teacher wont let me switch partners because he hates me
i know that they aren't going to do anything
project is due tomorrow
guidelines are there must be 5 pictures
must be 10 slides with 5 lines per slide
i have to bring food from the 1920s
must dress as someone from the 1920s
how do i make a powerpoint?
anyone know where to download a powerpoint maker?
thanks

What's with hitting enter ever so often? Keep it flowing man. You won't pass English doing stuff like that.

Find someone with a computer that has MS Powerpoint on it.

roll.gif
@ bringing food from the 1920s

No offense, but how are you going to call the kids you are working with "the three dumbest kids in the class" when you don't know how to make a PowerPoint as a junior in high school?...

Oh boy......you need to pay someone to do this. This is not a small project. I'd reccomend getting on google, find a wesbite about 1920's clothes, and pick out 10 pictures.

An idea could be clothes in the USA versus Europ vs. Asia. So 3 slides a piece, plus a conclusion. 5 lines a slide is ridiculous, no one reads that much. Limit it to 20 words per slide, and even that is a little heavy.

As for "powerpoint maker" you need to go to the school pc lab or something. Powerpoint isn't cheap. Or you can go the cheap way and use docs.google.com They have a simple presentation app. No need to download it either, it's web based.

Start working on this NOW. #1 find sources #2 get an idea for how you want the slides to work (what order, whats on them) #3 make the slides (pictures, then words). This should be banged out in no more than 3 hours.

Oh, as for food, bring in sausages, or hot dogs. Tube meat was the everyday food back then in the USA. Pizza made it here about that time too. Tell your teacher you made working class food, and wear jeans, boots and a button down (tucked in to jeans, with a belt), saying you're a farmer.

Project done, now go play some Xbox.

Too bad the 1920's was the prohibition. You coulda just brought in 40's for your classmates and some Jim Beam for the teacher.

Oh well, good luck!

Hey OP.. Since you have to do a project about the 20s why don't you just dress up as a women bucause women just got there rights and bring sandwiches for the class.. Don't forget the ham.. Men love ham

Originally Posted by AJ Kickz

Oh boy......you need to pay someone to do this. This is not a small project. I'd reccomend getting on google, find a wesbite about 1920's clothes, and pick out 10 pictures.

An idea could be clothes in the USA versus Europ vs. Asia. So 3 slides a piece, plus a conclusion. 5 lines a slide is ridiculous, no one reads that much. Limit it to 20 words per slide, and even that is a little heavy.

As for "powerpoint maker" you need to go to the school pc lab or something. Powerpoint isn't cheap. Or you can go the cheap way and use docs.google.com They have a simple presentation app. No need to download it either, it's web based.

Start working on this NOW. #1 find sources #2 get an idea for how you want the slides to work (what order, whats on them) #3 make the slides (pictures, then words). This should be banged out in no more than 3 hours.

Oh, as for food, bring in sausages, or hot dogs. Tube meat was the everyday food back then in the USA. Pizza made it here about that time too. Tell your teacher you made working class food, and wear jeans, boots and a button down (tucked in to jeans, with a belt), saying you're a farmer.

Project done, now go play some Xbox.
i went to google docs
how do i make a powerpoint here?
thanks everyone who tried to help

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

i went to google docs

You just gotta do what it says. Register for a google account, go to docs.google.com and click on presentations. Start typing away an inserting pics (much like on a forum). Make sure you save your work.

BTW, first you gotta figure out whats going on with your project. Forget your group members, do it all yourself. "My project is about clothing in the different continents throughout the 1920's" or maybe "....about clothing in the different regions of the United States in the 1920's".

This project is cake if you sit down, and concentrate. Draw up (on paper) a bunch of big 5 x 7 boxes, and fill them with the info, then worry about putting it in to google docs.

Originally Posted by AJ Kickz

i went to google docs

You just gotta do what it says. Register for a google account, go to docs.google.com and click on presentations. Start typing away an inserting pics (much like on a forum). Make sure you save your work.

BTW, first you gotta figure out whats going on with your project. Forget your group members, do it all yourself. "My project is about clothing in the different continents throughout the 1920's" or maybe "....about clothing in the different regions of the United States in the 1920's".

This project is cake if you sit down, and concentrate. Draw up (on paper) a bunch of big 5 x 7 boxes, and fill them with the info, then worry about putting it in to google docs.

thanks man for all your help

i was in in-school-suspension at the time
i get back to class and I'm working with the 3 dumbest kids in the room
teacher wont let me switch partners because he hates me

roll.gif

thanks everyone that posted helpful replies, especially AJ KICKSZ
i made a 98 on the project just in case anyone cared for an update

Back
Top Bottom