NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

I am looking to get my first gun right now. I had settled on getting a Glock 19, but I am finding it hard to come across right now. Everywhere I call around Miami/ Ft. Lauderdale says they don't have any right now. I was set on 9 mm, so the 26 is an option also I guess, but when i shot the 26 before I was not too happy with the small grip. I know the Glock 23 is the same size as the 19. Is the recoil, that much worse with the .40 vs the 9 mm ?  

if you get the 26 you can use mags from the 19 or get the mag made for the 26 that extends the grip to the length of the 19. 9mm is signifcantly softer shooting, and usually cheaper.

I am looking to get my first gun right now. I had settled on getting a Glock 19, but I am finding it hard to come across right now. Everywhere I call around Miami/ Ft. Lauderdale says they don't have any right now. I was set on 9 mm, so the 26 is an option also I guess, but when i shot the 26 before I was not too happy with the small grip. I know the Glock 23 is the same size as the 19. Is the recoil, that much worse with the .40 vs the 9 mm ?  
Two options:

1. Get the 26 and use the magazines from the 19 or even the 17 like others have said.  A couple different companies make sleeves for the mags to improve the grip.  OR you can change the base plates of 26 mags with either a magazine extender or just a pinky extension.  Pierce grips is a company whos products I'm familiar with and have installed on customers guns with nothing but positive feedback.

2. Get the 23.  Yes it is the same size as the 19 just a different caliber BUT you can get a new barrel and with 19 mags convert it down to a 9mm.  This gives you the option of two calibers in essentially one gun.  YES the conversions work and I have shot them personally with no problems.  Lone Wolf and Stormlake are two companies I know that make the conversion/replacement barrels.

if you get the 26 you can use mags from the 19 or get the mag made for the 26 that extends the grip to the length of the 19. 9mm is signifcantly softer shooting, and usually cheaper.

agreed, .40 feels snappier than a .45 to me too. i don't like .40 at all. 9mm or .45 is the way i'd go.

I have both, but usually with the Glock 23 i put the G32 barrel in it as I like the .357sig round way better. Just be patient if you are dead set on the G19. Definitely a good handgun to start off with as its cheaper to shoot than the others mentioned.

-SAlNlDllvllAlNl-

g19 is a solid gun. i'd say just wait it out. i'm not a fan of glock but i do like the g19. i'm a tiny dude so it's perfect for me. best sub 600 dollar pistol i've shot. (before the madness) i don't know about fl but mn already said they aren't changing any laws so i'm good. i just need to wait on re stocks. if my state isn't banning stuff fl def wont be.

I found a gen 4 G19, but they wanted $725, I passed. I instead got the G17 gen 4 for 509 plus tax.

Anybody can recommend sites to find ammo ?

Is BulkAmmo.com reliable ?

Picked this up last month. M&P .40

Picked up my mossberg 500 persuader today. About to get a s&w m&p15 sport. $1125 a good price? Ive seen $900-950 but out of stock. A local shop asking $1600. What do you all think?

Are you still looking for the M&P Sport? One of my spots has it for $831 with the bullet button installed but it comes with no mags

I Turn 18 In A Few Months And Was Wondering If Anybody Had Any Recommendations For Left Handed ARs? & What All Would Be Necessary To Get One? I Live In VA.

I Turn 18 In A Few Months And Was Wondering If Anybody Had Any Recommendations For Left Handed ARs? & What All Would Be Necessary To Get One? I Live In VA.
Cosign, i turn 18 in NJ in two months and want to find a left handed AR

If you're left handed you don't need to buy those gimmicky Stag AR's made for left handed people. Just practice shooting it with your left hand. If you're still set on getting something for left handed people look at the Scar.

Are you still looking for the M&P Sport? One of my spots has it for $831 with the bullet button installed but it comes with no mags

Yeah I jumped on the $1125 2 weeks ago. I recently have seen price drops to $800. After already owning it smh

Last edited:
anyone know the process to apply for a handgun permit in ny? im talking all the details any suprises etc.

If you're left handed you don't need to buy those gimmicky Stag AR's made for left handed people. Just practice shooting it with your left hand. If you're still set on getting something for left handed people look at the Scar.
I Just Want A Left Handed Upper So I Don't Have To Deal With Shells Flying Across My Body. Not Necessarily Left Handed, But It Could Be Something Ambidextrous Like The PS90. That's What I've Been Looking Into.

I Just Want A Left Handed Upper So I Don't Have To Deal With Shells Flying Across My Body. Not Necessarily Left Handed, But It Could Be Something Ambidextrous Like The PS90. That's What I've Been Looking Into.

Personally, i like the idea of the ps90 (especially with a 10.5" barrel, you can literally fit it in a bookbag) but 5.7 is unobtanium right now, and if you do find it, your going to drop at least a dollar a round. Like someone else mentioned, Stag makes left handed rifles, and i think RRA does, though if it were me, and i really really wanted a left hand AR, i'd buy a good barrel (Rainier arms is probably the best bang for your buck when their in stock) and a stripped/complete LH upper, and have an armorer put it together. Barrel and BCG are 2 things you don't want to skimp. Lower receiver, and upper receiver are going to be more or less the same whoever you get them from. I would spring for the extra dough and buy either a BCM or LMT complete lower.

You could also go with something like the FS200, takes AR STANAG mags, is fully ambi, and ejects from the bottom. Also going to run you a few stacks.

*Saw your in VA, what part? you do know also that it's legal for an 18 year old to own a handgun in VA ?

Last edited:
I didn't know this. I'm not 18 but I live in VA :lol: I just thought at 18 you could buy hunting rifles or shotguns

To clarify, it's legal for an 18 to own a handgun, but it's not legal for a dealer with an FFL to sell you a gun. So basically you could be given one as a gift, or buy one from a private individual and as long as it was purchased legally, your good to go.

botach had 10 round m&p 45 mags for $20 bucks, so i figured i might as well buy a dozen. Then i realized i didn't have an m&p 45, so i had order one of those. Should be in next week, thanks to gunbroker. total price of the m&p compact will be $555. Not horrible, plus the shop a full size on consignment with a holster and a couple of extra mags for $600. The big selling point for me was that all m&p45's will accept the 10 round and 14 round mags (a la glock, something not true for the m&p 9's) and it's esentially 3 guns in 1. The Full size has 4.5 inch barrel, the compact and mid sized have 4" barrels. But you can take the slide assembly off the full size and put it on the compact and vice versa. The end result is a grip shortened .45 caliber with 4.5" barrel. Best of both worlds.

*edit* anyone looking for .45 acp self defense ammo, sgammo.com has/had 230 gr Hydra shok for 35 per box. Not bad for second rate self defense ammo in this day and age.

Last edited:
Finally took the the class last night to get my MA license. Now i just need to fill out the paperwork and schedule my interview with the chief of police in my town.

First legal purchase. Need to get my grandpas old guns legally transferred to me but hes dead. What do I do?

Back
Top Bottom