NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

How do I get that system and install stuff? Would love it for HD NBA AND WHAT NOT

Anyone can recommend me a good HD antenna? I have HBOGO, Hulu, Netflix so I good on those. I'll be missing out on sports which sucks. So anything will help.

Anyone can recommend me a good HD antenna? I have HBOGO, Hulu, Netflix so I good on those. I'll be missing out on sports which sucks. So anything will help.
Amazon Basics sells an HD Antenna that's similar to Mohu Leaf...Paper thin, powered, and good for 40+ mile range....around $40.00.  I have one of those for my upstairs room, and its great for local HD channels.  Crisper than cable 

chromecast +
espn app
tnt app- nba-
cbs app- fball/boxing
nbc app- fball/boxing
fox- fball
sports streaming sites-ppv events
why you still reading this? go flourish

Last edited:
My wife NEEDs to have the ID Channel. If it wasn't for that I would go all streaming. Do any of these devices posted include that channel lol

My wife NEEDs to have the ID Channel. If it wasn't for that I would go all streaming. Do any of these devices posted include that channel lol

Bro - does she really need to see the show LIVE on that channel? Or can she wait like 2hrs for it to be streamable?! And is it worth keeping cable for that?!

$50 to the cable guy under the table. Only amount I've ever paid. It's only basic cable but I got my phone hooked up to the tv if I wanna watch any premium shows

I need to read more into streaming all this stuff. Used to watch sports stuff on sites but those kept getting shut down. My bro used to dl all the movies and shows for us but then verizon shut off our internet and sent us warnings.

Sling Tv: A&E, ABC Family, Adult Swim, AMC, Bloomberg, Cartoon Network, CNN, Disney Channel, El Rey, ESPN, ESPN2, Food Network, Galavisión, HGTV, History, H2, IFC, Lifetime, Maker, TBS, TNT, Travel Channel
20/month with no contract and a free Roku and free trial

Ballstreams: Best thing ever.

Amazon prime.

And high speed internet would be a good combo. Though i wouldnt mind just paying a flat 100 for a good internet and cable combo as long as i didnt have to deal with changing anything up for a few years.

Nothing like coming home, flippin on tubr and channel surfing and coming across something good unexpectedly (e.g seinfeld).

Bro - does she really need to see the show LIVE on that channel? Or can she wait like 2hrs for it to be streamable?! And is it worth keeping cable for that?!

Nope just as long as we can stream that channel. To her it's definitely worth paying for cable. All I need is local channels, ESPN, HBO, and cartoons lol. Believe me I've looked around but seems like discovery channel lineup is tough to find

I need to read more into streaming all this stuff. Used to watch sports stuff on sites but those kept getting shut down. My bro used to dl all the movies and shows for us but then verizon shut off our internet and sent us warnings.
You just need to use a VPN service to mask your IP address so that won't happen when you torrent. 

Y'all really in there talking about stream sites again. :smh:

Meth came up in this thread like what 3-4 times already

A lot of you'll my brahs, but would understand if Meth checks you guys for this

I can see why he gets so frustrated sometimes.

Like he would say: LEARN :lol:

chromecast +
espn app
tnt app- nba-
cbs app- fball/boxing
nbc app- fball/boxing
fox- fball

Won't most of those apps make you log in with your tv provider email? I know the TNT one does to watch live tv which defeats the purpose.

Rustys right. Lets stop all the illegal stream discussions, but continue to talk about the paid streams discussions (slingtv, hbogo, netflix/hulu, etc). PM me for more info other alternative accounts to use to cut cable

I get capped at 150gb/ month currently.

One of the big problems is if i cut the cord. I'll have to pay for a even more expensive Internet plan to get a higher cap.

Presently i have those package deals (tv+Internet +home phone) that let's you save some money per month.
If you only purchase an internet plan you're not going to get their deals.

Last edited:
chromecast +
espn app
tnt app- nba-
cbs app- fball/boxing
nbc app- fball/boxing
fox- fball

Won't most of those apps make you log in with your tv provider email? I know the TNT one does to watch live tv which defeats the purpose.
yea. should have mention that. my b. All you need is 1 person acc login wit cable to unlock this savings acheivement

Hmm thinking about the Sling TV, Hulu, Netflix combo.

Does the sling Roku box have a DVR? Is it HD quality?

So the next question is who has the fastest but cheapest internet? If all these services cost $35 but then Comcast wants $70 for Blast! Internet then im basically at the $120 I pay now for internet and cable.

Anyway what internet service do you have and what do you pay?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hmm thinking about the Sling TV, Hulu, Netflix combo.

Does the sling Roku box have a DVR? Is it HD quality?

So the next question is who has the fastest but cheapest internet? If all these services cost $35 but then Comcast wants $70 for Blast! Internet then im basically at the $120 I pay now for internet and cable.

Anyway what internet service do you have and what do you pay?

Thanks in advance

First, what services are available in your area?

Back
Top Bottom