NT's Hottest MCs in the Game

So pretty much any artist or group that drops an album and sells is hot then? 

Edit: I dont know why I'm even discussing this ****. :lol:  I like majority of all the artists being discussed right now, you on the other hand have made it VERY known that you don't care for one section of the artists being discussed so it's pointless 

I don't like the artist, that doesn't stop me from having the debate and wanting a answer to the question as to what makes someone Hot if they only reach a certain demo

If a artist drops a record and does very well sales wise, but they aren't one of the hottest. what makes someone who has a few million views on free platforms one of the hottest artist?

IMO a hot artist has to Transcend multiple barriers to be considered one of the hottest. Uzi/Yachty/21 are considered hot mostly by youth who is heavy in trap, Tribe may be considered Hot by a older demo who wants to hear lyrics and different production.

Kendrick for example is someone who's gonna have an impact in both demos, same for cole, Drake, Meek etc etc. That's the mark of an artist being truly hot in hiphop if we aren't gonna use skills to judge it.

You can't be be known strictly through Physical sales, TV promo, concerts and be one of the hottest in the game, because your clearly not touching the youth who may be more into streaming and social media.
Just like you can't be one of the hottest in hiphop if you are predominately putting out free mixtapes, trending on social media, and gettin play on college campuses but you have no album for retail, No real mainstream reach, and can't break out of the trap lane.

This works both ways is all i'm saying. If your one of the Hottest you have to be in a position to effect several different demos. having the focus on the 18-24 demographic isn't more valuable then the 25-30 demographic and vice versa. In order to really take grasp of the rap game you need to be visable by all kinds of hiphop fans.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight......

Tribe goes almost 2 decades without a project or even a single, drop an album a month ago and now they're one of the hottest in the game?

Meanwhile, a _ who literally just popped off in these last 12 months is doing multiple festivals (a few of which he's headlining), Sprite commercials with Lebron, collections with Nautica, on one of the biggest songs of the year of ANY genre, etc and he isn't?
indifferent.gif

It's like for whatever reason, you wanna make it seem like these are some underground dudes only getting played on aux cords at house parties when these ****** are EVERYWHERE. From the radio to the media to the parties, etc. Hot 97 been on YouTube 10 years and within the last 6 months Yachty and Uzi, 2 "trash" rappers not from NYC, have some of the most watched videos on their whole channel. The Yachty, Uzi, 21 Cypher is by far the biggest video on the XXL Youtube channel with 26 million views, i.e. almost 15% of the 185m total views on the WHOLE channel.

Before you say some outlandish **** like I'm "comparing youtube views with album sales", I'm not. But **** like that is definitely a good look at what people are interested in checking out these days, for whatever reason.

And I love Tribe bro. I bought two copies of the album, both, cause it was cheap and cause I wanted to support these dudes for dropping a fresh sounding project that's still true to their sound....18 years later.

Let's be real tho, if that album doesn't drop nobody is really gonna be talking about them like that. In an appreciative way for one of the GOAT hip hop groups, Yeah, but that's really it. Why would they? Up until last month they weren't dropping music. Outside of a one off Tonight Show appearance this time last year and some Yeezus tour stops (Tip's on Good Music) they haven't done shows or festivals like that in 6-7 years either. And that's not a slight at all they've already put in their work, cemented their status as legends in the game, etc but c'mon bruh

Edit: _'s downplaying social media but JuJu on the ******* Beat is currently sitting at like #5 on the Hot 100. Somebody made a viral Twitter video of them doing the dance in Sept, Within 3 weeks of that video these lil _'s was signed to APG, Knuck if you buck sample cleared, was on the top iTunes rap charts and #11 on the Hot 100 
laugh.gif
. The young music demographic doesn't even start at 18, more like 15 tbh.

Last edited:
You know that should honestly be a real question, because logic once again another guy who has better sales, big numbers on youtube, sells out tours, etc etc..... however you don't hear logic in a club & apparently his meme game isn't enough, so i guess his fanbase which is in the hundred of thousands don't matter because he lacks those two things.

