NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Just bought some saranac pumpkin and bluepoint pumpkin, hacker pschorr Oktoberfest, and warsteiner Oktoberfest, best season for beer right now!

can anyone find Southern Tier Choklat, founders CBS or Dogfish head 120?? I have been wanting to try them, but since I am in CA i cant find it anywhere...  I am located in Northern CA, if anyone knows any places that sell it in CA can you please tell me where. also if anyone else finds it can you pick it up I will send u money via Paypal.

can anyone find Southern Tier Choklat, founders CBS or Dogfish head 120?? I have been wanting to try them, but since I am in CA i cant find it anywhere...  I am located in Northern CA, if anyone knows any places that sell it in CA can you please tell me where. also if anyone else finds it can you pick it up I will send u money via Paypal.

I can get you founders CBS, if you can get me a some Russian River. :nerd: :nerd:

Feel free to PM me!

Trying this tonight.

Birthday is tomorrow... Got some Harpoon Oktoberfest... Wanted to give them a try... My store has SIerra Nevada Summerfest for 7.99 a 12 pk and Goose Island Summer Ale for 15.50 a case.... Completely out of season but I love Summerfest and decided to grab 3 12 packs.

How do you guys feel about Double Bag? Crushed one for the Ravens/Pats game. Couple can put you straight to bed with the high ABV.

Went in to Bevmo the other day and there was a Deschutes Rep. sampling six of their beers. Man, were they good. Told her I had only tried their Black Butte Porter, mainly because of availability and so it seems they're going to make their beers more readily available in So. Cal in the near future. 

Went in to Bevmo the other day and there was a Deschutes Rep. sampling six of their beers. Man, were they good. Told her I had only tried their Black Butte Porter, mainly because of availability and so it seems they're going to make their beers more readily available in So. Cal in the near future. 

:pimp:

I've never had a problem with picking up Deschutes beers here in SoCal (I'm in the South Bay, btw). Bevmo or Total Wine.
Plus The Yard House usually has them on tap..

Had Sam Adams Octoberfest while watching the UFC on Saturday. Very good.
Also picked this up.

BeerAdvocate killed this beer. Me and everyone else there that night thought it was excellent as far as pumpkin beers go.

-J-

If you get Ska Brewing beers in your area, keep an eye out for their new Autumnal Mole Stout. It's the first in their new "Seasonal Stouts" series where they actually release a seasonal beer when it's the actual season, aka on the equinox.

This first one is a milk stout with cinnamon, chile peppers and chocolate. It's kinda similar to New Belgium's Cocoa Mole. And it's in cans. Good stuff.

Supposedly the winter release will be a mint chocolate stout and summer will be an orange cream stout. I can't remember what the spring one is rumored to be.

Finally got to try Pliny the Elder, and it was wonderful.

Also just picked up some Goose Island BCBS. :smokin

If you get Ska Brewing beers in your area, keep an eye out for their new Autumnal Mole Stout. It's the first in their new "Seasonal Stouts" series where they actually release a seasonal beer when it's the actual season, aka on the equinox.
This first one is a milk stout with cinnamon, chile peppers and chocolate. It's kinda similar to New Belgium's Cocoa Mole. And it's in cans. Good stuff.
Supposedly the winter release will be a mint chocolate stout and summer will be an orange cream stout. I can't remember what the spring one is rumored to be.

Thanks for posting this. I picked up a six pack this past weekend.. It's definitely different. But I am a big fan now.. The aftertaste 'burn'/ kick from the peppers is something else. Then you have the layers of nutmeg, chocolate malt, and cinnamon, and its just quite a treat..

To compare, I also picked up a Skaa Steel Toe Milk Stout... This one is straight to the chocolate and stout like flavors without the extra ingrident sprices.

I think I'm on a stout kick at the moment... That and octoberfest beers.. My god, those things are delicious.

I once again realized that I had 3 types of octoberfest beers stocked up, and what better way to taste them, than to have them all at once, comparing and contrasting.

Santa Fe brewing Oktoberfest
Sam Adams Octoberfest
Left Hand Octoberfest

I don't think I have the order correct here. But one is unlike the others... Taste wise, Sam Adams was the strongest with whatever main spice/ingriedent that makes up an octoberfest beer. The others were a bit more subtle and BETTER from what I remember.. All were drinkable, and I'd purchase either one again. The Santa Fe one is probably my favorite. Pushing in at 6% abv, with similar taste as the other 5%ers, I get more bang for my buck with great taste all around.
-----------

Onto the home brewing front, Some dogfish head 60 minute ipa clone just got finished up.. It will take weeks to clear out to amazing quality. This one is sitting at 3 days after being thrown into the fridge for carbonation.. I will take more photos as it clears week by week.

We also brewed up a blonde ale once again. This one has been brewed by us for the 4th or 5th time. It is something special.

We also went with a pitch black double chocolate brown ale that should be ready this weekend, and also an experimental batch that may end up more like a sour/champagne. We brewed a normal patch with just basic 2 row malt, and during cooling, we threw in some grape juice.. It is similar to a recipe called Midas Touch online.. The readings showed that it may be a bit on the dry side, and the taste showed that as well.. I'll post photos as they get drinkable

Back
Top Bottom