NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

gonna add some short reviews later

Last edited:
Jesus, your poor liver.

Any of yall New Yawkers got suggestions for spots to check out around Ronkonkoma/Bohemia? Work might be sending me out there.

Last edited:
Jesus, your poor liver.

Any of yall New Yawkers got suggestions for spots to check out around Ronkonkoma/Bohemia? Work might be sending me out there.
You came to the right place. I'm about 5-10 minutes from the Ronkonkoma/Bohemia area.

Ronkonkoma and Bohemia are generally pretty industrial areas that don't have much to offer. Spider Bite Brewing is in the industrial area of Bohemia and offers mostly middle of the road beers. Their Russian Imperial Stout is pretty good though. Lake Ronkonkoma Beverage has a decent selection and often has local cans (Other Half, LIC, Interboro, Greenpoint, etc.) at exorbitant prices if money isn't an issue.

Now onto the legit spots:

Patchogue (5-10 minute drive): Hoptron Brewtique (great tap list and bottles. Owned by really cool people that care a lot about beer. Also has board games and other stuff to do.). Patchogue in general is a great town for restaurants and bars.

Smithtown (5-10 minute drive): Tap and Barrel (52 taps, many of which are hard to get beers [Hill Farmstead, Tired Hands, Grimm, Other Half, etc.]. Cool atmosphere, arcade games/darts, and it's in a shopping center with a 24-hour bagel spot)

Northport (~20-30 minute drive): Sand City (obviously a bit further out of the way, but worth the drive. They do periodic can releases and have amazing IPAs. Growler fills are also very reasonably priced.)

PM me if you want to know anything else.

Last edited:
My man :pimp:

Yea I'll probably fly into ISP via Southwest so I can check in some cans/growlers for free. Car rental prices at ISP is disgusting though and work probably won't cover it since I'll be shuttled to/from one of the airport hotels for work related stuff. I need to figure out some options and hit you up if I need any help.

Last edited:
Don't really mess with beer like that anymore for my health (for now), but anyone looking for Teku glasses Haw River ales has some at decent prices.

Anybody pick up Born Again Yesterday yet?
Oh wee, it is excellent. This would be a beer I would have in my fridge at all times if they made it year round.
Only 12 packs available. Might need to pick up a few more.
Just as good as Born Yesterday.

I thought I was doing it big...making a black & tan with two of my favorite beers from the past year. Waldo x Westified. What could go wrong? Everything apparently. I guess the abv% in the Westified was too high and so things just kinda mixed. See pic below. I was sad.

The high west over powers the Waldo but waldos flavors adds a nice distinction to highlight the coffee and chocolate flavors in the high west

I'm convinced masterplanman masterplanman is a degenerate drunkard who uses craft beer as a guise for his alcohol problems

If there is any difference between degenerate and drunkard, I would like to think of myself as an honest drunkard

Yo that sounds disgusting.

If you are going to the other half release this Saturday I have some extra magnetic tape

Last edited:
A black and tan with a TIPA?
No thanks..
It didn't work because of the densities of the beers.
I'm almost positive Black and Tans work because typically one beer is on nitro.

Had this tonight. Absolutely delicious. I was hearing people saying it was too hot and needed time. It was perfectly fine and will be stellar in a year or two.

Yo that sounds disgusting.
If you are going to the other half release this Saturday I have some extra magnetic tape
Gonna be sitting this one out.  Bringing my car to the dealership to get some routine maintenance done Saturday morning.  DDH Cabbage sounds good, but I'm loaded up on beer as is.
What does it mean exactly when a beer is hot?
Boozy.  When you feel the alcohol giving you that "warming sensation" in your stomach and throat.  

^I kind of like the lactose beers as a change of pace but I will say I carefully poured a dream in green and most of the lactose seems to stay on the bottom, tasted better without the lactose backing

Back
Top Bottom