Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Are these new Off White Zoom Tempo Next% actually suitable for running or are they just casual? Not sure how the "track spikes" on the bottom will affect running. Sorry if this has been asked previously.
It's all just speculation until they are released.

Does anyone know if this is a real shoe? It says it’s the Peg 39, but it seems like a huge makeover. Maybe the Peg Pro? Or maybe somebody getting creative with mock-ups? Or a bad Chinese knock off?
Either way it’s got me intrigued.

Attachments

• C80A3A0E-E841-4017-9C4B-7F2CBA1A435A.jpeg
    C80A3A0E-E841-4017-9C4B-7F2CBA1A435A.jpeg
    412.8 KB · Views: 343
Does anyone know if this is a real shoe? It says it’s the Peg 39, but it seems like a huge makeover. Maybe the Peg Pro? Or maybe somebody getting creative with mock-ups? Or a bad Chinese knock off?
Either way it’s got me intrigued.

Pegasus gets a refresh ever two years plus would be the time samples are being sent to third party retailers so I would guess so.

Because my ideal sneakers blend performance and lifestyle. It's the same reason that my preferred sneakers for playing tennis are the Zoom Vapor RF x AJ3. I can also wear them casually and they signal something to other sneakerheads.

I'm not super crazy about these Zoom Tempos or the Zoom Tempo as a model, but Nike so rarely does good (or any) collabs with performance running, that I'll take what I can get. Would I rather have an OW Vaporfly or Zoom Fly? Absolutely!
I guess having the greatest distance runner of any generation wear/endorse there shoe(s) doesnt cut the bill?

I guess having the greatest distance runner of any generation wear/endorse there shoe(s) doesnt cut the bill?

trying my best to not be rude on it, but truth of the matter is majority of those buying the OW tempos wouldn't know who kipchoge is lol

it'll just mainly be hypebeasts wearing them and wanting to get a "flex" off on their runs whereas most of us that are actual running shoe nerds are passing up on that marked up shoe that has no performance benefits over the original pair that can be scooped on discounts now

and i honestly have nothing against it if it gets more people active and out running/living a healthier lifestyle
just think that the OW ZFs made more sense in a performance aspect than these tempos

im fairly confident only about 1% of the people who bought the OW version actually run in them

i did all the science so i know…
I bought them, and I will run in them, unless I hear they’re terrible before they arrive.

#Facts .....I love sneakers and I love aesthetics but when running for 26.2 the last thing you are thinking about is how cool your shoes look or if someone recognizing them....its all about how they preform...

trying my best to not be rude on it, but truth of the matter is majority of those buying the OW tempos wouldn't know who kipchoge is lol

it'll just mainly be hypebeasts wearing them and wanting to get a "flex" off on their runs whereas most of us that are actual running shoe nerds are passing up on that marked up shoe that has no performance benefits over the original pair that can be scooped on discounts now

and i honestly have nothing against it if it gets more people active and out running/living a healthier lifestyle
just think that the OW ZFs made more sense in a performance aspect than these tempos
RSVP Gallery released these this morning online and you had to answer a question (to which the answer was Kipchoge), which I appreciated because it’s the sort of thing that someone who runs and followed the whole Breaking 2 campaign would have known instantly without Googling.

#Facts .....I love sneakers and I love aesthetics but when running for 26.2 the last thing you are thinking about is how cool your shoes look or if someone recognizing them....its all about how they preform...
I’m, in part, envious of a friend who ran NYC in 2:36 a few years ago in the Off-Whites. One of the views on sneakers I hold most strongly is that Nike shouldn’t create this artificial barrier between lifestyle, which gets collabs and hype and limited releases, and performance, which does not.

Why can’t it be both?

RSVP Gallery released these this morning online and you had to answer a question (to which the answer was Kipchoge), which I appreciated because it’s the sort of thing that someone who runs and followed the whole Breaking 2 campaign would have known instantly without Googling.

it wasn't a knock at you and dope that you followed it all, im just saying that the interest isn't a part of most of the running demographic especially when its supposed to be a training shoe and not an actual racer like the alphaflys

Why can’t it be both?

doesnt hurt to have a nice looking shoe or CW, but try running a full marathon and you'll see why your body will value performance over looks

pilbondin pilbondin we aren't trying to flame/attack you on your choice of shoes, but when there's so many better options at way better prices, the OW tempos are gonna get criticized super hard

it wasn't a knock at you and dope that you followed it all, im just saying that the interest isn't a part of most of the running demographic especially when its supposed to be a training shoe and not an actual racer like the alphaflys

doesnt hurt to have a nice looking shoe or CW, but try running a full marathon and you'll see why your body will value performance over looks

pilbondin pilbondin we aren't trying to flame/attack you on your choice of shoes, but when there's so many better options at way better prices, the OW tempos are gonna get criticized super hard
No offense taken. But it’s like, we get these and the Gyakusous and that’s it, which is very disappointing to me.

Is your issue that the Zoom Tempo just isn’t a good model? I watched a bunch of reviews when it first came out and the opinions were pretty mixed, but I haven’t kept up with longer term evaluations. I just hope these are good enough for daily runs. I’ll still race in the Next%s.

And the better shoes at better prices is true of almost every model that gets discussed on Niketalk. Sure, I could wait for a Next% to go on sale in a random colorway, but I’d rather have the BRS one.

Last edited:
I was into cars when I was a kid and I would always wonder if people thought that putting decals and stickers all over your car somehow made it faster???? LoL...

Again no disrespect but the BRS logo doesnt make them perform better....

Ill buy ANY Alphafly or any Next% in any color at the outlet as long as Its my size cause they perform which is kinda the point....

Back
Top Bottom