NT How much money do you got in the bank? Do you prefer cash or money in the bank?

Originally Posted by sam206

cash $41 Checking $206.95
same boat except i got a piggybank with lots of change inside..i say about almost 100 in there~!! laughin straight to the bank wid ittt

$'s?

We OFF that...

14ilimh.jpg

Nah I'm fronting, that's rent money. I actually need to build my savings back up. I'm making dumb money out here, but as fast as I'm making it,I'm blowing it. No buono.

i got about 6k in cash to flip on random entrepreneurial enterprises, and all my money from my job gets direct deposited and never touched with billpay comingout directly, so i'll give it 7500, but i gotta buy a new heat and air unit for the crib, so that's gonna cost about 2500...

whatever i do, i try to have 6 months of living expenses saved up in case i lose my job or get sick.

i suggest others do the same, and you don't gotta have racks on deck, just however much you need to be secure til u get back on ur feet.

NT gets too personal. Some stuff I wouldn't post. I'm not broke but I'm not balling either. I'm hella cheap.

Anyone remember the story of dude posting 50 stacks, someone recognized where he lived and robbed the guy who posted the 50K?

My savings fluctuates like crazy..
ohwell.gif
Realistically if I didn't spendso much over the past 1.5yrs it would be around 15k-20k easily.. But i only have $6k
mad.gif

Grant money in January tho, so i'll re-up enough for a few international trips.

I' am a full time student and work FT retail, but ive been taking care of my self for 4 yrs now. Just need a degree.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

NT gets too personal. Some stuff I wouldn't post. I'm not broke but I'm not balling either. I'm hella cheap.

Anyone remember the story of dude posting 50 stacks, someone recognized where he lived and robbed the guy who posted the 50K?

who has 50k cash?
laugh.gif
that kind of money goes in the bank

Originally Posted by ptrakarn23

got a solid 9 hundo in my bank and i rarely have anything in my bank,

contemplating if i want to reup on a qp or not...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

a qp for 900...gotta be some dirt

It's not easy depositing that kind of money into the bank. Anything over $10K, they'll ask for your I.D. and SS. It happens all the time with me. Itcame to the point where they sent me a letter asking me where I got this money from. I had to prove to them by showing them my 6+ accounts and other things.

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

Originally Posted by Lazy B

who has 50k cash?
laugh.gif
that kind of money goes in the bank

that type of money should be invested

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

It's not easy depositing that kind of money into the bank. Anything over $10K, they'll ask for your I.D. and SS. It happens all the time with me. It came to the point where they sent me a letter asking me where I got this money from. I had to prove to them by showing them my 6+ accounts and other things.
word to nas

God sake, what !%$+$ got to do to make a half million
without the FBI catchin feelings

Originally Posted by FedExciter

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

all about your connection.

Damn I've had 1,000 to 800 this whole month in checkings. It seems everytime I get a pay check I waste it and nevr save

here is how i made myself start savings years ago, when i was younger i had this same issue ....

i have 3 different bank accounts, and when i get paid from work, i do it all direct deposit. 3 different amounts go into each account. the first account is my basic checking, which i use to shop and pay bills with. the 2nd, is my MAIN savings account, which a BULK of my money resides, and I DO NOT TOUCH. and the 3rd was a seconds savings account I opened, a lower amount is put away here BUT it adds up. When I want to buy something BIG, or treat myself to something really nice, i pull money from here, it is called a rainy day fund. sometimes i just let a long time go by and don't even take money out of this account.

so if you want to save, without trying, or reminding yourself to do it, make your check direct deposit and have it split into different accounts.

also, income tax season is coming up, that is a great way to take some money and start your stacking from there. when you get this money don't rush off to the malls ladies and gentlemen, take a portion of the money, treat yourself to something nice, and put the rest away in a savings account.

ALSO,
take a look around your room, i am sure you have a lot of shoes, t-shirts etc. lying around you don't wear, have had your fun with etc. toss them on ebay or wherever and make some kind of new money back. that is another way to start stacking. let go of the things you don't need, use or want. bring some clarity into your world. don't hold on to a bunch of stuff for all the wrong reasons.

i am 28 and i stopped caring about the shoe game years ago, i would rather have nicer things. don't get me wrong, i still pull out a couple little dunks and runners here and there, but that stuff is the least of my worries now. as you get older, you will care less and want to simplify your life more and build for your future.

In a Fidelity money managed account - approx $75k
In my daughter's 529plan (she's 19 months old) - Approx $12k
In Savings account at bank - Approx $6k
In Checking account - Dunno but that is where my wife and I keep money solely for living week to week after we've put money in Fidelity/savings/etc.

Has alot more in Fidelity about a year ago but put down $275k as a down payment on my house. Plus my wife spent too much furnishing it ($40k)....and stillisn't done. Ridiculous.

Originally Posted by awwsome

Originally Posted by FedExciter

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

all about your connection.

tell that to these kids who dont know what they talkin bout but your not gettin any kind of piff,diesel,haze or anything of that quality for 900 a qp.i dontcare if the connect is your father

Snapshot of one of my Scottrade accounts. Have another Scottrade account for long term holds and 5 other checking/savings accounts.

1zebjav.jpg

Edit: Just realized that isn't even my Total Account Value. Just the funds I have cleared. I'm holding a few positions.

Lil chico, how old are you? and what do yoou do. im an avid saver, and one day will become a "modest" trader, just got get this job that pays more...

Back
Top Bottom