NT BBM

This. NT GroupMe should have been happened.

There are def some NT groupMe's already running. I know the Kappas on NT have one, and there is also a Dressing Better groupme out there.

GroupMe does have certain limits I know that groups can be limited up to 50 PPL which NT as a whole is way larger than. Also you would have to give your personal number to someone which certain ppl may be uncomfortable with.

BBM Pins are alot easier to hide and manage. I personally use both services. As I reiterated in the other BBM thread, BBM for me personally is for use more with friends and family in other countries where blackberries are still a pretty viable smart phone option. My cousin in Nigeria just got an iPhone and was elated to get his BBM back because he had a bunch of contacts he that use mainly BBM to txt.

There are def some NT groupMe's already running. I know the Kappas on NT have one, and there is also a Dressing Better groupme out there.

GroupMe does have certain limits I know that groups can be limited up to 50 PPL which NT as a whole is way larger than. Also you would have to give your personal number to someone which certain ppl may be uncomfortable with.

BBM Pins are alot easier to hide and manage. I personally use both services. As I reiterated in the other BBM thread, BBM for me personally is for use more with friends and family in other countries where blackberries are still a pretty viable smart phone option. My cousin in Nigeria just got an iPhone and was elated to get his BBM back because he had a bunch of contacts he that use mainly BBM to txt.

All of this, but especially the part about talking to family internationally. My people in Trinidad are now on the chat. Pretty nice. Also, it doesn't hurt that BBM is one of the more secure ways to message people. I seem to remember countries like India banning it because they couldn't snoop. The US Government a while back lodged complaints about it's encryption as well. I don't know where that stands currently but I like that it is certainly more secure than iMessage and regular text. Even if I am not sending state secrets. It's one of the best messengers on the market as far as performance and security, and will only get better as they add voice and video. The only thing that is irritating is the 6 Mb file limitation, because i have already sent friends a bunch of music tracks and stuff and it would be nice to be able to drop whole albums to them at once. Lastly, I don't like just giving out my number to everyone or anyone. Pins allow me to better control privacy.

BTW, 7B285E64

Back
Top Bottom