It seems like this post is filled with perception vs reality, surely i see Uzi more than i see logic on social media, however logic clearly has a larger amount of people who are willing to support him & has bigger platforms to release his music. also i think Logic being white actually hampers him in this convo, but in reverse help him with sales so it's tricky.

so the better question is whether this list is accounting for who's the hottest artist in rap or who's the hottest artist in a certain niche of rap. Because as of now it's looking like the latter.

Well then like I've been saying what audience are you trying to say "counts" in these discussions...

Because if you're saying that the mainstream above 30 casual consumer is the audience that matters...

then off rip every spot after Ye and Drake is owed to Pitbull, Flo Rida, Logic, G-Easy and EDM Khaleds like Carnage

Wayne didn't have that crossover dominance until after Lollipop/C3 but did that make him not the hottest in that 06-07 period where he was killing tapes and features? Because mainstream America/the casual consumer didn't latch on yet?

How does Kendrick make the list over Gucci and Chainz?

This list is confused on what it wants to be.

It's either gonna be the best rappers or the hottest rappers.

You couldn't go many places without hearing Wop, Chainz, Uzi, Yachty, etc. this summer and afterwards but when have you heard anything from untitled unmastered in cars or at a party?

So let me get this straight......

1) Tribe goes almost 2 decades without a project or even a single, drop an album a month ago and now they're one of the hottest in the game?

2) Meanwhile, a _ who literally just popped off in these last 12 months is doing multiple festivals (a few of which he's headlining), Sprite commercials with Lebron, collections with Nautica, on one of the biggest songs of the year of ANY genre, etc and he isn't? :stoneface:

3) It's like for whatever reason, you wanna make it seem like these are some underground dudes only getting played on aux cords at house parties when these ****** are EVERYWHERE. From the radio to the media to the parties, etc. Hot 97 been on YouTube 10 years and within the last 6 months Yachty and Uzi, 2 "trash" rappers not from NYC, have some of the most watched videos on their whole channel. The Yachty, Uzi, 21 Cypher is by far the biggest video on the XXL Youtube channel with 26 million views, i.e. almost 15% of the 185m total views on the WHOLE channel.

Before you say some outlandish **** like I'm "comparing youtube views with album sales", I'm not. But **** like that is definitely a good look at what people are interested in checking out these days, for whatever reason.

And I love Tribe bro. I bought two copies of the album, both, cause it was cheap and cause I wanted to support these dudes for dropping a fresh sounding project that's still true to their sound....18 years later.

Let's be real tho, if that album doesn't drop nobody is really gonna be talking about them like that. In an appreciative way for one of the GOAT hip hop groups, Yeah, but that's really it. Why would they? Up until last month they weren't dropping music. Outside of a one off Tonight Show appearance this time last year and some Yeezus tour stops (Tip's on Good Music) they haven't done shows or festivals like that in 6-7 years either. And that's not a slight at all they've already put in their work, cemented their status as legends in the game, etc but c'mon bruh

Edit: _'s downplaying social media but JuJu on the ******* Beat is currently sitting at like #5 on the Hot 100. Somebody made a viral Twitter video of them doing the dance in Sept, Within 3 weeks of that video these lil _'s was signed to APG, Knuck if you buck sample cleared, was on the top iTunes rap charts and #11 on the Hot 100 :lol: . The young music demographic doesn't even start at 18, more like 15 tbh.

Ya'll are the biggest not comprehending ****** i've ever came across on this website, and i think there's a direct link between that & you defending these ****** so hard

1) "You can't be be known strictly through Physical sales, TV promo, concerts and be one of the hottest in the game, because your clearly not touching the youth who may be more into streaming and social media.
Just like you can't be one of the hottest in hiphop if you are predominately putting out free mixtapes, trending on social media, and gettin play on college campuses but you have no album for retail, No real mainstream reach, and can't break out of the trap lane."

2) He's one of Dozens of rappers who do festivals (BTW when i speak of festivals i'm talkin headling joints that are crowds above 10K he's not Doing that, no need to lie), he's one of Dozens of artist with endorsements deals

3) "so tribe may sell significantly better & have more TV/award show appearances because fans of Yachty/21/uzi aren't gonna buy physicals/watch TV shows ok cool i'm with that. However on the other edge of the Sword Yachty & em are gonna have a significantly bigger following on social media & clubs/parties because tribes demo isn't creating meme's or going to college parties.

at the end of the day it's a wash, because neither of these two sides are touching a Huge mainstream demographic, they;re catering to their fans and their niche i see no problem with that." BTW the only one out of that trio that had a record touch the top 20 on billboard 100 was Yachty and that was on a feature, please let's not act like these dudes are constantly on the radio.

Ya'll could type ya'll fingers til the dye runs out your dreads but them ****** ain't top 10 hottest

1) Drake
2) Kanye
3) Future
4) Kendrick
5) Cole
6) Travis Scott
7) Chance
8) Gucci
9) Kevin Gates
10) Desiigner/Quavo/Meek/2 chainz/ Thug

(sidenote if we are gonna be adding **** like meme's to how hot a rapper is then Childish Gambino should also be on this list)

Everyone listed has a strong internet following, actual record sales, several endorsements, crazy attendance at there shows, TV shows/Award performances etc etc... they have a BALANCE. The only person on this list that's even worth debating is cats at the 10 spot & if i'm going by the Barometer of the youth how can a ***** who's first song to the public goes 4X platinum, another gold single, The biggest party song of the year not named One dance and 500 Million views off of two records alone not make the list.

So once agin i didn't state Uzi/Yachty/21 weren't hot i said they aren't the hottest and that's facts. However watch the response be forget the numbers on SOCIAL MEDIA & SALES... i don't here it at the parties i'm at or in my ****** whip it's not valid, so & so doesn't have 20 million views on an interview that's clowning him he ain't hot like that :lol:

Ya'll are the biggest not comprehending ****** i've ever came across on this website, and i think there's a direct link between that & you defending these ****** so hard

1) "You can't be be known strictly through Physical sales, TV promo, concerts and be one of the hottest in the game, because your clearly not touching the youth who may be more into streaming and social media.
Just like you can't be one of the hottest in hiphop if you are predominately putting out free mixtapes, trending on social media, and gettin play on college campuses but you have no album for retail, No real mainstream reach, and can't break out of the trap lane."

2) He's one of Dozens of rappers who do festivals (BTW when i speak of festivals i'm talkin headling joints that are crowds above 10K he's not Doing that, no need to lie), he's one of Dozens of artist with endorsements deals

3) "so tribe may sell significantly better & have more TV/award show appearances because fans of Yachty/21/uzi aren't gonna buy physicals/watch TV shows ok cool i'm with that. However on the other edge of the Sword Yachty & em are gonna have a significantly bigger following on social media & clubs/parties because tribes demo isn't creating meme's or going to college parties.

at the end of the day it's a wash, because neither of these two sides are touching a Huge mainstream demographic, they;re catering to their fans and their niche i see no problem with that." BTW the only one out of that trio that had a record touch the top 20 on billboard 100 was Yachty and that was on a feature, please let's not act like these dudes are constantly on the radio.

Ya'll could type ya'll fingers til the dye runs out your dreads but them ****** ain't top 10 hottest

1) Drake
2) Kanye
3) Future
4) Kendrick
5) Cole
6) Travis Scott
7) Chance
glasses.gif
Gucci
9) Kevin Gates
10) Desiigner/Quavo/Meek/2 chainz/ Thug

(sidenote if we are gonna be adding **** like meme's to how hot a rapper is then Childish Gambino should also be on this list)

Everyone listed has a strong internet following, actual record sales, several endorsements, crazy attendance at there shows, TV shows/Award performances etc etc... they have a BALANCE. The only person on this list that's even worth debating is cats at the 10 spot & if i'm going by the Barometer of the youth how can a ***** who's first song to the public goes 4X platinum, another gold single, The biggest party song of the year not named One dance and 500 Million views off of two records alone not make the list.

So once agin i didn't state Uzi/Yachty/21 weren't hot i said they aren't the hottest and that's facts. However watch the response be forget the numbers on SOCIAL MEDIA & SALES... i don't here it at the parties i'm at or in my ****** whip it's not valid, so & so doesn't have 20 million views on an interview that's clowning him he ain't hot like that
laugh.gif
My *****

wtf are you even talking about?

