Nnamdi Asomugha's college tour for underprivileged kids

Props to Asomugha but even more props go to that kid. It's extremely uplifting to see someone who has nothing have such high spirits. (Before he met Nnamdi).

Nnamdi just keeps gaining more and more respect from me. Props to him, and bigger props to these kids for achieving all that they have.

This is something the NFL SHOULD be publicizing, but instead they all on Roethlisberger and controversy. For a league with character issues you'd think they would do more to put things like this in the spotlight instead of having CNN report it.

pimp.gif
Props

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

This is something the NFL SHOULD be publicizing, but instead they all on Roethlisberger and controversy. For a league with character issues you'd think they would do more to put things like this in the spotlight instead of having CNN report it.
It doesn't get ratings, thus ESPN doesn't care. They'd rather have Rachel Nichols camped out on Favre's lawn, banking non-story after non-story.

However, it's getting to the point where the NFL needs to do the equivalent of NBA Cares promos during broadcasts. Every NBA broadcast has one or two NBA Cares featurettes, which the NBA needed after years of being considered a thug league. The NFL needs to be careful with its arrogance.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

It doesn't get ratings, thus ESPN doesn't care. They'd rather have Rachel Nichols camped out on Favre's lawn, banking non-story after non-story.

However, it's getting to the point where the NFL needs to do the equivalent of NBA Cares promos during broadcasts. Every NBA broadcast has one or two NBA Cares featurettes, which the NBA needed after years of being considered a thug league. The NFL needs to be careful with its arrogance.
the funny thing is that at the local level, from what I've seen of the 49ers and raiders organizations, they do a lot of charity work.

Originally Posted by What up

Props to Asomugha but even more props go to that kid. It's extremely uplifting to see someone who has nothing have such high spirits. (Before he met Nnamdi).

Not surprising at all.
He comes from a real good family.
His sister went to high school with my wife and my best friend and they say the whole family was just real good people. mom and dad are both either doctors and lawyers or one of each. and his sister is a doctor also..
and like dude said up there, the NFL should be showcasing people like him who do real good.
but where's the story in that right?

-J-

^ I've heard that about his family too.
his brother is at columbia business school right now and his bro played at stanford while nnam was at Cal

Originally Posted by milkandcookies

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

the funny thing is that at the local level, from what I've seen of the 49ers and raiders organizations, they do a lot of charity work.
Oh, they all do, but it's only covered locally. The NFL has no interest in showing their employees being involved in the community. They don't need the PR campaign....yet.

As a journalism major, I learned really early bad new sells papers, and gets ratings..

I'm in the process of working on a similar project right now..I'm new to LA, but i was shocked so many kids from this city have never even been to westwood or have been to UCLA...

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

As a journalism major, I learned really early bad new sells papers, and gets ratings..

I'm in the process of working on a similar project right now..I'm new to LA, but i was shocked so many kids from this city have never even been to westwood or have been to UCLA...
props and good luck
pimp.gif

I definitely want to volunteer with inner city youth sometime in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom