NT Book Club- What are you guys reading??

Originally Posted by rc49ers

Can someone recommend me a book?
I'm in a kinda depresed kind of mood and I need something to boost my confidence.
I recently just got out of a detenion center, and I need something to get me on the right step.

read The Alchemist by Paul Coelho
its a short read and its top 3 on my favorite books list

Originally Posted by rc49ers

Can someone recommend me a book?
I'm in a kinda depresed kind of mood and I need something to boost my confidence.
I recently just got out of a detenion center, and I need something to get me on the right step.

Zombie Survival Guide.

anyway, i'm reading 48 laws of power. after that, Death Note (my first manga.. we'll see if i continue the series)

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Originally Posted by Elocin023

"The White Boy Shuffle" By Paul Beatty

Good book, if you like it Read Tuff as well.
I love it. Last night, I could not stop laughing. I'll look into that one as well. Thanks.
smile.gif

Invisible Man and The Poisonwood bible.................. AP Literature and Composition FTL.

Originally Posted by ReliantJ

Originally Posted by JJGRT5

Invisible Man and The Poisonwood bible.................. AP Literature and Composition FTL.

What??!?!?!?! Invisible Man is a classic. HG WELLS FTW

Im reading the one by Ellison.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

pride_and_prejudice1.jpg

Gotta love the British Lit class
laugh.gif
top5book ever <3

machiavelli - the prince
shakespeare - julius caesar
truman capote - in cold blood

are what i have due this week.

I can't get into Austen. I read Sense and Sensibility but there is something about her prose that does little to make me care about her characters or plot.I'd much rather read Bronte than her. I just finished The Turn of the Screw and a Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man and now I am going to read To theLighthouse.

I am back to reading Purgatorio which is the second book from epic poem, La Comedia Divinia. In this installment, outPilgrim, protagonists and author, Dante Alighieri has escaped from Hell and now emerges near the foot of Mount Purgatory and he must purge his sins and reachthe heavenly gates at the summit.

I also have reread reading the five rings, a guide to the knightly virtues of the samurai. The how to instructions on sword play are interesting butwhat is truly important is the lessons in toughness, persistence and the ability to conquer ones fear and slay enemies, human and metaphorical.

I am also reading the very long and epic history of the US, call A History of the America People by Paul Johnson, an Englishman who gives some newinsight to a subject that I find otherwise boring and repetitive.

I feel like Livy, I want to get lost in history and literature and philosophy in response to the trouble of the present.

Back
Top Bottom