Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Expensive Roshe :smokin
I hope I didn’t just pay $180 for 2018 Roshe’s. I’ve done my research and everyone’s opinion is that they are an amazing lifestyle shoe so I hope that’s true.

Either way I absolutely love the silhouette.

I hope I didn’t just pay $180 for 2018 Roshe’s. I’ve done my research and everyone’s opinion is that they are an amazing lifestyle shoe so I hope that’s true.

Either way I absolutely love the silhouette.
This isn’t a roshe. Better tech. Lighter materials and looks tremendous on feet if you’re into the tech wear aesthetic. (Sounds like you are). You already know you’re gonna love it so don’t worry.

Not even really close to Roshe which had no tech at all with cheap materials.

Streets are a casual/lifestyle shoes but it had flyknit and the new react foam and a look based off a shoe you don't really want to wear casually.

28436440_335307026980711_7376577812297154560_n.jpg

I like the concept of the Streets and feel Nike really executed it well. It most definitely is a lifestyle shoe with premium tech. I like the BMW/car analogy and find it fitting: Zoom Fly is an M3, Vaporstreet is a 7 series, and the 4% is an M7.

I like the concept of the Streets and feel Nike really executed it well. It most definitely is a lifestyle shoe with premium tech. I like the BMW/car analogy and find it fitting: Zoom Fly is an M3, Vaporstreet is a 7 series, and the 4% is an M7.
What?
1. BMW has never made an m7
2. Why would a lifestyle model be their most luxurious sedan car and a step down model, 2 levels down from the elite, be a smaller high performance sedan?

Start with something like the vf elite as their ultimate performance sports car (Like an M8/i8 )...then work backwards across shared DNA

The Streets seem like they’ll be just like the LunarEpic1s for me. I’ve never really run in the LE1s, but I’ve always found them to be VERY comfortable as a casual shoe (and even work). I think they have the necessary tech/comfort to have easy runs in.

You know what's dope about the whole Vapor/Fly series? The aggressive and loaded look it carries. The Vaporfly Elite looks the most aggressive especially in red, so the Vapor Streets, which looks nearly identical to the Vaporfly Elite, carries that. At least that's how it is for me, haha

I loved running in LE1s and that shoe just has great casual appeal as well.

I am sure you can run in the streets, i've seen many on IG run in them before Nike described it as a lifestyle shoes, it's just not the most ideal.

No lie but I have played basketball in Lugz before, not ideal and I am glad I didn't land on someones foot and f'd up my ankle but I did that for maybe a good year back then during nutrition/lunch time but you can certainly do sports (no-pro :lol: ) in many shoes and considering the tech on the streets, it's certainly possible. Only question is why if there are other better (and cheaper) options?

What?
1. BMW has never made an m7
2. Why would a lifestyle model be their most luxurious sedan car and a step down model, 2 levels down from the elite, be a smaller high performance sedan?

Start with something like the vf elite as their ultimate performance sports car (Like an M8/i8 )...then work backwards across shared DNA

1) The 2017 BMW M760i xDrive is technically an M7.

2)The Vaporstreet can be seen as Nike’s flagship performance-tooled lifestyle shoe (other than the VaporMax) so I connected lifestyle with sedan.

Overall I was thinking price points and the concept of different offerings. Looking back I guess I could’ve said the ZF was an M5 but whatever.

I wanted to wait for the second set of colorways but I’m going to give in and get the red Vaporstreets.

Last edited:
1) The 2017 BMW M760i xDrive is technically an M7.

2)The Vaporstreet can be seen as Nike’s flagship performance-tooled lifestyle shoe (other than the VaporMax) so I connected lifestyle with sedan.

Overall I was thinking price points and the concept of different offerings. Looking back I guess I could’ve said the ZF was an M5 but whatever.

I wanted to wait for the second set of colorways but I’m going to give in and get the red Vaporstreets.

Cmon...an M car is an M car...an M235i, an M760i an M550i...are not true M Cars...I used to run advertising for BMW and while we may have done a good job plugging niche voids in the model lineup, and convincing folks that its "just as good"...it just isnt the same.

Last edited:
I loved running in LE1s and that shoe just has great casual appeal as well.

I am sure you can run in the streets, i've seen many on IG run in them before Nike described it as a lifestyle shoes, it's just not the most ideal.

No lie but I have played basketball in Lugz before, not ideal and I am glad I didn't land on someones foot and f'd up my ankle but I did that for maybe a good year back then during nutrition/lunch time but you can certainly do sports (no-pro :lol: ) in many shoes and considering the tech on the streets, it's certainly possible. Only question is why if there are other better (and cheaper) options?
I did the same for a year. This must have been in the late 90's?

You know what's dope about the whole Vapor/Fly series? The aggressive and loaded look it carries. The Vaporfly Elite looks the most aggressive especially in red, so the Vapor Streets, which looks nearly identical to the Vaporfly Elite, carries that. At least that's how it is for me, haha

Weird. I never liked my LunarEpic 1 low's due to the stiff cushion. Yet everyone raves about the great cushion. One of the stiffest shoes I own.

Cmon...an M car is an M car...an M235i, an M760i an M550i...are not true M Cars...I used to run advertising for BMW and while we may have done a good job plugging niche voids in the model lineup, and convincing folks that tis "just as good"...it just isnt the same.

Aahh I see...

Cmon...an M car is an M car...an M235i, an M760i an M550i...are not true M Cars...I used to run advertising for BMW and while we may have done a good job plugging niche voids in the model lineup, and convincing folks that its "just as good"...it just isnt the same.

So, you're telling me that simply going to the dealership and grabbing an M badge doesn't make it a Motorsport? Boy, you just wrecked 95% of the kids in America's dream lol

On a serious note, I miss my E46 M3. One of these fine days I'll buy another. Thing is a classic IMO.

giphy.gif

So, you're telling me that simply going to the dealership and grabbing an M badge doesn't make it a Motorsport? Boy, you just wrecked 95% of the kids in America's dream lol

On a serious note, I miss my E46 M3. One of these fine days I'll buy another. Thing is a classic IMO.

giphy.gif
Ditto ex-E46 M3 owner here too.

giphy.gif

e30s and e36s too! :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom