NT's All Time NBA ReDraft Thread: GR8 Write Up Page 187, Bracket Final Vote

no one's saying only run plays just for that one shot. in spurts, why not?

because the expected value of that shot is less than a contested 3 from an average NBA shooter.

A shot like that makes sense at the end of shot clocks or as a buzzer beater. but running a play for it with a full 24 seconds isn't smart, it should be the last option.

no one's saying only run plays just for that one shot. in spurts, why not?

because the expected value of that shot is less than a contested 3 from an average NBA shooter.

A shot like that makes sense at the end of shot clocks or as a buzzer beater. but running a play for it with a full 24 seconds isn't smart, it should be the last option.
I see what you're saying. Fair enough. Although I wouldn't have an issue with running that play occasionally, I at least understand the perspective.

Connie Hawkins is tough to evaluate, two great years in the early early days of the ABA against poor competition, and a mediocre injury laden NBA career.

Agreed. Let's not forget about his stellar "rookie" season in '69 when he averaged nearly 25 points, 11 rebounds and 5 assists per game. Plus that game he had against the Lakers in the playoffs that same year. Had it not been for that scandal in college, I think we may be talking about Hawkins as a top 20 all time player.

So good. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Wish he played in the NBA earlier, had some crazy effecient years in the ABA.

Helped launch the ABA during those early years on the Pipers.

Funny enough mid range jumpers a great shot in pick up, because there are no free throws.

especially now in my old age in a game of one on one I shoot a lot of mid range jumpers. :lol:

Bruh you wouldn't get a single mid range jump shot up against me in one on one.

In fact, if we played 1 on 1 I would sacrifice my ability to take 2 point shots, and I could still score twice as much as you with only mid range 1 pointers

This is a pointless conversation but I'm pretty good, and 6'3 so I dunno unless you are way taller than me I can't imagine getting myself smoked by any other amateur player. :lol:

*shrugs*

I'm 6'3 too bruh, you ain't special.

Nice try though getting ready to use height analytics on me.

Sorry but our inch to inch ruler efficiency % matches.

The rest is up to your jump shot.

Nah RCK is strength.
I work out for finesse.

I'm the drive and dish guy.
RCK is the bull dozer offensive foul guy.
And I'm The Don
smokin.gif

The PG every team needs.
but are you better than @Buc Em  ?

Back
Top Bottom