NT Book Club- What are you guys reading??

Hey guys. I know I'm not the only NTer that reads just for leisure, so I want to know what are on your lists or even just good books that you've readrecently. Here's what I'm working on this month:

From left to right:

The Black Male Handbook by Kevin Powell
The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama
Letters to a Young Brother by Hill Harper

I'm on a self-empowerment stage at the moment. Might as well be; it's a new year. Time for new beginnings.
smile.gif

^^ Just in time for black history month.
laugh.gif
Educate yourself.

I'm catching up on a bunch of magazines right now (Forbes, GQ, Entrepreneur) before I venture into another book.

^^^Nothing wrong with educating yourself. You can only get smarter.
wink.gif

I'm saving Obama's book for last. My mom is going through it right now and says that it's a really good book. I can't wait to get too it.

My barber told me that Hill Harper book is pretty good.
Right now I'm reading World War Z
its the sequel to the zombie survival guide, dude is a good author
I think I'm going to read american psycho again

Originally Posted by raskass 2050

Freakonomics - I read it awhile ago. Easy read, very interesting.

Great book. I'm about to read that again soon too. Lot's of interesting facts/tidbits. Like how the KKK ended by a bunch of kids mimicking a supermanvillain. Amazing.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

My barber told me that Hill Harper book is pretty good.
Right now I'm reading World War Z
its the sequel to the zombie survival guide, dude is a good author
I think I'm going to read american psycho again

I read the Zombie Survival Guide. I didn't know a sequel was made. I'll have to check that out.

Hill Harper's book is great. I definitely recommend that one as well as the handbook(which I just started over the weekend).

can't stop, won't stop by jeff chang... hip-hop wars by patricia rose.. the republic by plato

I never finished reading Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs by Chuck Klosterman, so I picked it up a few days ago.

Does anyone on NT believe this quote that I've heard since I was 15..

"If you want to hide something from a black man, put it in a book."

I'm black btw.

It inspired me to read more and more because I hold this quote to be somewhat evident
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

The Autobiography of Malcom X
that is the best book i have ever read.. i finished it in like 5 days.. if you like it.. look for "Assata" by Assata Shakur

I'm reading the 48 laws of power and So You Call Yourself A Man by J.D. Jakes both are interesting so far. One of my goals this year is to read 1 bookevery two weeks.

DMT: The Spirit Molecule by Rick Strassman. Anyone who
pimp.gif
and is mildly interested in science, i strongly recommend this book. My reaction was straight up
eek.gif
for a week

Back
Top Bottom