• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Completed Metal Gear Solid today. Loved it and it helped fill in some gaps of the plot I didn’t know about before. My rankings right now(haven’t played GZ/5):

2>4>1>3.

Did see the port of Sons of Liberty is a HD Collection port, so that might be a good thing.

My list is the exact opposite.

Finally got my hands on this guy. This switch is a burner, I know what I’m doing but frankly idc if it gets banned despite only playing single player games offline anyway. I literally never took my OG switch online for gaming ever.
IMG_3029.jpeg

Took a break from FF12 and been playing Metroid Prime Remastered. Really great game, just wish it had multiplayer. Or there was more MP shooters on Switch in general.

A few outlets saying not to expect Switch successor this fiscal year. April 2025 at the earliest :rolleyes

Will be getting the Switch version soon as it goes on sale (unless the PS version goes on super discount first)

Finally got my hands on this guy. This switch is a burner, I know what I’m doing but frankly idc if it gets banned despite only playing single player games offline anyway. I literally never took my OG switch online for gaming ever.
IMG_3029.jpeg

whats protocol for DLCs? I thought about grabbing one but I already have a modded switch

whats protocol for DLCs? I thought about grabbing one but I already have a modded switch
No really dlc friendly, the cart dump would need to be post-update to include the latest data. Once it’s on the sd card it is what it is. I get prompts to update every time I launch a title but that’s pretty much guaranteed to trigger a ban. Modding is the way to go if you want to still use online services.

Last time was October 16, 2016 I believe. I remember when I saw the commercial and they had 2K on the go at the basketball court. That was the most impressive thing. Little did I know that 2K was going to disappoint when I got 2K19 a couple year later lol.

Still can't deny that it's the greatest console ever. Literally mixed the past and present to influence the future of gaming through hybrid. Even Sony got back into a mobile screen and now Microsoft is even trying to jump in the market. Really hope every console next gen has a weaker (and cheaper) hybrid type console.

I can’t co-sign on the greatest console ever. It will always come down to the games for me.
I guess for me it's it having over half of the library of the greatest console generation (DC/PS2/GC/XB), the generations prior (NES - N64 and a good number of competitor consoles libraries), along with modern masterpieces like BOTW and Odyssey. Really dive into the console's library/access to multiple gens, and that's why it stacks up.

If we're doing the exclusives battle, or even a Versus battle between actual games of the generation, then there's definitely a lot more room for argument.

Ah ok, you’re using a modded Switch, right? I have a few emulated devices but never play on them. The idea always sounds good but I just prefer to play on OG hardware or native ports on current gen hardware.

Ah ok, you’re using a modded Switch, right? I have a few emulated devices but never play on them. The idea always sounds good but I just prefer to play on OG hardware or native ports on current gen hardware.
Wrong guy on the mods.

I'm talking about games like Devil May Cry 1-3 (PS2), Mario Thousand Year Door (GameCube), Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus (various consoles in 2000s), the Capcom and Konami collections, (Games from PS1/PS2/PSP/DS/GBA/etc.), FF1 through 12 all on the Switch console, among a myriad of others that I'm leaving out. Some look at the Switch being a port machine as a cheap copout, but I actually think that helps them, along with having a great selection of modern games as well. That's why I call it the greatest console ever. I will say though, a good number of their ports are far from perfect.

Switch is my least favorite console last gen so... nah.
I consider favorite and best as two different discussions.

Dreamcast is my favorite console, but I can't deny that the PS2 is better.

I owe an apology from years ago when I had my datboi81 account. We got into an argument about Xbox and I was calling it a failure, how it objectively lost, Xbox sucks, all the typical Xbox hate rhetoric., etc. Mind you, I never owned a PS4 or Xbox One.

Fast forward to last year buying a Series S, (first Xbox ever) and it's actually my favorite console to play these days. I LOVE Game Pass. I think if more actually had an Xbox in their hands, they would see that's it truly is the most gamer friendly console out. I believe that was the point you were trying to make. Anyways, I'm man enough to admit that I was wrong, as a console Xbox does not suck.

Snes or psx are the goat consoles followed by sega saturn, DC, genesis, nes, in whatever order IMO. Switch is cool but it's not in the same convo as the above systems IMO.

Back
Top Bottom