Nintendo to Unveil Next-Gen Console at e3 2011 vol. Here we go

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

Smart move by Nintendo IMO , if it's released next year it will most likely have at least a whole year jump on the PS4/Xbox 720. The library of games and the revenue gain they will have by the time Sony and Microsoft release their consoles is gonna be
sick.gif

I haven't purchased a Nintendo console since the N64 but if this joint is significantly more powerful than the PS3, priced fair, and is aimed at real gamers i might have to pick it up to satisfy my Next-Gen needs until the real systems drop.
You are not a real gamer if you don't consider a system significantly more powerful than a PS3 & 360 a real system. Wii was and still is considered gimicky and yet the sales are almost twice as much in every region around the world. Nintendo prints money point blank.

Didn't Sony management said that the Ps3 will be at least a 10 year system. Right now it's only been 4 1/2 years since it dropped, and Xbox is coming up on 6 years. I think if this Nintendo release gains some real attention Sony & Microsoft will be behind closed doors thinking of something

Smart move by Nintendo IMO , if it's released next year it will most likely have at least a whole year jump on the PS4/Xbox 720. The library of games and the revenue gain they will have by the time Sony and Microsoft release their consoles is gonna be
sick.gif

I haven't purchased a Nintendo console since the N64 but if this joint is significantly more powerful than the PS3, priced fair, and is aimed at real gamers i might have to pick it up to satisfy my Next-Gen needs until the real systems drop.
You are not a real gamer if you don't consider a system significantly more powerful than a PS3 & 360 a real system. Wii was and still is considered gimicky and yet the sales are almost twice as much in every region around the world. Nintendo prints money point blank.

Didn't Sony management said that the Ps3 will be at least a 10 year system. Right now it's only been 4 1/2 years since it dropped, and Xbox is coming up on 6 years. I think if this Nintendo release gains some real attention Sony & Microsoft will be behind closed doors thinking of something

Will be waiting for E3 to see what Nintendo will reveal. Will probably wait 1.5-2 years after it releases to cop, assuming it's worth it.

Will be waiting for E3 to see what Nintendo will reveal. Will probably wait 1.5-2 years after it releases to cop, assuming it's worth it.

Looking forward to seeing what they come up with but not interested in copping a new system anytime soon.

Looking forward to seeing what they come up with but not interested in copping a new system anytime soon.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

It's going to take a lot to regain the support of the hardcore developers and fans who felt betrayed by the wii's gimmicky lackluster gameplay and graphics.

I'm curious to see what's going to drop but it has to completely blow me away for me to even think about copping.

I also wonder what online is going to be like... considering they completely dropped the ball on the last two systems.
Everything this man said is true.

Hopefully my studio will get a peek at it before E3
nerd.gif

It's going to take a lot to regain the support of the hardcore developers and fans who felt betrayed by the wii's gimmicky lackluster gameplay and graphics.

I'm curious to see what's going to drop but it has to completely blow me away for me to even think about copping.

I also wonder what online is going to be like... considering they completely dropped the ball on the last two systems.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

nerd.gif
If the system looks promising i see some developers hopping back on board. But i just don't see how Nintendo will compete in the "hardcore" area when most people will be loyal to their PS3's and 360's. An like you said, online will be a strong issue.

nerd.gif
If the system looks promising i see some developers hopping back on board. But i just don't see how Nintendo will compete in the "hardcore" area when most people will be loyal to their PS3's and 360's. An like you said, online will be a strong issue.

sick.gif

You obviously don't know what im talking about. If Sony and Microsoft have at least a year or more time to develop their respective consoles most likely those consoles would be more powerful than the Nintendo console. Also it would give their systems ample time to have what gamers feel the Nintendo system is lacking.

IDC how much the Wii sold it is not "a real" current-gen console imo.

sick.gif

You obviously don't know what im talking about. If Sony and Microsoft have at least a year or more time to develop their respective consoles most likely those consoles would be more powerful than the Nintendo console. Also it would give their systems ample time to have what gamers feel the Nintendo system is lacking.

Remember kids, if it weren't for Nintendo, there wouldn't be a PlayStation or Xbox.

Remember kids, if it weren't for Nintendo, there wouldn't be a PlayStation or Xbox.

