NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

The weather lately has made 7-8% ipas not too appetizing. I've been on a true pilsner/lager binge lately.

Early week haul for the holiday weekend ahead
qw00

I went through those Avery Lili passion fruit wit beers very fast. After my 4th, I started to not like the passion fruit flavor so much. That one needs to be drank in moderation.

Just thinking of ipas, I haven't had a fruit bomb in months. I don't seem to miss it. These 1 off or one chance brews are not cutting it for me anymore.

Cford,I have a question. Have you ever dealt with draft boxes/jockey boxes? I'll be out in the VT area in a month or so and they want me in charge of beer. 100 person event. I know what I'm capable of on a home city front but it's all new territory when traveling. Also about OH. How far in advance do they release info about their releases? I may have one weekend to do that. But it's s vacation so really, waiting in line or truck chasing may be out in regards to HT and such

My first farmhouse ale, I quite enjoy it. Kinda reminds me of the tripel style.

Tank 7 is an absolute gem. I've never had one that hasn't been sheer perfection. And that's not just my Kansas City pride talking.

If you like that, seek out a bottle of Boulevard's Saison-Brett. It's an amped-up take on the Tank 7 recipe dosed with Brettanomyces. So funky, so effervescent, so damned good.

Tonight's brews, Sound Czech Pilsner from Terrapin,really enjoyed this as I do most pilsners. Oarmans Ale from Bells....Something off about this one.Bartender said the tap was almost dry so maybe that explains it but this one had an aftertaste I can't even describe.First time I've ever been disappointed by something from Bells.

Did you guys see that starting this week (I think) Trillium is switching its hop forward beers from bottles to 16oz cans?

So pumped for it!
happy.gif

Tank 7 is an absolute gem. I've never had one that hasn't been sheer perfection. And that's not just my Kansas City pride talking.

If you like that, seek out a bottle of Boulevard's Saison-Brett. It's an amped-up take on the Tank 7 recipe dosed with Brettanomyces. So funky, so effervescent, so damned good.

No doubt, It was everything I heard about it. I'll be on the look out for saison-brett.

Let's get it.

Last edited:
Guna head to Boston this summer, any of guys got recommendation on what to check out? I do want to do a Sam Tour, tho I'm not really a huge fan of theirs but it's boston so why not see it.

Double Jack is great. Just make sure it's fresh. FW stuff has the tendency to sit, especially at smaller bottle shops. My local liquor store had a sixer of DBA bottled 2/01/16 right next to a sixer bottled on 4/12/16.

I read a great article about the different sub types of Ofest beers but now I can't find it. Still one of my favorite styles.

found this little gem at Whole Foods, it's freakin awesome and for $7.49 :pimp:

(not my pic)

I have one in the fridge waiting to try. I saw some today for $7.77...May snag a couple more if I like it.

Some real good sours. Almanac was a sleeper for me apparently.

If anyone goes to OC MD, be sure to stop at Burley Oak in Berlin...about 10 miles away from southern OC

Went there today and here's the aftermath:

They had six sours on tap, I believe...don't think that's typical though, as they just had a sour fest recently

Another successful Other Half can run in the books.  Gotta start with the most interesting beer first:

Collab with Tired Hands and Omnipollo.  Multigrain IPA (wheat, spelt, oats) hopped with simcoe and mosaic with mango and white chocolate added.  Hard not to be skeptical about this one going into it, but it's seriously awesome.  The simcoe and mosaic work incredibly well with the mango.  The white chocolate is there, but only on the back-end to give it a subtle creamy vanilla note.  Really glad to have these cans for 4th of July weekend.

Cheers, NT. 
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom