NikeTalk... What are you reading??

abraham-lincoln-vampire-hunter.jpg

Originally Posted by Noskey

The Devil in the White City. (heard about it after the thread on here 
laugh.gif
) The book is 
pimp.gif
so far, after like 5 chapters.

Just finished The Zombie Survival Guide last week. Good, informational read that everyone should study and commit to memory.
I picked up Devil in the White City after hearing about it on NT too.  Just finished it yesterday.. awesome book.

Originally Posted by Noskey

The Devil in the White City. (heard about it after the thread on here 
laugh.gif
) The book is 
pimp.gif
so far, after like 5 chapters.

Just finished The Zombie Survival Guide last week. Good, informational read that everyone should study and commit to memory.
I picked up Devil in the White City after hearing about it on NT too.  Just finished it yesterday.. awesome book.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

ars-too-big-to-fail-image1.jpg

How is it - assuming you're far enough for an opinion.I'm half reading The Big Short

I've watched numerous documentaries on the financial crisis and done my fair share of online reading. This is my first novel on the event but I must say this is one of the best finance novels I've read. This is coming from a professional who works in the securities industry. A lot of finance novels writers make the mistake of being too technical which tends to make the books dry. The author here could have fallen into the trap especially when describing some of the complex derivatives like Sythentic CDOs. But he somehow finds a way to keep the book evenly spaced and not feel like a lecture at Wharton.

It's a long read, but I'd give it a shot. You really feel like you're in the room with Lloyd Blankfien, John Mack, Vikram Pandit, Jamie Dimon, and John Thain.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

ars-too-big-to-fail-image1.jpg

How is it - assuming you're far enough for an opinion.I'm half reading The Big Short

I've watched numerous documentaries on the financial crisis and done my fair share of online reading. This is my first novel on the event but I must say this is one of the best finance novels I've read. This is coming from a professional who works in the securities industry. A lot of finance novels writers make the mistake of being too technical which tends to make the books dry. The author here could have fallen into the trap especially when describing some of the complex derivatives like Sythentic CDOs. But he somehow finds a way to keep the book evenly spaced and not feel like a lecture at Wharton.

It's a long read, but I'd give it a shot. You really feel like you're in the room with Lloyd Blankfien, John Mack, Vikram Pandit, Jamie Dimon, and John Thain.

Originally Posted by CHICHAN

How is it? I've seen it around & it looks interesting, but I couldn't get to the inside flap to read up on it. /:

Currently in three books: The Sun Also Rises by Hemingway; Lord of the Flies by William Golding; and Stealing Candy by Allison Hobbs. I juggle between the three whenever I get bored of one.

Originally Posted by CHICHAN

How is it? I've seen it around & it looks interesting, but I couldn't get to the inside flap to read up on it. /:

Currently in three books: The Sun Also Rises by Hemingway; Lord of the Flies by William Golding; and Stealing Candy by Allison Hobbs. I juggle between the three whenever I get bored of one.

Finished reading the Tao of Wu last week and wanted to read the wutang manual but they didnt have it at the borders so i started reading the autobiography of malcolm x

Finished reading the Tao of Wu last week and wanted to read the wutang manual but they didnt have it at the borders so i started reading the autobiography of malcolm x

Rereading "The Alchemist". I've always enjoyed this book.
Also trying to get through some of "Lies My Teacher Told Me" and "Outliers"

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Lies my teacher told me is on my to-do list I have it in my later cart on amazon, the holidays are killing me right now so I can;t wait till 2011 so I can get my money right!
Unfortunately I haven't really read anything great recently.... I re-read the coldest winter ever by sistah souljah a few weeks back (I remember all the young chicks were reading this book back in the day and figured it would be interesting to read now that I have grown a lot both mentally and physically.... book was 
sick.gif
sick.gif
 to say the least..... I do like Souljah's book about the character Midnight tho, I was hoping she would drop the sequel to that this year but seems like another CPT situation all over again.)

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Lies my teacher told me is on my to-do list I have it in my later cart on amazon, the holidays are killing me right now so I can;t wait till 2011 so I can get my money right!
Unfortunately I haven't really read anything great recently.... I re-read the coldest winter ever by sistah souljah a few weeks back (I remember all the young chicks were reading this book back in the day and figured it would be interesting to read now that I have grown a lot both mentally and physically.... book was 
sick.gif
sick.gif
 to say the least..... I do like Souljah's book about the character Midnight tho, I was hoping she would drop the sequel to that this year but seems like another CPT situation all over again.)

Back
Top Bottom