NT Official Dark Knight Question Thread

Originally Posted by Fiasco23

why u think batman hesitated when he saw Harvey there

exactly
but what i dont get is why harvey never tried to come back on the joker. i get the point of the joker "playin" harvey and all that, but the jokertells harvey he did it when he says "look at what i did with a couple of barrells of gasoline."(or sommethin like that) so why not come back on himlike he did the other three people involved

^you don't remember the scene in the hospital where dent had a gun pointed right at joker's head? dent flipped his coin and joker got lucky.

oh yea
embarassed.gif

In the opening sequence, who kills the clown that is breaking into the safe? You just see him shot in the back. I know it's supposed to be the joker, andI'm sure it is, but at that time the Joker is crouching behind the counter because the bank manager is shooting at them.

Or is it just an electric shock from the safe? It could look/sound like one.

^he got shocked by electricity. you can see the same guy get up and use his shoes as gloves.

Originally Posted by Bballkingsrule

This might be a stupid question, but why didn't Batman get some cops or Swat Team to save Rachael or Dent while Batman himself saves the other? I dont get that........
laugh.gif

Gordon, Ramirez and someone else go. Did you not see where the building blows up with Rachel inside and Gordon tries to go but Ramirez holds him back?

This might be stupid but when the Scarecrow attempted to escape in the white van and Batman jumped on top of it....why did the van come to a complete stop??

Yea maybe I am. Another question that again might be stupid. But why did Batman have to do that whole shooting experiment with the bricks.....couldn't hejust get the finger print off the one block of cement he had?

I did not the joker was driving the police car, when he escaped from the jail. I always thought someone else was driving, I liked that part though it got allquiet. Its crazy how one guy had everyone scared, I would be too though he was one scary scary guy. I wonder if its people like that for real.

^Tell me about it, I'm waiting on someone to answer that brick scene as well. I've watched that scene a dozen times and still don't understand whatis going on. Like I know he scanned the bullet hole and found a finger print and that led batman to that apartment. Was that apartment scene just some setupfor batman to get shot by the police?

Originally Posted by derrty6232

^Tell me about it, I'm waiting on someone to answer that brick scene as well. I've watched that scene a dozen times and still don't understand what is going on. Like I know he scanned the bullet hole and found a finger print and that led batman to that apartment. Was that apartment scene just some setup for batman to get shot by the police?

Good question I always wondered this one as well
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Face82

Yea maybe I am. Another question that again might be stupid. But why did Batman have to do that whole shooting experiment with the bricks.....couldn't he just get the finger print off the one block of cement he had?
Sup_

I'm not entirely sure why he did it the way he did it, but I know you can't you retrieve a fingerprint off a shatteredbullet. There is probably a real good logical reason as to why he recreated that though. I just can't see it or articulate it right now.

This also ties into the part where Bruce Wayne goes to the apartment in an attempt to identify/research The Joker (I could be wrong on this). The print off thebullet I believe belonged to a Melvin White? Alfred gave him the address, Bruce goes to check it out...unfortunately...Joker has already calculated this.Again.

Furthermore, I believe this is why he made use of every phone in Gotham as a sonar device...

"I have to find this man Lucius."

Nobody could find dude. Even the mob, who hired him...

Julius F. Wrek

He had to see how the bullet exploded so that he could properly put the pieces back together in order to get the perfect match on the fingerprints.

Julius- Thanks for the kind words. Great appreciation for the man, Bill Shakes.

Thinking about what Julius and Blond said, I agree with the idea that Batman had to recreate and reassemble the pieces of a second shattered bullet in order toget a fingerprint that could be scanned.

All these questions about TDK make me reevaluate the movie and further appreciate the depth of the storytelling.

Whoa, you people are really overthinking on the multiple stories for Joker's scars. He just changes it up as a joke to suit the situation. I mean he iscalled the Joker, and it was pretty funny.

It's like if I had a scar on my face and some chick asked me how I got it, I'd say I got slashed across my face in a knife fight with some Chinesegangsters or something. Then maybe another day a different chick asked me how I got it and I'd say something completely different, just to humour myself. When in reality the scar might be from something dumb like me falling down the stairs, but I'd lie to chicks so that they'd like me more and also causeit's just funny. The Joker would tell different stories so that people would be more afraid of him, and he also probably just thought was funny.

Originally Posted by scribble253

At the end, how come Alfred never gave Batman the letter that was left behind by Rachel?
So he wouldn't have to live with the truth that no matter what Rachel was Dent's girl.

Originally Posted by scribble253

At the end, how come Alfred never gave Batman the letter that was left behind by Rachel?
because sometimes people need to have their faith rewarded truth isnt good enough...batman faith was him and rachel being together

Question, after Gordon death, his son saw batman w/blinking thing on his wrist was that to indicate his pops was still alive?

Nobody knew Gordon was alive except for Gordon. Hence why he was the masked officer driving the armored truck with Dent.

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

Originally Posted by enyceking

Originally Posted by enyceking

no thread jack but why does joker tell two different stories about how he got the scars on his face???????????????
anyone?

IMO I think it was because he was trying to show everyone that his existence was born out of the corruption of the city and how that led to the woes of the citizens personal life. He talked about how his dad was a fiend to the Gamble ( who dealt in that business), and was talking about his wife's self esteem to Rachel.

It's a reference from "The Killing Joke", a book in which The Joker tells a different story about his scars before he kills someone...or something like that. I havn't been able to find the book but I've heard good things about it.

Didn't read all pages to the thread but wrong...

Basically the Killing Joke is an origin story to the joker and tells how he became the joker, and he didn't have scars, that was never done in the comicsas far as I know.

Anyway more or less the killing joke was about The Joker trying to break down Commissioner Gordon, and showing that the best person can go crazy when badthings happen to them. Sort of like what he did to Harvey in the movie. But in the comic, Gordon didn't lose his mind, and was still himself.

Back
Top Bottom