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

True, Nintendo in the past catered to all. but now they have abandoned ship on fans, developers and the gaming community. And it's clearly obvious what they are supposedly doing now in the future of their next console to gain the community

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

True, Nintendo in the past catered to all. but now they have abandoned ship on fans, developers and the gaming community. And it's clearly obvious what they are supposedly doing now in the future of their next console to gain the community

Originally Posted by got shoes

nerd.gif

The one thing I have been waiting for and I've seen prototypes of from a certain company is the ability to wirelessly interact/beam your mobile gaming device to your TV. Picture yourself taking your 3DS or NGP from your bedroom to your living room and being able to "beam" it to your tv and play in full HD resolution while controlling from the mobile device. That is the advancement I want to see put into production, not motion gimmicks, not better graphics, but something that's useful and better for the end consumer.

Originally Posted by got shoes

nerd.gif

The one thing I have been waiting for and I've seen prototypes of from a certain company is the ability to wirelessly interact/beam your mobile gaming device to your TV. Picture yourself taking your 3DS or NGP from your bedroom to your living room and being able to "beam" it to your tv and play in full HD resolution while controlling from the mobile device. That is the advancement I want to see put into production, not motion gimmicks, not better graphics, but something that's useful and better for the end consumer.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

sick.gif

It's not a real console yet Microsoft & Sony added motion control software features that the Wii launched with waaaaaay back in 2006? You think Microsoft & Sony are going to disregard all the money they spent in marketing and implementing Move & Kinect (under the guise that their software was "the future of gaming")? They made their beds with that crap and have to sleep in it for awhile.

Online is a huge issue, censorship is another large issue, many studios' biggest complaint about the Wii was that if you wanted to develop for it you HAD to include the MOTION CONTROL gimmick into your game. Let's be real, that's a huge drawback for the "hardcore market" because everyone knew it was a gimmick and you were forced to develop your original IP or port around the restriction of including the damn thing.

Wii misstepped with their "online support" but the 3DS online system (atleast for Super Street Fighter IV) is a step in the right direction. If they make the same effort to improve like they did from DS to 3DS to this new console, it could become a respectable feature. And Nintendo has had a history of bad third party support (from Gamecube days and even earlier) and no doubt forcing companies to use motion control features probably hurt them in that respect, not to mention their shoddy "online support". And the Wii has games (mostly first party stuff) for the "hardcore" crowd, they just were ignored because they come once or twice a year versus once or twice a quarter like Xbox & PS3 games.
And the second thing is kinda funny considering that a main feature of the 3DS is it detecting other 3DS' and swapping info. Obviously you won't be running to many other 3DS owners if you are playing on it on the big screen at home. Most of my friends play their handhelds at home though so the whole portable gaming aspect doesn't matter and I reckon tons of people are the same way so that feature would be pretty cool.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

sick.gif

It's not a real console yet Microsoft & Sony added motion control software features that the Wii launched with waaaaaay back in 2006? You think Microsoft & Sony are going to disregard all the money they spent in marketing and implementing Move & Kinect (under the guise that their software was "the future of gaming")? They made their beds with that crap and have to sleep in it for awhile.

Online is a huge issue, censorship is another large issue, many studios' biggest complaint about the Wii was that if you wanted to develop for it you HAD to include the MOTION CONTROL gimmick into your game. Let's be real, that's a huge drawback for the "hardcore market" because everyone knew it was a gimmick and you were forced to develop your original IP or port around the restriction of including the damn thing.

Wii misstepped with their "online support" but the 3DS online system (atleast for Super Street Fighter IV) is a step in the right direction. If they make the same effort to improve like they did from DS to 3DS to this new console, it could become a respectable feature. And Nintendo has had a history of bad third party support (from Gamecube days and even earlier) and no doubt forcing companies to use motion control features probably hurt them in that respect, not to mention their shoddy "online support". And the Wii has games (mostly first party stuff) for the "hardcore" crowd, they just were ignored because they come once or twice a year versus once or twice a quarter like Xbox & PS3 games.
And the second thing is kinda funny considering that a main feature of the 3DS is it detecting other 3DS' and swapping info. Obviously you won't be running to many other 3DS owners if you are playing on it on the big screen at home. Most of my friends play their handhelds at home though so the whole portable gaming aspect doesn't matter and I reckon tons of people are the same way so that feature would be pretty cool.

I dont believe for one second that its gonna be significantly more powerful that the PS3 and Xbox 360.
Ducktales till I see it at E3

Back
Top Bottom