NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Wilson Combat is nice, but for the money you can get a couple Springfields or Kimbers and still have money to buy an AR lol. Would I buy a WC 1911 with my own money? Probably not but probably buy a Springfield TRP Operator and a Professional.

Ok I'm just trying to understand the reasoning behind getting a .45... seems like a big gun that will body one track minded zombies. If I'm not law enforcement or military isn't that kinda overkill?

The sigma ain't a beauty but it aint like one of those Hi-points Xavier got
laugh.gif

sw9ve-thumb.jpg

btw here's a link to pretty dope wiki page for guns in movies

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Main_Page
800px-24_M26_2.jpg

well usually when you carry .45 you have less rounds in the magazine as opposed to a .40 or 9mm
if ammo wasn't so expensive I'd have a 10mm pistol that is a great round.

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

they're just ugly, it's the model that GLOCK sued for patent infringement. Just not sure why you would waste money on that when you can have an excellent refined version in the M&P line. But if you can find one for cheap get it. It's just not a must have pistol IMO
and I understand not all of us can afford Wilson Combats.
sigmas are pretty ugly, i'll give you that, and i have no problem about it being a glock rip-off. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? But if your looking for a smokewagon that goes bang when you pull the trigger, it's still a damn good deal, considering the price of most modern handguns. I'd get one just to have something that i don't care about banging up 

Originally Posted by 0cks

Ok I'm just trying to understand the reasoning behind getting a .45... seems like a big gun that will body one track minded zombies. If I'm not law enforcement or military isn't that kinda overkill?

The sigma ain't a beauty but it aint like one of those Hi-points Xavier got
laugh.gif

sw9ve-thumb.jpg

btw here's a link to pretty dope wiki page for guns in movies

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Main_Page
800px-24_M26_2.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i dont have that hi point anymore

Updated my 870 Police.

Before:

Came with the Speedfeed stock set.

3908253982_c04ca13c3f_z.jpg

Now:

Installed factory 870 P.D wood stock set, refinished in gunstock brown stain+pok-racrylic finish, along with a factory blued +3 magazine extension.  Now this is what you call a 'CLASSIC' fighting shotgun.

5684673812_5285d8e5de_b.jpg

5684104525_66935d61c3_b.jpg

smokin.gif

The smith & wesson m&p is highly reccomended by me. I own 2 of them (full size and compact) in .40 and they are great guns. Zero malfunctions out of either of them. I carry the full size with streamlight tlr-1s light attached daily and the compact as a back up on my ankle on weekends/evenings. They are great guns and some enforcement agencys have switched to them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_M&P

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Originally Posted by 0cks

If I just want a handgun to leave in the glove compartment of the whip, what kind of license do I need? Does it really need to be in a case? If there's a situation I really wouldn't want to have to open the glove box and then unpack the gun from a suitcase and assemble it before I'm locked and loaded... I'm in TX btw....
just your conceal and carry.  check with the gunshops by you.  they usually offer the class.  you can leave it loaded in your glovebox all day with that.
why leave it in the glovebox if you have your license to carry? without the license you can have it in your glovebox just not loaded.

Nah in Texas you don't need a CHL to keep a loaded handgun in your vehicle while traveling. I have my CHL and learned that during the course. According to House Bill 1815 as long as the pistol is concealed and you are within your legal right to own a handgun, you can carry it in your vehicle loaded and ready for action.

I'm in Houston, TX too BTW.

Carrying an unloaded firearm to me is pointless. What you gonna do when you're getting jacked or held up? Tell the robber to hold on while you load up?
laugh.gif

- Preciate it.

In Illinois You can have a firearm in your car if its (i) broken down in an unusable state or (ii) not accessible or (iii) in a box/case and unloaded.....

I read somewhere that you can now carry an unloaded gun in your center console/glove box.... I don't trust it though. You have to serve the minimal sentence BY LAW if you get convicted of a UUW charge..... No probation, straight jail time......

....No-can-do

Originally Posted by jd3772000

The smith & wesson m&p is highly reccomended by me. I own 2 of them (full size and compact) in .40 and they are great guns. Zero malfunctions out of either of them. I carry the full size with streamlight tlr-1s light attached daily and the compact as a back up on my ankle on weekends/evenings. They are great guns and some enforcement agencys have switched to them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_M&P
I will give a second nod for the m&p. Lots of LE agencies are dumping their guns for m&p's.

i have to renew my L by august.........

my next gun purchase will be before 2012 for sure.

ok I have my CCDW and keep it where ever. but carry open at work.
dam bro, where you work? 
Working in an office with a bunch of women 2 blocks from the white house in a secured building with the drug czar FTL

Originally Posted by richiecotite

Seattle, how much did you're new setup run you ?

Furniture-$100
Magazine Extension-$70
Prep-material/stain/srpay-$20

So I spent close to $200.

that looks damn nice homie; a nice departure from the typical tacticool items you mostly see.

Just purchased a Trijicon MS03 mini red dot for the FN, supposed to be in Tuesday. Took it out tothe range today, and that thing is a beast. Luckily, the gun shoots a lot better than me.

sup yall, im new to the whole "Gun" scene but im looking to invest in the XD.40 handgun. My question is

Where can i go to study up on or practice the license test? Or is there just certain things i should just knw?

im in CA by the way, and im 22

Originally Posted by richiecotite

that looks damn nice homie; a nice departure from the typical tacticool items you mostly see.

Just purchased a Trijicon MS03 mini red dot for the FN, supposed to be in Tuesday. Took it out tothe range today, and that thing is a beast. Luckily, the gun shoots a lot better than me.

If you wouldn't mind, could you post some pics? I was looking at the Trijicon RMR and it seems they are basically the same thing minus the cost difference.

Ok fellas I copped the Glock 17 9mm over the Glock 21 .45acp. My boys are saying that the 9mm doesn't have enough stopping power for home defense yet after reading around people say that I just need the correct bullets.

NT can somebody recommend me some good 9mm bullets for home defense.

Ok fellas I copped the Glock 17 9mm over the Glock 21 .45acp. My boys are saying that the 9mm doesn't have enough stopping power for home defense yet after reading around people say that I just need the correct bullets.

NT can somebody recommend me some good 9mm bullets for home defense.

Back
Top Bottom