NYC Is Taking a Major L thanks to the MAYOR of KFC

NYC schools will stay open as long as they can because an unfortunate amount of students rely on breakfast & lunch meals. It's just the reality of the situation.
Following the already existing summer breakfast/lunch program would negate that argument. Read page 1 of this thread.

Following the already existing summer breakfast/lunch program would negate that argument. Read page 1 of this thread.
Exactly. Administration and support staff have to be in the building regardless. They can come pick up their meal without problems and if needed I’m sure teachers would be willing to stay for childcare for their overtime rate.

Least in New York as a state of emergency we don’t have to go back to make the days up in the summer and we’re still accountable for our six hour days while we potentially are online
Damb I didn’t know that. They cancelled school from this Tuesday to April 27 here in Boston. I was thinking it sucks for them because it barely snowed this year so the kids were gonna get out early and now they have to make up 6 weeks, but I wonder if it’s the same here as in NY regarding the state of emergency

Our governor passed a law for it so I wonder if they have the same idea up there. Schools still closed but the main lobbying party against closing them, the 1199 healthcare union, now wants schools closed so we’ll see what happens

Life insurance life insurance life insurance
One of the most important things
for u
And ur fam

Im having a hard time drawing a distinction between those who look at this and simply want to be off from work and those who want to be off for safety purposes...if it’s the latter i assume you are prepared to keep yourself AND your kids locked under your roof for 2 weeks, away from anyone else...because if it’s not safe in a school is not safe anywhere to be honest, this virus is so widespread that the only option you have to actually do something that would sort of make a difference if any, is staying home and not coming out....

then Im still seeing people who ask for schools to close and other work places and then also post their 60$ Round trip tix to florida.

Many teachers want to be off work. One argued with a New York 1 reporter that it's harder to teach a class of 12. I asked her, isn't that preferred to a class of 30+? She went off on a tangent. These kids aren't going to be home. They will be on the streets until their parents are home from work for those that actually have parents that work. With the weather starting to warm up, this is the worst thing you can ask for.

Schools will be open for lunch but what about the other meals during the day? How are these kids going to get at least 3 meals a day?
They only get two each day tbh so idk what they do the rest of the time. Good question though. schools officially will close this week. Thank God. Between my pregnant wife, grandmother and parents, this has been so stressful.

Back
Top Bottom