My post was in direct response to
Ex: Tribe dropped this year sold excellent numbers out the gate, delivered a heralded project, had support from a lot of current day superstars and had millions of people who appreciated the album, now i beg this question are they not hot because there demo isn't dominating the 18-24 yr old market? do fans who are older and appreciate that sound more not count because they don't tweet about it as much?
If a artist drops a record and does very well sales wise, but they aren't one of the hottest. what makes someone who has a few million views on free platforms one of the hottest artist?
IMO a hot artist has to Transcend multiple barriers to be considered one of the hottest. Uzi/Yachty/21 are considered hot mostly by youth who is heavy in trap, Tribe may be considered Hot by a older demo who wants to hear lyrics and different production.
NONE of those post directed at me said ANYTHING about top 10 hottest _, they all were saying ONE of the "hottest" artist out yet you're bringing into question my reading comprehension?

So which one is it now, are you arguing Tribe one of the hottest out or are you arguing they're Top 10 hottest? or is both? Do you even know what you're arguing my _ ?

Last edited:
And for the record I'm not even the biggest Yachty fan but he def doing 10k festivals

Mala Luna fest where he dissed Soulja had 30k people and he headlining Buku Fest which had 14k last year

My *****

wtf are you even talking about?

My post was in direct response to

NONE of those post directed at me said ANYTHING about top 10 hottest _, they all were saying ONE of the "hottest" artist out yet you're bringing into question my reading comprehension?

So which one is it now, are you arguing Tribe one of the hottest out or are you arguing they're Top 10 hottest? or is both? Do you even know what you're arguing my _ ?

For the Third time

"you can't be be known strictly through Physical sales, TV promo, concerts and be one of the hottest in the game, because your clearly not touching the youth who may be more into streaming and social media.

I started the entire paragraph off like that.... nowhere am i advocating that they are one of the top 10 hottest, i'm stating that if one of those ****** you named can be considered top 10 hottest than tribe has a case too because they are both creating success based off a niche market. Clearly i don't consider those ****** near the top 10 so no i don't consider tribe in the top 10 either. It's a simple comparison to say both parties have a similar impact they're just impacting different demographics.

How hard is it to decipher.

Okay

For the 2nd time

Where the **** did I say ANY of these _'s were Top 10 hottest in the first place?

You were asking what's considered hot and speaking on _'s being "one of the hottest" out and I responded based off of that

Last edited:
If i'm speaking on one of the hottest out in a thread about the hottest Mc's in the game (Which is a 10 person list) i would assume people would put two & two together. especially where most of my post in here were based off Kendrick being placed under 21 savage on that list

Bruh what?

You acting like _'s don't stray from the topic in every thread on here

Will asked "who hotter Logic or Uzi?"

Just a GENERAL *** QUESTION asking _'s who they thought were hotter nothing to do with a top 10 list

I said Uzi hotter but Logic has a better, more loyal fanbase

YOU responded to me and asked what's considered hot, gave the Tribe example and then began speaking on _'s being "ONE of the hottest out"

Now.....I'm supposed to assume you were exclusively speaking on Top 10 hottest in the game EVEN THO the post you responded to, which was a response to a general question, had nothing to do with that??? :stoneface:

Last edited:
At the end of the day the clowns are hot to a certain point. Yes they are making noise but they're not buzzing like somebody like Kendrick. So let's move on.

They absolutely are

Kendrick will sell more because he's a bigger entity and a larger fan base but that doesn't mean he's hotter. It's a simple concept lol

But the songs that are currently in demand at the moment? Is not a kendrick song. There ain't no k dot song this year that's rivaling what uzi, 21, or what boat has done this year

These ****** managed to **** up the List more than i thought.

#HottestMcs list is based on Sales,impact,Year, raps, and what the artist mean to the culture.
— DADITO CALDERONE (@TAXSTONE) December 16, 2016

Considering this was the Criteria how do you explain this list??

what i would like to highlight is Sales was part of the convo, i'm pleasantly surprised that Spinrilla numbers weren't a high priority

I listen to like 3-4 of the people on that list.

Surprised Gucci wasn't on the list.

That girl Miranda look delicious.

That list really isn't that far off

- Drake should be #1 obviously

-Gucci should probably be on this list

-I don't think YG is one of the ten hottest rappers in the game

Other than that it's lowkey hairsplitting

Back
Top Bottom