No NEW EDITION MOVIE thread?

Bobby brown doesn't have legendary music ???

This **** smooth as hell. You can play this anytime on any station

So far we've **** on beyonce, Aaliyah, confessions, Bobby brown, prince, Janet and new edition

Who's gon be the first to **** on MICHAEL Jackson :lol:

With like half those it's ppl putting those artists on pedestals they don't belong on. I mean let Elijah be Aaliyah, let Bobbby be great where he's at, no need to start making up all these stipulations and restrictions to attempt to put him on Prince's level.

The rest is certain posters bugging and not recognizing an album is classic or for some odd reason trying to deny the millions damn near billions that mess with Prince.

MJ hate probably won't even be about the music :lol:

I'm just waiting for the wrong one to say TP2 aint a classic :nerd:

Last edited:
"Don't Be Cruel" is legendary on the strength of the fact that without the stardom it created for Bobby Brown, Usher's career arc takes on a whole different trajectory, possibly erasing the existence of "My Way", "8701" and "Confessions". He'll even tell people that. He was pretty much raised on MJ and Bob.

So far we've **** on beyonce, Aaliyah, confessions, Bobby brown, prince, Janet and new edition

Who's gon be the first to **** on MICHAEL Jackson :lol:

This thread jumped the shark one too many times already. Once this happens, there's no recovering from that. :rofl:

lol @ bobby browns songs being "legendary"

he was the man in 88, 89.

but legendary???? lol

hell no.

marvin gaye...mike....prince....thats legendary.

just think about this....what is bobby browns best song ever.

now ask yourself...is that "legendary"????? lol

helllll no

he was good don't get me wrong...the boy had IT.... but he aint no got damb legend lets be real here can we at least do this

Last edited:
That's what I mean other than her image she's not good at anything.

Her attitude, her style is real thot/freakish. That's her whole appeal.
shut up man, you sound like a female. She can sing a little she has swag and she's dope. Wtf, you acting like Madonna and half of the other pop stars are serenading you with their smooth natural vocal. *****gstfd

He has a classic (two in my book) and was part of one of the biggest groups of all time, a legendary group. He's a legend.

Last edited:
lol @ bobby browns songs being "legendary"

he was the man in 88, 89.

but legendary???? lol

hell no.

marvin gaye...mike....prince....thats legendary.

just think about this....what is bobby browns best song ever.

now ask yourself...is that "legendary"????? lol

helllll no

he was good don't get me wrong...the boy had IT.... but he aint no got damb legend lets be real here can we at least do this

First off, ask yourself: Why so much hostility? :lol: Out of all the outlandish things that have been spewed out in this thread, you zero in on this opinion? lol

IMO, Bob's best song is "My Prerogative". With this track, he became the first artist to really break in a huge musical movement (New Jack Swing) on a global level. That makes him a legend in my book. Bridging R&B and Hip Hop wasn't that common at that point. He was a part of that first wave.

Don't Be Cruel or Rock Witcha.

Rockwitcha

rockwicha is my personal favorite.

but....with that mind....that **** is not legendary I'm sorry. its good, its great....but its not "legendary"

he made good songs and he was the man for the period of time. but he has no "billie jean" or "purple rain" or " whats going on" or "man in the mirror" or "this is a mans world" or "i believe i can fly" etc...etc....

he made good pop music for the late 80s...but he didn't make legendary music.

im not hating, im a big bobby brown 90s fan...but he aint on the same level as mike or prince. he is not a legend.

bobby brown didn't have any soul......HE DIDNT.... come at me. he really didn't.

theres a difference between bobby brown and this

and i don't have to explain it...yall know what i mean.

Last edited:
That's what I mean other than her image she's not good at anything.

Her attitude, her style is real thot/freakish. That's her whole appeal.

Saw her "perform" at a mall here around 05. In the immortal words of Charles Barkley, "turrble, just turrble." Never was interested in her after that train wreck.

Peace,
J

he made good songs and he was the man for the period of time. but he has no "billie jean" or "purple rain" or " whats going on" or "man in the mirror" or "this is a mans world" or "i believe i can fly" etc...etc....

he made good pop music for the late 80s...but he didn't make legendary music.

im not hating, im a big bobby brown 90s fan...but he aint on the same level as mike or prince. he is not a legend.

bobby brown didn't have any soul......HE DIDNT.... come at me. he really didn't.

and i don't have to explain it...yall know what i mean.

No explanation needed, because now we're fully convinced you're talking just to talk bruh lol. Add to the fact that you throw in a video of a song by an artist who comes nowhere near close to applying to anything being discussed in this thread lol. "My Prerogative" is Bobby Brown's signature song. Whether it fits your criteria for "legendary" or not, Bob still has made some pretty significant contributions to music, even if it's shortlived, and just more important to R&B. He was, without a doubt, one of the genre's best entertainers. Unfortunately, it's overshadowed by his personal issues. As far as "soul" is concerned. Miss me with that. You wouldn't have that much affection for his later work if he didn't have soul.

Last edited:
Yeah son, I'm not buyin **** you saying about R&B. A lot of people in here are exposing themselves. Ain't nothing wrong with coming out and saying you like these albums and songs but don't play them often. Some of the arguments and comments in this thread are insane

Bobby got some legendary songs.

My Prerogative
Every Little Step
Tenderoni

BUT...

Like I said his window was short. He loved the drugs and fame more than the music. After 94 he was basically done musically and became Whitney's husband. He's R&B's Penny.

Regardless of how people feel, Bobby changed the genre of R&B for future generations. Even influenced rap. Wasn't the best singer but his attitude, style, dances and lyrics really set the trend. Definitely a pioneer.

I remember some saying R. Kelly > Bobby Brown. Check out how your mans straight swag jacked Bobby Brown and his "every little step" video hard

Video a clear bite of "every little step" and song a clear bite of "my prerogative".

Dirtbag.

Last edited:
^ R. Kelly jacked somebody else too.

Don't matter R. Kelly is an indisputable living legend. Bobby can't see him.

Yeah son, I'm not buyin **** you saying about R&B. A lot of people in here are exposing themselves. Ain't nothing wrong with coming out and saying you like these albums and songs but don't play them often. Some of the arguments and comments in this thread are insane
I'm not fully getting this argument either.

If I don't keep certain songs by an artist in constant rotation does that mean the artist isn't a legend or the songs are not classics?

A classic song doesn't necessarily have to be your favorite song.

When did this become about who has the most replayable songs?

Last edited:
Regardless of how people feel, Bobby changed the genre of R&B for future generations. Even influenced rap. Wasn't the best singer but his attitude, style, dances and lyrics really set the trend. Definitely a pioneer.

I remember some saying R. Kelly > Bobby Brown. Check out how your mans straight swag jacked Bobby Brown and his "every little step" video hard

Video a clear bite of "every little step" and song a clear bite of "my prerogative".

Dirtbag.

Damn :lol: Kellz took the whole video.

He still on another level than Bobby though.

Last edited:

Don't matter R. Kelly is an indisputable living legend. Bobby can't see hom

It don't matter. He started his career with a L. My point is R. Kelly may be some of y'all favorite artist but even the great Robert Kelly was clearly influenced by Bobby.

Last edited:

Don't matter R. Kelly is an indisputable living legend. Bobby can't see hom

I'm not fully getting this argument either.

If I don't keep certain songs by an artist in constant rotation does that mean the artist isn't a legend or the songs are not classics?

A classic song doesn't necessarily have to be your favorite song.

When did this become about who has the most replayable songs?

What I'm saying is you can tell in this thread who is real knowledgable and who is listening to this music. The first few pages in this thread were golden. Nothing but R&B heads appreciating music. Then some people came in and started talking wild. The way my man is downplaying Bobby's music, impact and legacy tells me he's not that familiar with his music or just not a fan. Nothing wrong with coming out and saying I've never been a big Bobby fan or I don't really play his music. There's been a few wild arguments and debates in here that should have never even been posted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom