NT what Headphones you rock?

Yea in ear rubber tips would always fall out of my ears until I discovered foam tips a few months ago, now I'm good money.
Didn't cop comply though, another brand so can't help on a specific one from Comply.

what do you guys think of the power beats for gym usage? Do they really stay in your ears and not fall out at all? i can get them via bestbuy employee discount for a little under $90 after tax. So I'm contemplating buying the power beats or the tours, maybe even both.

Don't.
I tried on my cousins once and things we're god awful!
Sound was terrible.
My sony Piiq's I paid like 25 bucks for some years ago sound way better for gym use and stay in my ear better.
Now on amazon like 10 bucks

What would you recommend, Active, Isolation, Comfort, Isolation Plus, or Comfort Plus?  I'm really just looking for something that will stay in and allow me to hear the bass...

To be honest, i bought all of them for my atrio's :lol:

It's gonna fall down what fits snug in your ear canal. If you can stomach the cost, buy one of each

These worked best for me http://www.complyfoam.com/products/tx-100/

Last edited:
What would you recommend, Active, Isolation, Comfort, Isolation Plus, or Comfort Plus?  I'm really just looking for something that will stay in and allow me to hear the bass...

To be honest, i bought all of them for my atrio's :lol:

It's gonna fall down what fits snug in your ear canal. If you can stomach the cost, buy one of each

This dude mondaynightraw is the one who put me onto the foam tips because the ones that came with my ultimate ears hi fi was hurting my ear canal after long periods of use :pimp: good looks.

To the question I would probably go with the comforts if I was you because they're a little fatter and has more foam so they will mold to you ear canal and keep the ear buds in and not fall out like what youre' currently experiencing.

I would go with the comfort ones the more ball looking sphere ones.

I too also bought almost all of the different types for both my shures and ultimate ears.

Get them in black too because I bought colors before thinking I was hot **** and they get dirty and look nasty after some time.

I know some said to clean them with peroxide after every week or some, but it's only so much that can do.

This dude mondaynightraw is the one who put me onto the foam tips because the ones that came with my ultimate ears hi fi was hurting my ear canal after long periods of use :pimp: good looks.

To the question I would probably go with the comforts if I was you because they're a little fatter and has more foam so they will mold to you ear canal and keep the ear buds in and not fall out like what youre' currently experiencing.

I too also bought almost all of the different types for both my shures and ultimate ears.

Get them in black too because I bought colors before thinking I was hot **** and they get dirty and look nasty after some time.

I know some said to clean them with peroxide after every week or some, but it's only so much that can do.

I dip mine in peroxide every week

Seems to do the job. 6 months in, haven't replaced them.

Stash :lol:

To be honest, i bought all of them for my atrio's
laugh.gif

I might just stick with mine current ones
laugh.gif
.  Thanks for the heads up though.

EDIT:
This dude mondaynightraw is the one who put me onto the foam tips because the ones that came with my ultimate ears hi fi was hurting my ear canal after long periods of use
pimp.gif
good looks.

Alright, I might pick up the comforts then.  I have some foam tips from Monster, but the bass isn't as clear with them, so I switched back to rubber...

Last edited:
I use Beats MIXR in the House.. These Honestly are the Best out of the Beats Line.. In otherwords they are actually Good..
For Ear Buds I use Munitio Nines

what do you guys think of the power beats for gym usage? Do they really stay in your ears and not fall out at all? i can get them via bestbuy employee discount for a little under $90 after tax. So I'm contemplating buying the power beats or the tours, maybe even both.

Don't.
I tried on my cousins once and things we're god awful!
Sound was terrible.
My sony Piiq's I paid like 25 bucks for some years ago sound way better for gym use and stay in my ear better.
Now on amazon like 10 bucks

I completely agree with memphisboi55. I got the power beats when they first released and they were awful. I swicthed to the bose in-ear a week later. When I had the powerbeats I could not for the life of me get them to keep still in my ear. And when I did, every step it would loosing up when walking.

How are most of you guys using the Audio Technica- M50 without a headphone amplifier? I've read they're not so great, if they can't be powered properly.

How are most of you guys using the Audio Technica- M50 without a headphone amplifier? I've read they're not so great, if they can't be powered properly.

Agreed, I don't have M50's but I got a pair of ESW9A's and they need an amp no question.

Its my understanding with the m50s while it benefits from an amp its not necessary.

Wade how do you like the Mjolnir?

Last edited:
Agreed, I don't have M50's but I got a pair of ESW9A's and they need an amp no question.

Yeah, two of my friends own M50's and I tried them on using my iPhone that had v0 audio quality and also Apple lossless. I wasn't blown away by them. I'm thinking if I used a Fiio amp, they'd sound much much better. Or at least if I used them with a HiFiman player.

Its my understanding with the m50s while it benefits from an amp its not necessary.

But it really is, bro :lol:

I've tried them on without the amp and they were no better than my Turbines or the Sony V700's :lol:

Yeah, two of my friends own M50's and I tried them on using my iPhone that had v0 audio quality and also Apple lossless. I wasn't blown away by them. I'm thinking if I used a Fiio amp, they'd sound much much better. Or at least if I used them with a HiFiman player.
But it really is, bro :lol:

I've tried them on without the amp and they were no better than my Turbines or the Sony V700's :lol:

You may be right, I haven't heard any of those so I wouldn't know.

my fiio e11 crapped out so i'm stuck without an amp..

the m50's sound just fine without them in my opinion, the amp does help them a lot though.

i also have a pa2v2 amp but i rarely use it anymore, not really sure why.

How do you guys manage to carry both the music player and amp? I usually listen to music when I walk to work, so, I just put the iPhone in my suit breast/ticket pocket and let the amp hang out. I've been meaning to get the line-out dock, but I'm not sure if I'll really notice a difference.

Anyone have any experience using the line-out dock?

How do you guys manage to carry both the music player and amp? I usually listen to music when I walk to work, so, I just put the iPhone in my suit breast/ticket pocket and let the amp hang out. I've been meaning to get the line-out dock, but I'm not sure if I'll really notice a difference.

Anyone have any experience using the line-out dock?
934dbeccf97a11e1b13b22000a1e9e60_7.jpg
'

ig pic..

the best part about the LOD is that it bypasses the iPod's amp and lets you fully control the volume with the HP amp.

These are the best IEM's I've owned. Well worth the price. I'd put them over the Shure 530's by a smidge.

Westone 4R's :pimp:

Yeah I bought some M50's after reading reviews praising how they we're the best thing since sliced bread.
Got them and was utterly disappointed. Sounded so basic and the bass was non-existent. leather cups was squeaky as hell, every little head movement, heavy cord and big metal input jack.
Sold them soon as I could.

Back
Top Bottom