NT Are You Happy or Envious when people around you get successful?

define success first

well success as in doing good in life, have your own stuff, making sufficient money to live comfortably and be in a position to help out those around you could be your own children, family members or even people who are less fortunate and are in need.

You are a product of your environment, I love when my people come up and vice versa.

Pretty much this. I definitely love seeing family members doing successful thing, cause it gives you less to worry about. It really bothers me seeing family members who are struggling when there's so many other family members who could be helping out.

Of course everyone is going to answer "happy" because people don't often want to admit anything that casts them in a questionable light.

My answer...it's a case by case thing. I'm generally motivated by others...but you're lying if you've never ever said...or thought "how the **** can they have that / do that, etc. and I can't"?

Human nature.

If you are not around successful people be it doing things for humanity to your mailman, success is defined by what you accomplished in making our world and communities better and if u hanging around people that ain't doin **** then you hurting yourself, successful people push me to get out and get it and follow my heart

Truuuuuuu

I think it's human nature to be envious of someone else's success especially when they are in a better position than you. At the end of the day it should also serve as motivation to do better.

happy and envious at the same damn time. but envious in a way like motivation, not hating on dude.

I'm genuinely happy for them if I know them. To be there for them through the talk, the encouraging aspect, and to finally see them do good is self satisfying.

But I am more annoyed by others that gloat about themselves infront of you. I've had some friends who realized I was looking for a job, but took no step in assisting me or filling me despite having an opening. It wasn't until I got desperate and approached my friend for that open position. I took it as a mock experience though, so it didn't bother me. Eventually, I landed another interview and got in from there.

I also hate peers and ex-class mates that come up to you and ask you how much you make and all that crap. They love to share their goals and vision of a perfect life, but I could care less. Over time, I've come to known how harsh this world is, and that I have to be careful w/ what I say, and who I interact with.

patience is a virtue...everyone cant blow up and become big time at the same time...i know my time will come and im ok with that...

depends on the situation and the humility of the person.

i wouldn't be envious regardless but if the person didn't earn his success or became a total tool after achieiving it then i wouldn't respect them, but aside from that, anyone who's been able to make it in life that i know, i give all the praise in the world to them for making it in this world.

I'm genuinely happy for them if I know them. To be there for them through the talk, the encouraging aspect, and to finally see them do good is self satisfying.

But I am more annoyed by others that gloat about themselves infront of you. I've had some friends who realized I was looking for a job, but took no step in assisting me or filling me despite having an opening. It wasn't until I got desperate and approached my friend for that open position. I took it as a mock experience though, so it didn't bother me. Eventually, I landed another interview and got in from there.

I also hate peers and ex-class mates that come up to you and ask you how much you make and all that crap. They love to share their goals and vision of a perfect life, but I could care less. Over time, I've come to known how harsh this world is, and that I have to be careful w/ what I say, and who I interact with.

So you can actually make good legitimate non-trolling posts. You should do that more often.

It probably the worst when all of your peers and close friends especially become "successful" and you're still on the come up or stagnating.
You dont really care if Warren Buffet is wealthy b/c you dont know him like that, didnt grow up with him. But if that kid down the block made it and you didn't, then ruh roh your ego will torment you because essentially you had the same opportunity and environment. This is why its important to have your own definition of success.

Never understood envy nor looking at somebody else's plate comparing it to yours. Everyone's journey is unique. If you are jealous you are judging and you have no right to judge another person. I wish everyone drove Ferraris lived in mansions and had flings with sexy people. I just flat out don't see how someone else's success has anything to do with me, family or friend. If everyone inside of this topic drove a Bugatti to a steakhouse tonight while receiving sloppy top from their dream girl Id joyous. That **** is beautiful, I love seeing young cats in the streets pushing benzes and R8's and having stuff. Why can't people live good? I tell you what does hurt tho, busting your *** and sacrificing everything for your dreams and reaching them only to find out people you struggled with are envious, ***** one of the worst feelings in the world.

I feel happy for them and then it's motivation. My lil just started make close to what I make and he copped himself a brand new truck so now it's time for me to cop something :wink: .

Use others success as your push to do better

I love to see people do positive. I also try to do well and positive...I sometimes feel "a certain way" and downplay my successes to others who may be considered (by me obviously) not doing well but ehh...truthfully thats a problem im having, i have to be happy/humble/not ashamed of the things i do gett and not feel that "certain way"

Happy for those that achieve success themselves, whether it's through education or just hard work to make it in this world.  

Indifferent if its someone who has a trust fund, or mommy/daddy gave them the money to start a business.

Pissed off if mommy/daddy sets you up for success and you refuse to take it because you are lazy and don't want to do anything.  

Honestly, I'd feel more motivated if anything b/c most of the people in my circle grew up similarly and all have similar resources to achieve things....if one of us were to blow up and hit it big then it'd help encourage me to find my focus even more than before (if I weren't sure of what to do)...but if you were with me when we started out as kids or college friends with nothing really to my name...and I hit it big then I'm gonna do my best to bring them up too, and my boys and close friends are all the same way :smokin no need for jealousy...just gonna hurt you in the long run

Back
Top Bottom