Nike's latest attempt at combating bots vol. Access codes

Yea that's true. Not really much to do. I was also thinking They can do an authentication like Typing the scrambles letters type of deal after clicking buy it now. Just to be sure its a person not a computer doing it.

Or they could just get rid of twitter link only, that way there's no early access. When its up, everyone can have at it at the same time.

this has NOTHING to do with "BOTS"..

these are just the rules for things such as the lebron 2k14 code, it's been up for a minute.

THIS....Page been up longer than i can remember. Only reason its getting shine is because of the image evil posted.

If Nike does do codes like the way i think they going to do it. NON BOTTERS will have NOOOOOOOOO chance at getting ANYTHING anymore. People not using a bot will get the left overs after bots eat. Nike is making it super hard for the average consumer to get a release. Nike stay taking them Ls man they cant catch a break lol

Last edited:
If this gets implemented - bots will take the L on the first usage.

Then it will take time for these services to adapt.  May take several iterations before something solid is available to bypass the system.

But in the meantime - drop a restock / drop some oregon 5s. Services will take the L on not being able to assist on those.

I suspect that Nike may implement an RSVP system for access codes - similar to how they did the GUMBO release during all-star weekend for factory outlets in the NOLA area.

That is - send DMs to nikestore at a specific time.  FCFS response  with the access codes.

Another alternative could be tweeting a multi-use access code with the product link. 

Sure - bots services can say they can easily by pass that - but if Nike starts tweeting characters your bot can't understand but a human can visually read - then your bot service is at a severe disadvantage.

So I have to sign up to Nike.com to be considered? Or is this a twitter thing?

Jumping through hoops just to have a chance at purchasing for retail + shipping/tax :smh:

According to nike customer service, the access code give limited exclusive access to the product but does not guarantee purchase. People without codes are still able to buy the shoes. They also said that the access codes will be given out randomly by nike to people with registered accounts. This system will not be implemented in the release this Saturday.

Interesting seeing that this is all over the place on every major sneaker site. Funny how one rumor just stirs it all up...

This is stupid

In the future they're gonna interview you to see if you're eligible and have good omen intentions

They should just adopt a system like footlocker inc. or finishline.

TLO is by far the dumbest **** ever. I have no idea what the point of it even is.

They should just adopt a system like footlocker inc. or finishline.

TLO is by far the dumbest **** ever. I have no idea what the point of it even is.
HELL NO. That count down thing is the worst ever. Not even in sync with everyone

It's still a lot better than NDC. I don't even attempt to make purchases on NDC anymore. Strictly eastbay.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom