NKETLK: Am I wrong ?

Okay here goes. I've been bartending on fridays and saturdays at this small hole in the wall club for the past 5 weeks now (doing it for the experience notso much the money at this point). So anyway every weekend my girl asks to come to work with me and makes a big fuss when I say "no"
mad.gif
. I explain to her that even though its a "party atmosphere" its stillwork, and I just cant bring her to work with me. On top of that she is very jealous and part of being a bartender is conversating with the opposite sex whichin my case would be females. I told her that one weekend when I'm not on the clock we'll go up there together and kick it, but not while I'mworking. So my question Niketalk is am I wrong for not letting her come with me ? This is starting to annoy me !!

You already told her what you needed to...now just tell her to shut the #%@+ up and proceed

let her see your telling the truth, so let her come along.
A relationship is built on trust...She needs to believe his word, I see no reason in going out of your way just to prove yourself

As long as you're not cheating on her while at work I don't see the problem in not bringing her. After all, it is your job, you can't just havepeople you know coming with you all willy nilly. Just cause you work in bar doesn't make it any less different. Sounds like she's got some attachmentissues or something.....

Originally Posted by carlosdapaperboy

As long as you're not cheating on her while at work I don't see the problem in not bringing her. After all, it is your job, you can't just have people you know coming with you all willy nilly. Just cause you work in bar doesn't make it any less different. Sounds like she's got some attachment issues or something.....

One time is all it takes

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

You already told her what you needed to...now just tell her to shut the #%@+ up and proceed

A relationship is built on trust...She needs to believe his word, I see no reason in going out of your way just to prove yourself

And its not so much the point of having anything to hide, yes I do conversate and maybe even flirt to a certain extent, but its just the point that THIS IS AJOB, no matter the pay or the atmosphere, ITS MY JOB !

Mad am I ??

YES !!!
laugh.gif

no its your work she will only be a distraction. if you worked in any other job she wouldnt want to visit you. she should get over it and stop being jealousand respect your wishes.

Relationships are also about understanding, not simply blind trust.

If you can at least sympathize with her and realize that you'd probably feel somewhat insecure if she had a similar job in a social environment like yours,you'd be better off.

Most of you guys flip over your girl dressing provocatively. If you really trusted your girl, there would be no reason to even worry about that, right?

Originally Posted by Bastitch

If you can at least sympathize with her and realize that you'd probably feel somewhat insecure if she had a similar job in a social environment like yours, you'd be better off.

Most of you guys flip over your girl dressing provocatively. If you really trusted your girl, there would be no reason to even worry about that, right?

Truth, and I explain to her that I understand how she feels, because you're right if the shoe was on the other foot, I would have my doubts, concerns etc.But I would have to stop being selfish and respect and understand that it is her place of employment.

This whole week soft dudes been posting problems about their girls...

smh.gif

Man Up!... You spoke, you explained, thats the end of it. If she got a attitude so what! she will get over it.

Originally Posted by Lui Kang817

If you can at least sympathize with her and realize that you'd probably feel somewhat insecure if she had a similar job in a social environment like yours, you'd be better off.

Truth, and I explain to her that I understand how she feels, because you're right if the shoe was on the other foot, I would have my doubts, concerns etc. But I would have to stop being selfish and respect and understand that it is her place of employment.

You're a human, not a robot. Reassurance is the key to strong relationships. All of us have little insecurities. I don't know why that's so hardfor you guys to admit.

It doesn't make you less of a man, it makes you human.

I can't help at chuckle at the dudes in here that are like "just tell her to shut up and deal with it". That mentality is so immature and notconducive to a healthy relationship.

Compromise, compassion, and understanding. That's all you really need. Let her come to your workplace. Just once. It will allow her to relate to youjust that much more.

If you're that uncomfortable about it, you're hiding something. And at that point, it's you that has the problem, not her.

Originally Posted by Lui Kang817

Truth, and I explain to her that I understand how she feels, because you're right if the shoe was on the other foot, I would have my doubts, concerns etc. But I would have to stop being selfish and respect and understand that it is her place of employment.

You're a human, not a robot. Reassurance is the key to strong relationships. All of us have little insecurities. I don't know why that's so hard for you guys to admit.

I can't help at chuckle at the dudes in here that are like "just tell her to shut up and deal with it". That mentality is so immature and not conducive to a healthy relationship.

Compromise, compassion, and understanding. That's all you really need. Let her come to your workplace. Just once. It will allow her to relate to you just that much more.

If you're that uncomfortable about it, you're hiding something. And at that point, it's you that has the problem, not her.

What you're saying makes alot of sense, and I appreciate yours and everyone else's input but like I'm trying to explain to her, I take this job seriously and I dont need any personal distractions, when I'm on "company time".

I don't see why she couldn't go. Unless you talkin' about she wants to be behind the bar on some Jim Carrey
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
(I don't have the GIF
grin.gif
)

You're a human, not a robot. Reassurance is the key to strong relationships. All of us have little insecurities. I don't know why that's so hard for you guys to admit.

I can't help at chuckle at the dudes in here that are like "just tell her to shut up and deal with it". That mentality is so immature and not conducive to a healthy relationship.

Compromise, compassion, and understanding. That's all you really need. Let her come to your workplace. Just once. It will allow her to relate to you just that much more.

It's his job though..does he really need to string her along to where he earns his paycheck just to give her some reassurance though?

He already said he would take her there on a day off

That's work..but hey she could go and just hung..why don't you let her go with her girlfriend/s while you work so
she won't be bored.

Originally Posted by Ajwings23

That's work..but hey she could go and just hung..why don't you let her go with her girlfriend/s while you work so
she won't be bored.

I thought about that, because I really have nothing to hide but I know how she is , if she see's me so much as crack a smile at a female she's going toturn it into some huge scene right there at my job and that's what I'm trying to avoid.

Back
Top Bottom