NYC SNOW STORM Vol. IS Cuny Open!? Update

CITY TECH IS OPEN.

eyes.gif
smh.gif

what ever im still not going to bio.

i wish this storm happened tonight instead of last night....i go to QC...but i don't have school Mondays...just Tues!...arghhH!

School is closed in some. My shorty goes to Brooklyn College but they seem to be open. Damn the snow messed up the momentum these Heights !%+! had in wearingthose skimpy clothes in these last couple of semi-warm days.

man worst *** day to go to baruch. i had a midterm today that up till that point, wasnt cancelled. anyway i live in queens and i troop through the snow at 6 inthe morning to the bus and take the train for 2 hours. when i get out of the train , i get an email on my blackberry from my professor saying midterm for todaywas cancelled. FML. so i head to the bagel store to have breakfast and im ready to peace out and head back to the train and i get another email saying that themidterm cancellation email was fake, and someone made a FAKE email that looked like hers and that my midterm was STILL on. FML again. And head back to school.wait around for another hour or so studying, reading, and whatnot. i get ANOTHER email from my REAL professor saying finally, that she decided to CANCEL thetest anyway because too many people might have thought it was still cancelled due to the fake email. basically i woke up, trooped the snow, and walked aroundfor nothing. CUNYS should have been closed in the first place.

cliff notes:

-troop to city in the snow
-get an email saying my midterm was cancelled
-email was fake from fake email address and midterm was still on
-midterm ended up getting cancelled anyway
-travelled and waited for a total of 4 hours for nothing.
-*%$+ the cuny system. you owe me 4 dollars.

I wasn't going to go to school anyway, and I just woke up to the news that public schools were closed (High School for me).

Funny part is, I would have been home at this time anyway even if I had went to school. I'm probably going to eat breakfast and head back to bed
pimp.gif

Issued by The National Weather Service
New York City, NY
9:04 am EST, Mon., Mar. 2, 2009

... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EST THIS EVENING...

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EST THIS EVENING.

BANDS OF MODERATE TO OCCASIONALLY HEAVY SNOW WILL MOVE BACK INTO THE NEW YORK CITY METROPOLITAN AREA AND THE LOWER HUDSONVALLEY THIS MORNING. AFTER A BRIEF LULL... THIS SNOW WILL ALSO RETURN TO EASTERN LONG ISLAND AND SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT BY LATE MORNING.

ADDITIONAL SNOWFALL OF 2 TO 4 INCHES IS EXPECTED TODAY. THIS WILL BRING TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS UP TO 6 TO 12 INCHES INORANGE AND WESTERN PASSAIC COUNTIES... 8 TO 12 INCHES IN THE NEW YORK CITY METROPOLITAN AREA... 9 TO 13 INCHES IN SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT... AND 10 TO 15 INCHESACROSS CENTRAL AND EASTERN LONG ISLAND.

NORTH WINDS SUSTAINED AT 15 TO 25 MPH AND GUSTING TO 30 TO 40 MPH WILL CAUSE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW... WITHVISIBILITIES OF LESS THAN A QUARTER OF A MILE AT TIMES AND NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS.

so 2 of 4 of my classes cancelled....but ofcourse the ones i wanted cancelled are the only ones i have to go to....FML

Thank Jesus SJU is closed today...I'm already pissed off enough I have to work today...with the way the %%%@#** market is going they might as well haveshut this %#$# down today along with the public schools...FML.

i will be getting my car out of the snow in a bit to head to class at brooklyn college. it's gonna suck if my professors are not in today.

Originally Posted by discombobulated jack

man worst *** day to go to baruch. i had a midterm today that up till that point, wasnt cancelled. anyway i live in queens and i troop through the snow at 6 in the morning to the bus and take the train for 2 hours. when i get out of the train , i get an email on my blackberry from my professor saying midterm for today was cancelled. FML. so i head to the bagel store to have breakfast and im ready to peace out and head back to the train and i get another email saying that the midterm cancellation email was fake, and someone made a FAKE email that looked like hers and that my midterm was STILL on. FML again. And head back to school. wait around for another hour or so studying, reading, and whatnot. i get ANOTHER email from my REAL professor saying finally, that she decided to CANCEL the test anyway because too many people might have thought it was still cancelled due to the fake email. basically i woke up, trooped the snow, and walked around for nothing. CUNYS should have been closed in the first place.

cliff notes:

eco 1002 with chakraborty?
laugh.gif
Luckily I didnt leave my house early. Justbe glad you got that bagel and didnt hop on the train. My friend went to school, got the fake email and went home (staten island). Once she got home, she foundout it was a fake email so she went back to school. Upon getting to school, she finds out its really cancelled.

^Ouch

Originally Posted by discombobulated jack

man worst *** day to go to baruch. i had a midterm today that up till that point, wasnt cancelled. anyway i live in queens and i troop through the snow at 6 in the morning to the bus and take the train for 2 hours. when i get out of the train , i get an email on my blackberry from my professor saying midterm for today was cancelled. FML. so i head to the bagel store to have breakfast and im ready to peace out and head back to the train and i get another email saying that the midterm cancellation email was fake, and someone made a FAKE email that looked like hers and that my midterm was STILL on. FML again. And head back to school. wait around for another hour or so studying, reading, and whatnot. i get ANOTHER email from my REAL professor saying finally, that she decided to CANCEL the test anyway because too many people might have thought it was still cancelled due to the fake email. basically i woke up, trooped the snow, and walked around for nothing. CUNYS should have been closed in the first place.

cliff notes:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom