NT Book Club Vol. WDYRTD

Save The Cat. Quick read for those interested in screenwriting.

Just bought 1Q84 and Brave New World. :smh: I still have books from two months ago in the bag I haven't touched.

^ I had to read Blink for my communications class, but read it before just for fun. Good read.

Right now, I'm currently reading 1984 by George Orwell.

"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past"

I absolutely loved Eddie Huang's memoir. Any Asian-American will be able to relate to his storytelling and sense of cultural identity.

Actually finished Fresh off the Boat a couple days ago, great read cause I'm Taiwanese American as well.

Reading White Terror right now. Started reading it the day of the Boston marathon bombing. 

Good read so far. 

Aye flaco how do you like reinvention so far? 
it's great, it goes a lot more in depth into his life than the autobiography does. Manning notes in the prologue that Haley had an agenda when writing the Autobiography, so while it is still a great book, some significant aspects of Malcolm's life are left out of the Autobiography that Manning goes into in Reinvention.

it's great, it goes a lot more in depth into his life than the autobiography does. Manning notes in the prologue that Haley had an agenda when writing the Autobiography, so while it is still a great book, some significant aspects of Malcolm's life are left out of the Autobiography that Manning goes into in Reinvention.
Yeah from the moment Haley describes Malcolm becoming irritated with the whole process in making the book I felt in my heart something fishy was going on with the whole deal. 

Many omissions I am sure. 

its a interesting idea no lie i promise but everyone is a little to up in technology to do that when we have this book club. Plus ill just buy u the book if u dont want to purchase whatever i recommend.

i need to start reading a book at least once a week im so behind. i would rather play ball and work out then read...
mean.gif

when i wake up im going to try and read these or after school.

&

I need to get back on my reading...I'm ashamed of how few books I've read in the past few years. Will be tracking this thread for candidates to jump back in.

its a interesting idea no lie i promise but everyone is a little to up in technology to do that when we have this book club. Plus ill just buy u the book if u dont want to purchase whatever i recommend.
 i need to start reading a book at least once a week im so behind. i would rather play ball and work out then read...
mean.gif

when i wake up im going to try and read these or after school.

&

Nice call on the Tim Dorsey. Very entertaining writer - nothing too deep or intellectual but it's a great way of keeping yourself occupied.

My Book-list for right now, gonna read these and then some more after:

The Market System
Ender's Game
Eleven Rings
Damn Good Advice

Let me know which ones you read, I might grab up a few also
smokin.gif
[h1]Giovanni’s Room, by James Baldwin <Big fan, must read[/h1][h1]The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, by Junot Díaz <Synopsis seems interesting,[/h1][h1]Bright Lights, Big City, by Jay McInerney[/h1][h1]A Home at the End of the World, by Michael Cunningham[/h1][h1]Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, by Haruki Murakami, <looks promising[/h1]
Also the ernest Hemingway novel, my sister has his collection...

Read World War Z a couple weeks ago. Cool story that kept me interested.

I finished I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell earlier today. Funny as hell.. I laughed my *** off between Tucker and Slingblade's dialogue;

I'll probably start the Michael Jordan book, Driven From Within, tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom