northface backpacks vol. Back to school

No I'm not that dude
that avy... that screen name...

roll.gif

I have a NF Recon from like 06 that still does the job, and will probably last me years. My brother has a gray recon for like 3 years that is still in pretty good shape, but being gray it looks dirtier than mine.

Ya'll wylin when you say your bags still look brand new though.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Cool thread im in the market for a new backpack for school

looking at the surge and borealis right now looking at sum reviews now to choose which one 

How big is the Recon? I'm looking for a bag that can hold a laptop and a couple textbooks with still plenty of room left both vertically and horizontally. 

I have a Surge right now and its for sure bigger than my Recon.

A LOT of various storage compartments as well.

what bags do you guys recommend for just carrying books and binders? Dosent have to be northface either

what bags do you guys recommend for just carrying books and binders? Dosent have to be northface either
Standard Jansport should do. You can also get cheap Jordan and NIke ones at Marshall's

I had a Borealis from 8th grade up until i got a new one before my 2nd year of college

there was nothing wrong with it.. just dirty and i decided to get a new one. worth it :smokin

Bought a North Face backpack freshman year of high school for $50 (1998). It's 2012, that backpack has been around the world multiple times, was used every day by two kids through high school and college, been up and down countless mountains, down rivers, etc. and it still works fine. And that was a cheap NF backpack. You drop $100 on a NF pack, I guarantee it lasts you ten years through everything.

I might need a new backpack for school soon as well and i really like the north face hot shot. Pricey though.

I bought a Recon Northface last year but I ended up just using my Jansport or just carrying my books. Transferring to a University this fall, and I bought a laptop, so I'll probably end up using the Recon. It's dusty and **** though :/ 

Last edited:
Been rocking the Big Shot for one and a half semesters now. College is hella chill tho so the bag lasts a long time.

My collection so far. Love every single bag. The Base Camp Duffel is my favorite. It's a duffel bag that straps on like a backpack.

24gj85h.png

Looking to get this one soon.

16bhddy.png

damn what size did you get :nerd:

this thread about to make me blow money on tnf.com :smh: :lol:

[quote name="cs02132""]
damn what size did you get :nerd:
this thread about to make me blow money on tnf.com :smh: :lol:[/quote]

I got a small. Perfect size imo!

I bought my wife a women's recon and that thing is a soldier...

it's been through 2 years of nursing school (you know how big/thick those books are) and countless other things like trips, camping and everyday use.

Still looks good as new.

I bought myself a sweeper, but the older version

The one they have on the north face website looks :x

http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/sc-gear/sweeper-backpack_2.html?parent_category_rn=&cm_vc=Search

Got them both for pretty cheap so I'm really happy with that....

Back
Top Bottom