NT Book Club Vol. WDYRTD

very good and useful, but I have to be honest it is mad dry.

Finished reading a book titled Our Black Year. This black woman starts an experiment of strictly spending money at black-owned business for an entire year with her family. The project was inspired by the lack of black-owned businesses in black neighborhoods, and the effects such undertakings had on the blacks in those communities.

Been midway through Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol for awhile now; it's just not grabbing my attention like Angels & Demons, or The Da Vinci Code did.

I started this a few days ago:

Sophie's World.

About 1/4 of the way finished with Dan Brown's Inferno I set it down a couple weeks ago but need to pick it back up. I have had a really hard time concentrating and getting pulled into this book I wonder if its the writing style or just my attention span deteriorating over time.

^ Had no idea Dan Brown released another book. Gonna put it on the Kindle right now :pimp:.

anyone finish the new dan brown? thoughts on it?

currently reading the age of miracles by karen thompson walker. really good concept, easy voice to read.

btw feel free to check out my blog. always updating it with short fiction, poetry, some sports stuff, etc.

www.frankcesare.blogspot.com

ive got a stack of excellent books that deal with social, political, and economical issues we face today. been BSing on them for a min. bit the bullet this week and started knockin that out.

current read.

tumblr_lspqr0ESmj1qd3g3go1_500.jpg

anyone finish the new dan brown? thoughts on it?

currently reading the age of miracles by karen thompson walker. really good concept, easy voice to read.

btw feel free to check out my blog. always updating it with short fiction, poetry, some sports stuff, etc.

www.frankcesare.blogspot.com

Finished it last month, overall good and exciting story. The ending was meh, but I wasn't too disappointed because it did make sense. My only real gripe was the art/architecture minutiae he felt the need to write. I've read all his books so I'm familiar with this style, but this one I was just like "geezus save me the history lesson and get back to the plot"

so he goes off course a little more in this one. i figured it'd waver in some regard. thanks, i'll probably pick it up on sale some day. for some reason i'm just not as excited about this one like his other langdon works.

I read this last week

finishing this book today

I really want to read "The Isis papers : the keys to the colors" but the libraries don't have it around my way.

fight club could be read in a day, such a simple enjoyable read.

isis could be found in pdf format on the oogle.

Just started the Hunger Games. People hyped the hell out of this thing so I felt like I had to give a chance. I know, where have I been. Easier read than I was expecting.

^ The Hunger Games trilogy was ehhh. Book 2 was the best imo.

I started Inferno by Dan Brown a few days ago. according to my Kindle I'm 42% finished, and so far it's been really good. Hopefully it doesn't slow to a turtle's pace like The Lost Symbol did.

Back
Top Bottom