NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

This thread died...

No ruger fans? Sheesh. Murica'!

Anyway .45 rds are impossible to locate off the interwebz. With the gun I got a 50 box of 230g indy fmjs. Big fat slow suckers thatll penetrate a door like nuthin. In my search the past two days ive only been able to track down some federal 165g hydra shoks from wally mart. 25 for 20 :x

Anyway any insight on a rd this light. From what I can gather the increased speed will lead to more energy n thus more recoil although theyre marked "low recoil"

Sux spendin 50 bucks on 40 rds of what will ultimately be target ammo but im curious about runnun a lighter load. Not really conscerned about damage cuz I imagine any rd; so long as its well placed, from a. 45 should stop a man n their tracks

This thread died...

No ruger fans? Sheesh. Murica'!

Anyway .45 rds are impossible to locate off the interwebz. With the gun I got a 50 box of 230g indy fmjs. Big fat slow suckers thatll penetrate a door like nuthin. In my search the past two days ive only been able to track down some federal 165g hydra shoks from wally mart. 25 for 20 :x

Anyway any insight on a rd this light. From what I can gather the increased speed will lead to more energy n thus more recoil although theyre marked "low recoil"

Sux spendin 50 bucks on 40 rds of what will ultimately be target ammo but im curious about runnun a lighter load. Not really conscerned about damage cuz I imagine any rd; so long as its well placed, from a. 45 should stop a man n their tracks

[COLOR=#red]Lol!!! I like Rugers...but more importantly as long as you love it that's all that matters bro. Firearm selection is VERY personal and varies per person.

.45 was expensive before the craze...now it's expensive AND rare...but not as bad as 9mm shortages. It's a slow fat round like you said that packs a wallop.

Yeah this thread is slow...it's an old thread that been around for over three years...basically one of the oldest threads still here on NT so if it ultimately dies out it had a good run...not bad for a firearm thread on a shoe site.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Anyone who is looking for ammo at a decent price, download the Walmart app for your phone. I successfully found and bought 300rds of 9mm on Monday because of it.

Anyone who is looking for ammo at a decent price, download the Walmart app for your phone. I successfully found and bought 300rds of 9mm on Monday because of it.

The lines are redic at my walmart n the a.m.

"Aint nobody got time fo that"

Guess I gotta make time... until then imma jus pray these 165 grain gimme no issues.

AnY reloaders in here? Im not knowledgable enough for that but seems it may be worth the research/learn time

Guess I gotta make time... until then imma jus pray these 165 grain gimme no issues.

AnY reloaders in here? Im not knowledgable enough for that but seems it may be worth the research/learn time

I completely forgot to mention that the app tells you what is and isn't in stock.

Anybody CCW a full sz 1911? Qualified with my kimber super match II 1911 for off duty carry. Going to be using speer gold dot 230 grain .45acp hollow points. Carrying her in a crossbreed supertuck deluxe

[COLOR=#red]Thanks bro!!! some of the best news I've heard in a while. Right now I'm down to my defensive ammo and haven't shot my Glock in many months.

Edit: BTW I'm sure y'all have seen that AR's are starting to come down from the paranoia prices and they are in stock at a lot of places again. My boy who's an Officer in Alabama scooped a DPMS flattop for a little over $1k and that was without a LEO discount.[/COLOR]

Last edited:

[COLOR=#red]If I'm not mistaken, I think RichieCotitie is either reloading or at the very least buying the equipment to do so.

I'll do so once I get into a house again...I just hate that it will turn me into "that guy" who scavengers every spent round I see at the gun range :lol:[/COLOR]

Anybody CCW a full sz 1911? Qualified with my kimber super match II 1911 for off duty carry. Going to be using speer gold dot 230 grain .45acp hollow points. Carrying her in a crossbreed supertuck deluxe

[COLOR=#red]1911's make great CCW firearms even at full size due to their relatively slim profile...they don't print as much as some of the double stack firearms.

How you liking your Kimber? Amazing how the basic design been around for 100+ years and still considered one of the best firearms available.[/COLOR]

Finally found one for a decent price and added it to the collection last weekend. Put about 100 rds through it. It's definitely got some snap but is manageable. I've been wanting a .45 for awhile and I carry daily so this seemed like a perfect fit. I'm gonna need more practice with it before I swap it out with my SR9c though cuz I couldn't keep from anticipating the recoil and flinching, so I and was shooting a little low and to the left. Great gun though.

EDIT: Oh and BTW...ammo prices are STUPID right now but AR prices are definitely starting to go down. My business partner just bought a DPMS Oracle for around $800.

- Preciate it.

Last edited:
Finally found one for a decent price and added it to the collection last weekend. Put about 100 rds through it. It's definitely got some snap but is manageable. I've been wanting a .45 for awhile and I carry daily so this seemed like a perfect fit. I'm gonna need more practice with it before I swap it out with my SR9c though cuz I couldn't keep from anticipating the recoil and flinching, so I and was shooting a little low and to the left. Great gun though.

EDIT: Oh and BTW...ammo prices are STUPID right now but AR prices are definitely starting to go down. My business partner just bought a DPMS Oracle for around $800.

- Preciate it.

[COLOR=#red]Thanks for putting me on to the Oracle. I haven't checked DPMS is a few so I knew nothing about it. People overlook DPMS sometimes...but they make great rifles.

Nice .45 BTW So many great choices these days.[/COLOR]

i was about to get suckered in for a mossberg ar look alike gun for $300 and quickly realized waht it really is.

now im in the market for for a glock 17 and glock 19 as well as AR-15 custom builds. if anyone has good decent price suppliers lmk plzz

- Preciate it.

