eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

1000th brew post! Stay thirsty my friends
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
nerd.gif
eek.gif
 So uhh... dude, how was it? I would buy it just to have the bottle on display. Somebody a while back had shelves in their kitchen and had bottles lining the tops. Ive started to do so and it is starting to look pretty sick. Ive made quite a few purchases. Glad to see people posting in here again. 

^what did you get banned for anyways? lmao

33170.jpg

espresso stout seem hard to screw up. yet to have a bad one

^what did you get banned for anyways? lmao

33170.jpg

espresso stout seem hard to screw up. yet to have a bad one

Sorry for the ninja sized pic. One of the best Amers I've ever had. And special shouts to NT for that free Bacardi Oakheart mug!!! 
pimp.gif

Loval brewery, got this as a gift from a friend. Pretty good!

Sorry for the ninja sized pic. One of the best Amers I've ever had. And special shouts to NT for that free Bacardi Oakheart mug!!! 
pimp.gif

Loval brewery, got this as a gift from a friend. Pretty good!

MNF and at home beer - Blue Moon, Blue Moon variety packs. 'Bout to get into a few right now.

At a bar - Manny's (Seattle brewed beer
pimp.gif
)

Liquor - E & J and Coke, or Coke and rum.

MNF and at home beer - Blue Moon, Blue Moon variety packs. 'Bout to get into a few right now.

At a bar - Manny's (Seattle brewed beer
pimp.gif
)

Liquor - E & J and Coke, or Coke and rum.

was never a beer drinker and always just had hard lac. now i guess i found the taste of beer and love me some winter loger. too bad its seasonal.

was never a beer drinker and always just had hard lac. now i guess i found the taste of beer and love me some winter loger. too bad its seasonal.

I am mightily intrigued by that rogue. I really want one now, don't even care if it sucks...but I must try it.

As of recent. Something worth noting:

Weihenstphan: World's oldest brewery, and picked it up at Nugget Market by my house which conveniently posts BA ratings for anything they have thats 90 pts and up (which is a lot of cot damn beers).
weihenstephaner-hefe-weissbier.jpg

I think in terms of price-point, this beer takes the cake for me. Taste almost identical to La Fin Du Monde....cost 1/2 or 1/3 the price (depends on where you go. Trader Joe's has LFDM the cheapest as far as I've seen: $7.49) It's got that initial bite, and smooths out with some very fruity notes, I smell apricot the most. This is a world class hefe.

Another one that I've trade and that is on BA's top 25 of all time: Trappist Rochefort 10
trappistes-rochefort-10.jpg

This I did not like. Not one bit. It had a very dark and sort of bold flavor. Too bold imo. You can taste the alcohol, it is very apparent. I didn't have a snifter, I drank it out of the bottle....maybe that was a mistake but I don't think the difference would've been 180.

I am mightily intrigued by that rogue. I really want one now, don't even care if it sucks...but I must try it.

As of recent. Something worth noting:

Weihenstphan: World's oldest brewery, and picked it up at Nugget Market by my house which conveniently posts BA ratings for anything they have thats 90 pts and up (which is a lot of cot damn beers).
weihenstephaner-hefe-weissbier.jpg

I think in terms of price-point, this beer takes the cake for me. Taste almost identical to La Fin Du Monde....cost 1/2 or 1/3 the price (depends on where you go. Trader Joe's has LFDM the cheapest as far as I've seen: $7.49) It's got that initial bite, and smooths out with some very fruity notes, I smell apricot the most. This is a world class hefe.

Another one that I've trade and that is on BA's top 25 of all time: Trappist Rochefort 10

This I did not like. Not one bit. It had a very dark and sort of bold flavor. Too bold imo. You can taste the alcohol, it is very apparent. I didn't have a snifter, I drank it out of the bottle....maybe that was a mistake but I don't think the difference would've been 180.

^weihenstephaner STAYS stocked up in my fridge

i went to germany for a festival and they had it on tap everywhere. i almost came

^weihenstephaner STAYS stocked up in my fridge

i went to germany for a festival and they had it on tap everywhere. i almost came

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

don't need a snifter.  any cup would do.  you definitely need to aerate the beer with a pour and take a big whiff of it before drinking.  it's a shame you didn't like it, but you should give it another go.  maybe try the 8 since you didn't like the amount of alcohol in it.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

don't need a snifter.  any cup would do.  you definitely need to aerate the beer with a pour and take a big whiff of it before drinking.  it's a shame you didn't like it, but you should give it another go.  maybe try the 8 since you didn't like the amount of alcohol in it.

Yep beer reviews can be hit or miss. I picked up ommegang abbey ale, which has a 92/100 rating and thought it was just flat out terrible. I've had some sours and cidars (and I dislike those) and ordered those by mistake and was able to properly finish off those. But the abbey ale was absolutely terrible. I had it back before I was really into beers but even so, I don't believe my tastes have changed that much.

With so many choices out there, it is simply too hard to take a review strictly at its word and NOT try it. I would have to say, find a place that lets you build your own six packs.
-----------

Guys, if you drink enough and love variety, you gotta get into home brewing. It is essential. I am down to $0.50 cent/pints, and my bar tabs are non existent now.. It's just mind boggling.

From last year:
8d13544e4ae479c145bd186e34746e10ee19e88_r.jpg

Honey Wheat on left, middle is an amber, brown on the right..

b3d25c54bc7104491913368f7a53760d2f2c5a2_r.jpg

This was batch #2 or 3. We didn't add any products or ingredients for clarity. If we did, it may have gotten even clearer.
-------

This year we have a 4.5% honey blonde, a 5.4% amber , and what is still fermenting and doing its thing, a 7.0% brown ale. Almost to an imperial level.

We haven't gotten too technical, and you definitely can feel overwhelmed. So for now, it's strictly for fun as a lower level hobby

Yep beer reviews can be hit or miss. I picked up ommegang abbey ale, which has a 92/100 rating and thought it was just flat out terrible. I've had some sours and cidars (and I dislike those) and ordered those by mistake and was able to properly finish off those. But the abbey ale was absolutely terrible. I had it back before I was really into beers but even so, I don't believe my tastes have changed that much.

With so many choices out there, it is simply too hard to take a review strictly at its word and NOT try it. I would have to say, find a place that lets you build your own six packs.
-----------

Guys, if you drink enough and love variety, you gotta get into home brewing. It is essential. I am down to $0.50 cent/pints, and my bar tabs are non existent now.. It's just mind boggling.

From last year:
8d13544e4ae479c145bd186e34746e10ee19e88_r.jpg

Honey Wheat on left, middle is an amber, brown on the right..

b3d25c54bc7104491913368f7a53760d2f2c5a2_r.jpg

This was batch #2 or 3. We didn't add any products or ingredients for clarity. If we did, it may have gotten even clearer.
-------

This year we have a 4.5% honey blonde, a 5.4% amber , and what is still fermenting and doing its thing, a 7.0% brown ale. Almost to an imperial level.

We haven't gotten too technical, and you definitely can feel overwhelmed. So for now, it's strictly for fun as a lower level hobby

Back
Top Bottom