NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

There is a good Oktoberfest near me second to last weekend this month i might hit up. Has the German beers of course and pretty much all other crafts from many Seattle and Portland breweries. Price for 12-4oz tastes is a decent deal. Went last year and someone gave me 5 extra tokens so was pretty lit afterwards lol.

1DD24593-A5EC-4036-96ED-21E3DE840AAD.jpeg
Vacationing in the PNW this past week. Was able to hit up Great Notion in Portland. Solid beers all around. Hazy IPAs are run of the mill, pastry stouts were great. Sours is where they shined. Just another reminder that there’s no need to seek out beers from all these breweries that are considered great as most of your smaller local ones have probably caught up
Great Notion Creamsicle was my favorite beer I drank last year :shrugs:

Point being....

Their IPAs tasted like every other NE IPA I’ve had locally. But it’s rating on Untappd gets inflated due to scarcity of the style in the PNW.

Stouts were good but wasn’t anything outstanding. Sours were excellent. The blueberry one with maple syrup was good. Could taste all the adjuncts without being overly sweet

Just checked chase. Exact amount was $56.95.
Less than I remembered, but still expensive for just 12 beers.

Not a big fan of pumpkin beers but I’ll make an exception for a couple or a few at most like Punkuccino and Selin’s Grove Brewing Pumpkin Ale

Found out about this and I was intrigued enough to grab some

FA31F284-5E5C-47D8-A12E-9E2F2C785E10.jpeg
How is it? Breski's in Harrisburg got some. Glad they switched to cans since those bottles are absurd to finish at the ABV. Cool that they added Nitro to it as well.

DFH Punkin Ale might be my favorite pumpkin beer. Same with Elysian Night Owl.

Haven’t tried it yet
How is it? Breski's in Harrisburg got some. Glad they switched to cans since those bottles are absurd to finish at the ABV. Cool that they added Nitro to it as well.

DFH Punkin Ale might be my favorite pumpkin beer. Same with Elysian Night Owl.
haven’t tried it yet

nitro will work well with it

Selin’s Grove pumpkin ale is poured on nitro and it’s always been very popular...maybe the best pumpkin beer I’ve had

F274FFEF-EDA0-4C1D-9391-1DA123674FBE.png

Think I found my new spot. This not terribly far from me but way easier to get to than Brooklyn. They get shipments directly from Other Half since one of the owners is from DC and there's been rumors of them trying to expand into the DMV area

Nice

I got a buddy I trade with who was at OH this past Saturday and got a sixtel

EE8F7BD7-906A-4114-BDF3-9EDA440332C8.jpeg
5554245B-EFE6-4F68-80F7-551F8B7907DA.jpeg

The most famous/popular example of a nitro beer is Guinness. Tiny bubbles, different from regular co2. It adds a different type of mouthfeel. Regular beer is 100% co2. It adds the carbonation and prickly mouthfeel we know and love. Nitrogen infused beers use a beer gas mixture. I want to say it’s 75% nitrogen/ 25% co2. They are trying to emulate the old cask ale flavor profiles. Cask ales sit at room temp and naturally carbonate (if at all). Most say they’re softer.

I personally always found nitro beers to taste flat. It may initially feel creamier and such. But that flavor drops fast.

af1 1982 af1 1982 ,how do you go about deciding what to buy and try? Are a lot of those super fresh? I sure don’t miss those price points. Are they doing this through legal means? Mules buying for stores is iffy as hell. They don’t mess around here with liquor laws.

I’m at day 47 fellas. No beer. I’ve gotten to the point to where I find the smell of beer unpleasant. Not sure how far this will go. Down nearly 25 lbs.

The most famous/popular example of a nitro beer is Guinness. Tiny bubbles, different from regular co2. It adds a different type of mouthfeel. Regular beer is 100% co2. It adds the carbonation and prickly mouthfeel we know and love. Nitrogen infused beers use a beer gas mixture. I want to say it’s 75% nitrogen/ 25% co2. They are trying to emulate the old cask ale flavor profiles. Cask ales sit at room temp and naturally carbonate (if at all). Most say they’re softer.

I personally always found nitro beers to taste flat. It may initially feel creamier and such. But that flavor drops fast.

af1 1982 af1 1982 ,how do you go about deciding what to buy and try? Are a lot of those super fresh? I sure don’t miss those price points. Are they doing this through legal means? Mules buying for stores is iffy as hell. They don’t mess around here with liquor laws.

I’m at day 47 fellas. No beer. I’ve gotten to the point to where I find the smell of beer unpleasant. Not sure how far this will go. Down nearly 25 lbs.
It’s definitely legal. Other half is actually driving it themselves to the spot. In terms of IPAs, I mainly go by hops and I’ve had enough Other Half beers to know what I like and don’t. My preferences lie with single hop IPAs (Galaxy being my favorite) do I pretty much look at the hop profile and choose. It’s definitely fresh considering it looks like they do deliveries once a week and one of the owners is from the area

Back
Top Bottom