NYC Is Taking a Major L thanks to the MAYOR of KFC

Can y’all hit up @nycmayor on Twitter and chastise Bill deblasio for putting teachers and students at risk by keeping schools open. This is ridiculous man. Worse than congestion pricing, bail reform, and plastic bag bans.

Can y’all hit up @nycmayor on Twitter and chastise Bill deblasio for putting teachers and students at risk by keeping schools open. This is ridiculous man. Worse than congestion pricing, bail reform, and plastic bag bans.
You must be a Trump supporter

My local district finally closed today. Should have been done weeks ago.

Where should the 114,000 homeless students go? Do you have a plan for that?

same thing they do in the summers. Designate a school for the population that needs childcare. Kitchens will be open in every school regardless. Having one school with 100 kids in it per neighborhood is a hell of a lot safer than having schools overcrowded with thousands of people on top of each other.
You must be a Trump supporter
wtf does that mean? Stop saying pointless **** that doesn’t add to a discussion.

Im having a hard time drawing a distinction between those who look at this and simply want to be off from work and those who want to be off for safety purposes...if it’s the latter i assume you are prepared to keep yourself AND your kids locked under your roof for 2 weeks, away from anyone else...because if it’s not safe in a school is not safe anywhere to be honest, this virus is so widespread that the only option you have to actually do something that would sort of make a difference if any, is staying home and not coming out....

then Im still seeing people who ask for schools to close and other work places and then also post their 60$ Round trip tix to florida.

then Im still seeing people who ask for schools to close and other work places and then also post their 60$ Round trip tix to florida.

This is negligent and why I hate people sometimes. For the most part, posters I’ve seen on here are about being quarantined, not going out and restricting social interaction (ie cancelling trips, not going to parties/public outings, etc.)

Im having a hard time drawing a distinction between those who look at this and simply want to be off from work and those who want to be off for safety purposes...if it’s the latter i assume you are prepared to keep yourself AND your kids locked under your roof for 2 weeks, away from anyone else...because if it’s not safe in a school is not safe anywhere to be honest, this virus is so widespread that the only option you have to actually do something that would sort of make a difference if any, is staying home and not coming out....

Why are you even worried about it? Focus on you and yours. Like really who gives a *****?

People want to turn EVERYTHING into us vs them. :smh:

Yea I was going to ask you if yall wereout t
Yet.

WE just got word yesterday.

They are probably worried about free meals and how many kids will no longer get them.

Yea I was going to ask you if yall wereout t
Yet.

WE just got word yesterday.

They are probably worried about free meals and how many kids will no longer get them.
Major concerns for sure but nope we’re still working. Idk why they can’t just provide designated locations for the child care and food. Our mayor is really pushing the agenda that if kids are home doctors and nurses won’t be able to work which is crazy to me because doctors and nurses don’t have regular 9-5 schedules that are consistent so what do they do when they work the graveyard or those long 20 hour shifts.

So Maryland schools were closed on Thursday. The issue with that is many DC Teachers LIVE in Maryland and as a result had nothing to do with their kids. So I think THAT helped Mayer Bowser (DC) make her decision.

The childcare issue is real from listening to parents speak.

I am as cynical as anyone but I don't think this is a super easy decision to make. So many other things need to be accounted for in a situation like this.

BUt once you get that email, man I know you will be happy you don't have to go to work. ( **** what ksteezy ksteezy says).

Yesterday, at school, was like the last day before the Summer.

Last edited:
Major concerns for sure but nope we’re still working. Idk why they can’t just provide designated locations for the child care and food. Our mayor is really pushing the agenda that if kids are home doctors and nurses won’t be able to work which is crazy to me because doctors and nurses don’t have regular 9-5 schedules that are consistent so what do they do when they work the graveyard or those long 20 hour shifts.
People should think for themselves and tell their kids to stay home regardless of what the government says. And I disagree, a school is far less safe right now compared to walking outside. Way higher chance to catch this virus cuz so many people from different walks of life are all under the same roof

i understand the hate for hit..........but what we don't know is how many docs and nurses dealing with the virus day in day out.........thats a factor i believe

shutdown schools would mean nurses and docs have to stay home with their kids....not all maybe some have ability to because their partner can stay home..........i think it should be last resort but i understand teachers being pissed about it being huge risk to them.......everyone has a story.........if a teacher lives at home with a parent she/he shouldnt be at school.....if a kid lives at home with a grandparent they shouldnt be at school......

make sure you shower soon as you go into your home......if washing hands is SO important why isnt washing your entire body soon as you enter your home.......i got into convo with women at work about whats shes doing, shes a mask person.....cool i get it.....but in that convo i got her to say when she likes to shower.....she says morning......when the words came out she realized whoa thats a mistake.....

Difficult decision for city schools. I'm not even gonna pretend I know the answer, but in a perfect world everyone should be staying home and only moving if absolutely necessary. Just look at Italy. We've been warned. AND we got a late start.

Tough for some Houston shut down Wednesday, I believe. Hysteria is one of Houston’s fortes. :lol:

same thing they do in the summers. Designate a school for the population that needs childcare. Kitchens will be open in every school regardless. Having one school with 100 kids in it per neighborhood is a hell of a lot safer than having schools overcrowded with thousands of people on top of each other.
wtf does that mean? Stop saying pointless **** that doesn’t add to a discussion.
The breakfast/lunch model used in the summer months is such a good idea. Sometimes the best idea is the simplest.

There was an interesting discussion about this on Reddit too.

My kids schools are open. We got an automated call from the district and an email saying they fear if they don't hit the 180 school day minimum, they are at risk for losing the state funding next year.
What's the point of putting the state and county in a state of emergency if this is still a concern.

They said they will only close if they have a confirmed case in the school. That's like saying I will only buy a fire extinguisher once my house catches ablaze.

Least in New York as a state of emergency we don’t have to go back to make the days up in the summer and we’re still accountable for our six hour days while we potentially are online

Back
Top Bottom