Dope :pimp:

Was between this the glock n my ruger when I bought mine. Ultimately I went the cheap route as i got a kick *** deal. 400+ tax out the door n a throw in box of 50rds

I think I want a 9 now too for my wallets sake and def a 1911... I think im officially on my way to catchin the bug.. not like 206 haha but 3 or 4 pistols 2 shutguns n 2 or 3 other long guns sounds ideal haha

I have a DPMS Oracle flat top, and I can vouch for it. I wanted a Colt but considering I'm not competing or anything of that sort, and my shooting locations are limited, it made sense to go the cheaper route. Got it for 625 right before all this crap went down. Shot great right out of the box.

ruger's are the fat girls of the gun world, everyone's had one, but most people won't admit it. it's ugly as sin, but the second gun i ever bought was a 9mm P95 back in 2005. Was a good gun, went bang everytime i pulled the trigger.

I don't know what ya'll are talking about, but .45 is the ONLY ammo i've been able to find in any quantity. Hell, I got rid of one of my 9mm because I can't replace the ammo i do shoot, and 20 a box for 9mm range ammo is unacceptable to me. The last 9mm i bought was a 500 rd case of 147 gr Win Rangers for 203 shipped. If i had known it was gonna get bad, i'd have bought 2 or three times that. In the last month I've found and bought 500 rounds of 230 pmc last week for 24 a box (sgammo), 150 rounds of hydrashock for 35 per box (sgammo), PPU 230 for 22 per box (cabelas.com), and I got a deal going with a local dude from vaguntrader for 185 gr golden sabers for .80 per round (125 rounds). Since March I've bought over 1500 rounds, almost all online. gunbot.net and daily checking of websites are your friend. Especially when you do find ammo, you gotta jump on it ASAP.

Personally, I wouldn't go lower than 185 gr for .45. I don't even really like the 185's that much. Just personal preference, as the selling point of 45 is it's accuracy, and it's a heavy bullet. When you go lighter, you lose some of that advantage. With the current situation as is, you gotta do what you gotta do.

[COLOR=#red]1911's make great CCW firearms even at full size due to their relatively slim profile...they don't print as much as some of the double stack firearms.

How you liking your Kimber? Amazing how the basic design been around for 100+ years and still considered one of the best firearms available.[/COLOR]

Its my favorite handgun in my collection. It shoots way better than me. Trigger is so smooth that most of shots suprise me. I have polymer guns too and am issued a glock17 as my duty weapon, but nothing compares to the feel of holding a full sz 1911

Sry 2 blow this thread up last cpl days but I found remmington UMC .45 at *****.. bought 3 boxes off GP... should I go back n buy the last 4... lutterally chillin n parkin lot debating

Glad people are still keeping this thread going

'When there is doubt, there is no doubt'

Buy that ammo. Unless its more than $.55 per round. Personally, about 50 cents per round is the limit. But if you don't have a few hundred on hand, then you should.

I didn't do it... But I got lucky at Walmart this morning after randomly checking the app during my daily duece... 300 rds of Winchester white box for a buck 20.. Figured I'd only cop one pair of Js on the restock now insteada the initially budgeted 2.

They had helllla 9mm in stock. I don't own a 9 but thought about purchasing for friends

How many rds would u guys say is ample for a small home stash. I'm up to 520 less the 150 or so I plan on poppin off today/tomorrow thru the SR

Last edited:
^ it all depends on you, whether or not your into the whole prepper thing, whether you go to the range often, etc. I like to have 1000 rounds per caliber i shoot regularly.

You did a good move by leaving some of that 9mm. If you don't need it, don't buy it. Theres plenty of other gun related things to spend your money on.

Smooth sailing :pimp:

200 rds thru. Not one ftf. One fte tho. I think the mag was jus stiff n the beginning

Gun is as advertised... extremely accurate for a .45

Recoil is dampened to the point ibwas able to double tap quite easily.

Went bang everytime. The winny white box are poop. The charges werent consistant at all. Some rds looked like fireworks goin off at my muzzle hah remmy green box were solid. Federal hollows were solid. But the winnys were so dirty. Had the inside of the gun lookin like I shot a whole brick thru it.

120 bucks well spent... I really like it

Smooth sailing :pimp:

200 rds thru. Not one ftf. One fte tho. I think the mag was jus stiff n the beginning

Gun is as advertised... extremely accurate for a .45

Recoil is dampened to the point ibwas able to double tap quite easily.

Went bang everytime. The winny white box are poop. The charges werent consistant at all. Some rds looked like fireworks goin off at my muzzle hah remmy green box were solid. Federal hollows were solid. But the winnys were so dirty. Had the inside of the gun lookin like I shot a whole brick thru it.

120 bucks well spent... I really like it

[COLOR=#red]Good to hear the gun went bang every time you pulled the trigger. does wonders for the confidence of your firearm. I remember my first Kimber being EXTREMELY finicky with ammo. It spooked the heck out of me and maybe I should have worked with it a little longer, I got rid of it. I felt like if I EVER had to use it and it jammed/mis-fired it wouldn't matter who the manufacturer was. A Hi-Point that shoots every time is more valuable than a Kimber that jams. [/COLOR]

Very reassuring :pimp: Thx for all the info uve contributed from pg 1 EDW. Richie. Ar guy and others

Although my SR may be a fat girl Richie she is like Sara Jay or Pinky... got it n all the right places n gets the load off everytime :smile:

First mag from 25 yds one handed dueling stance . I think I finally am gettin my aim up :pimp: 400 rds or so now... thing is 98.9% sure im trading it for an sr1911 cmd

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom