NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Kind of related so I thought I'd post here. Any of you guys use edc bottle openers? I currently have a thick beer defender and now I want to pick up a stainless steal or titanium koch solo 2. I have had zero luck finding one except for Instagram. Don't know if I'd trust buying it from a stranger at double the price.

These are the openers I was referring to. Maybe I'll make an every day carry thread.

Last edited:
Kind of related so I thought I'd post here. Any of you guys use edc bottle openers? I currently have a thick beer defender and now I want to pick up a stainless steal or titanium koch solo 2. I have had zero luck finding one except for Instagram. Don't know if I'd trust buying it from a stranger at double the price.

These are the openers I was referring to. Maybe I'll make an every day carry thread.

I just rock these joints that they give away at random events

aluminum-bottle-opener-l.jpg

:\

I think there's an EDC thread that was made years ago. Might not be a bad idea to start a new one.

I was really disappointed with this lager, The Raven Special Lager. It's brewed here in Bmore by Peabody Heights Brewery. It had a little too much bite, too acidic. I think I'm done with smaller breweries. The only one I've liked so far is Jack Abby's Leisure Time Lager.

^I think I like Mission's Hard Root Beer a bit more...a little less sweet and has a higher ABV. :smokin

hey, what beer would you recommend for someone that doesn't like that weird beer taste, i always hear "you just haven't found the right one yet"... but i'd go broke trying to find that ONE, so can ya'll help me out?

Go get some wine coolers or just man up untill your taste is acquired. Stick to one beer for a week.

You prefer light, dark? Strong weak?

Go get some wine coolers or just man up untill your taste is acquired. Stick to one beer for a week.

You prefer light, dark? Strong weak?
lmmfao, i hate wine coolers, i usually drink ketel one & pineapple, cranberry, or tea or bulleit bourbon & vanilla coke.. i don't know what kind of beer i prefer, i've tried fat tire, sam adams oatmeal stout, & damn near all the domestic types, i live in a city built on beer & grew up catholic, so it's in my soul to find one that i like, i just don't know what to try next?

Not your fathers RB just hit my area. Picked up a sixer. The beer tastes nothing like beer. It's deceiving. Not sure how I feel about it right now. It's very sweet for 6% though. Artificial sweeteners and flavors definitely added.

antisocialite, You shouldn't go broke finding the right beer if you can find a place that sells singles. I see around my way places like grocery stores now have singles, or mix a six for a certain price.

I would start with the likes of Blue Moon. Then move onto hefeweizens. Look for Weihenstephaner Hefe. What you hate, are you describing the hops and the bitterness? Did someone give you a IPA and you just havent seen beer in the same light? I would even look at witbiers, such as HoeGaarden. Do you like the taste of the macro stuff? Bud lights and what not? You can ramp/amp it up a notch with craft pilsners. Fat Tire is an approachable gateway amber. One I would describe as a bit average and par for the course as far as flavors. If you don't like what that has to offer. You may need to look at the many other styles out there

Stouts tend to have chocolately and roasty character. A Milk Stout would have similar, but more of a sweet creamy subdued flavor.. Do you like coffee? Many stouts are coffee infused stouts now.

The best craft breweries out there use fruits in their beers too. Founders has a raspberry beer. 21st Ammendment has one with watermelon. Not sure where you are located. But you may just need to head to a brewery, get a flight of every beer the place serves (sample sized glasses usually) and expand your horizons

Last edited:
^ Agreed. Not Your Father's RB is too sweet. I just barely finished a bottle.

Reminds me why I haven't drank soda in years. Actually have a headache right now.

laugh.gif

I also agree that NYFRB is too sweet. Luckily I was able to buy a single bottle.

Had these the last few days :smokin

Stopped at Joe Canal's in West Deptford, NJ on the way to the shore

Here's my haul:

Just a bit outside of Philly...good prices and selection

They have a growler fill station to which they update pretty regularly on Facebook

Really wanted Carton Brewing but didn't exp them to have it in stock

Semi-off topic: Just got back from Utah. Their alcohol laws are so damb weird :lol:

And everything tastes watered down. My friend said one IPA in particular tasted like Perrier. I couldn't disagree.

Semi-off topic: Just got back from Utah. Their alcohol laws are so damb weird :lol:

And everything tastes watered down. My friend said one IPA in particular tasted like Perrier. I couldn't disagree.

I was down there last November. You can still get great beer out there just not on tap. Epic has a tap less tasting room. Wasatch and squatters had great beer as well. Wasatch had a jalapeño cream ale on tap I really enjoyed.

Back
Top Bottom