Nt do you remember the first book you ever read

Don't remember the first book I ever read.

First book I read and really enjoyed was Bud, not Buddy when I was like 8 or 9.

That book was deep, man.

Don't remember the first book I ever read.

First book I read and really enjoyed was Bud, not Buddy when I was like 8 or 9.

That book was deep, man.

tikkitikkitembo.jpg

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

little+black+sambo+2.JPG

- just looked it up , and found out alot of cartoon adaptations are racially controversial*. The original story and the true to-to-original
reprints (like ^^that book) were'nt. Its about tigers who steal a boy's nice new clothes and end up fighting. when they fight though, they
end up turning inot butter and the boy's mom uses it to make pancakes and hlater gets his clothes back and eats a bunch of pancakes.

*the title and blackface should have been telling but i hadn't thought of this book till just now. oh and it was originally set in India.

Well I'll be damned...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

SAMBO though?...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

little+black+sambo+2.JPG

- just looked it up , and found out alot of cartoon adaptations are racially controversial*. The original story and the true to-to-original
reprints (like ^^that book) were'nt. Its about tigers who steal a boy's nice new clothes and end up fighting. when they fight though, they
end up turning inot butter and the boy's mom uses it to make pancakes and hlater gets his clothes back and eats a bunch of pancakes.

*the title and blackface should have been telling but i hadn't thought of this book till just now. oh and it was originally set in India.

Well I'll be damned...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

SAMBO though?...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Little critter, just for yu(you) by mercery Meyer.
Learned how to read because of those books back in like 92, second grade.

Little critter, just for yu(you) by mercery Meyer.
Learned how to read because of those books back in like 92, second grade.

Back
Top Bottom