Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
Well he's missed a handful of games, plus he's older. If you were expecting even Houston Ron on defense then you were bound to be disappointed. He still has good instincts and fast hands but those lockdown defender days are gone :frown:

I wonder where Melo is gonna end up on the all time scorers list. Top 50 already with another good 5/6 years potentially left in the tank.

I think Ron is gonna round into shape at the right time and be a big factor in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Man I wish we could do that Westbrook trade. I'd even include JR at this point. Love Tyson but we need that second star ASAP.

What Westbrook trade? :wow:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/realistic-trade-russell-westbrook-save-york-knicks-163000701--nba.html

Russell Westbrook, Kendrick Perkins and a future second-round draft pick for Tyson Chandler, Iman Shumpert, Raymond Felton and the right to swap future first-round draft picks.

hardaway is nice but the rookie of the year is going to michael carter williams... he might be the second best rookie though

No gif of Ron making fun of Kyrie?

CandidSnoopyGermanspaniel.gif

I think Iman would kill in OKC, but the trade won't happen. Who ever in here said Bargs was making the team play horrible, your statment is looking correct right now.

Anyone else dissapointed with Ron this season thus far? I expected him to contribute more on the defensive end for us. But I dont think he has.

I hope the Knicks lockup THJ. He's looking like a candidate for Rookie of the year.
i'm not sure about rookie of the year, but if he continues to get minutes why not. he's definitely been playing like one

the thing is someone like mcw started playing straight out the gate as soon as the season began, while thjr is just starting to get regular minutes so to me that's the only advantage someone like mcw has over thjr

The Bargnani trade was trash from day 1. Provided nothing we needed. But he's here and we gotta make use of him, with the way bodies been falling left and right. We've been playing great without him though and I much prefer Tyler's athleticism and enthusiasm to Bargs lethargy. Wonder if Sn will be smart enough to stick with what's working. Well not really, cause we know he isn't lol. He's gonna keep jamming that square peg into that round hole...
As for THJr, I love everything I'm seeing from the rookie. It makes me wonder what some of y'all expect of him in the future, considering some of you thought Shump had all-star potential and imo THJr has shown much more potential in his rookie year. To me, the thing about Shump was athleticism and defending. That's what you want at the small forward. The offense was a bonus. His rookie year he showed great potential to be a shut down defender and possibly a decent slasher/spot up shooter. And while those things are nice nothing about him ever said "this guy is an all-star" to me. Just a really solid player and contributor. This year his defense has taken a step back and his offense has been hit or miss, no pun intended. Even if he puts it all together I don't feel like he is creative enough offensively to ever be an 18+ point a night guy. He'll probably top out at 15ppg, if that. He's not good at finishing at the rim unless its an open dunk/layup and he's not crafty enough with the ball to beat defenders 1 on 1. If he gets his shot to be consistent he can be Shane Battier with bungies lol.

On the other hand, THJr's offensive game is already far more advanced than Shump's. Heck it probably was at Michigan too. He can obviously shoot the ball. But he's also shown composure, utilizing pump fakes and stepping in for better shots. He's shown the ability to get to the rim with creativity and finishing through contact. He moves off the ball to get open in the corners. He gets out in transition and can put defenders on their heels and finish. I know the knock on him is his defense and rebounding but those things will come with time. And as a shooting guard, honestly I'm not all that concerned with that from him. THJr is a throwback to the shooting guards of old whose primary purpose was to slash and score. He doesn't have to be a lockdown guy, just don't be a sieve (ahem ahem Felton -_-). Shump is more a small forward being shoehorned into the 2 hole so I'm not gonna be too hard on the kid but he needs to be more consistent. It would probably help if we didn't ask him to do both. Either be an elite defender at the 3, or a consistent shooter at the 2. 

Murry has been assigned to the D League. What a joke. We don't have a PG that can defend and Beno is still on our roster.

Last edited:
Murry has been assigned to the D League. What a joke. We don't have a PG that can defend and Beno is still on our roster.
this makes me pretty angry

coaching staff got their heads up their ***** man

now that we're into the second half, it's become apparent that they've been the biggest detriment to this team

I went on the Knicks twitter and they said he will be back for tomorrow, I guess they want him to get as much work in as possible. I really don't want to see Beno ever play again for the Knicks....

Murry is expected to be in uniform tonight when the @ErieBayHawks take on @ArmorHoops - he is expected back in NY tomorrow.
— NY_KnicksPR (@NY_KnicksPR) January 31, 2014

Last edited:
i don't see the point in having a dude travel and get playing time/practice with a d league team. there's more energy and overall resources wasted than just giving the dude some minutes. what's he gonna get out of it that he can't get from actually playing in an nba game?

like last night he got garbage 4th minutes. with that lead? why at the end of the game? 

I'm not tripping over Shumpert. You can always find another 3 and D guy in the draft. I think people were just attached to the personality he came with, then came the high hopes. Never thought he'd be an all-star but I did think he could be a high level role player but he hasn't shown any development over three years. And it's not completely his fault either.

As long as Toure comes back for the game I'm fine with him being sent down. If he can't get run during games at least let him get some PT somehow when he misses out.

I'm not tripping over Shumpert. You can always find another 3 and D guy in the draft. I think people were just attached to the personality he came with, then came the high hopes. Never thought he'd be an all-star but I did think he could be a high level role player but he hasn't shown any development over three years. And it's not completely his fault either.

As long as Toure comes back for the game I'm fine with him being sent down. If he can't get run during games at least let him get some PT somehow when he misses out.

I think Toure brings another dimension to this team, that we do not have. He's shown he can post up and finish at the rim as well as a mid-range jumper. He defends and rebounds fairly well. Reminiscent of Copelan from last year, minus the long range jumpshooting (which we have an excess of).

I'd like to see Toure get more minutes, I think he'll prove his worth. Knicks have too many guards. We need someon like Toure, apparently Bargnani hasnt fulfilled expectations. At least not on a consistant basis.

arent the bayhawks in NYC this weekend? I dont think he is traveling. Bargs is being misused and the trade actually got us cap space. Bargs is off the books after next year where as Novak has almost $4MM guaranteed for the 15/16 season. plus i think camby would've been on our books too for the next two years.

Back
Top Bottom