his team quit, he's not making them accountable. If I were him, I'd be barking on everyone in practice why they aren't giving full effort and looking lost on offense. But then again, I don't expect that from Carmelo. This is exactly what mean when I say he's not a leader. If nothing else you gotta make your teammates play hard if you're busting your *** on the court. They all look like it's whatver out there now. It's disgraceful.

I completely agree. He was a throw in with that trade but by far the most important. He was the one vet that could reel in Melo and get him to play better in the flow of the offense while still being able to effectively run the entire offense, and they just get rid of him...yet another stupid move. 
His veteran leadership at the PG would've boosted us. But we for some odd reason were in such a rush to do nothing that we felt the need to amnesty him. I always knew since that happened that it was gonna be a HUGE problem for us.

@art
vandelay

sad to say, but the leaders that they acquired were too old (Billups, then Kidd)

True, I'll never argue that, and that's my only knock on Melo. He knows that it is his team, he doesn't have that leadership take the bull by the horns attitude that Kobe/MJ has. Like he is quiet type dude and that's cool, but he needs to be an a-hole sometimes. Kobe and MJ were and it paid dividends.

Using the amnesty of Stat would've back fired anyway, who was screaming "get me to the Knicks". No one. So say Stat was amnestied, who really wanted to come play for the Knicks? Honestly, who wanted to play alongside Melo? Even if Stat was amnestied we still have the same non-working management, so you amnesty Stat, do you honestly think that this organization would've found a way to mess up something else, they would've overpaid for someone else with fiberglass knees. Before Dolan and crew tied up billions in the current roster and had a blank slate, who else came here, it wasn't Bron or no other big name. And even though we got Tyson after we amnestied Billups, he worked until the Pacers series. There the rest of the league and then there is us, who traded all of our picks for mediocre players, management did. Our problem is there is no clear cut leader on our team, they all say the right thing, but when the ball is jumped it is a different story.
I get what you're sayin, but when you have an uninsured max contract on a big man w/ bad knees, that's a move you'd have to make in amnestying him. & the leaders they had were on their way to retirement. I was doomed from the beginning. I love Melo, but he should've waited until offseason to come to NY. 

I bet the Knicks would've been successful with Derek Fisher. They needed a pg who's been there and won. Even if the pg didn't get a ton of burn, his knowledge and savvy would do wonders in the locker room.

lilknick.0_standard_709.0.gif

I get what you're sayin, but when you have an uninsured max contract on a big man w/ bad knees, that's a move you'd have to make in amnestying him. & the leaders they had were on their way to retirement. I was doomed from the beginning. I love Melo, but he should've waited until offseason to come to NY. 

I always felt that way too, plus we would've been able to keep some of our picks and young pieces.

I always felt that way too, plus we would've been able to keep some of our picks and young pieces.
Yup & if we did wanna upgrade, we would've at least had some more assets to get a rondo or kyrie via trade w/ the young pieces & picks. But I'm happy Melo came to NY regardless.

@artvandelay

sad to say, but the leaders that they acquired were too old (Billups, then Kidd)

True, I'll never argue that, and that's my only knock on Melo. He knows that it is his team, he doesn't have that leadership take the bull by the horns attitude that Kobe/MJ has. Like he is quiet type dude and that's cool, but he needs to be an a-hole sometimes. Kobe and MJ were and it paid dividends.
That's a quality about him that everyone constantly overlooks. He was never a leader. He resisted George Karl's philosophy in Denver, had another top 5 scorer on his team, and Chauncey and it still didn't work. He has #1 option talent, but a #2 mentality

The kid shaking his head is perfect...

When I saw it live I was like, "Damn, wish I recorded that and made a GIF"

Behold... haha

Didn't see the game, Glad I didn't

Will we ever actually win a game again? :smh:

Is dude really that bad?!?

I've seen clips of him on the web and doesn't seem bad, but nobody seems to want him either...

Back
Top Bottom