Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Hes kicks is wack but I’d watch just to see the shoe better

You don't say? As of yesterday, his was the only video on YouTube ...

On another note, I received .5 up pairs (10s) on the Streets. Haven't tried TTS yet, since I don't have them in hand, but IMO, you can probably go either way. If you want your toes almost, or touching the toebox, then TTS is probably the move for you. If you like or don't mind some room, .5 up will probably be fine for some people. I had about a thumb width spacing in .5 up (not near room as much as the person above), didn't feel narrow to me either, but I have normal width feet.

Like everything, it's a matter of preference. Really didn't feel any heel slippage just walking on the carpet. Also I go .5 up with my FKRs to a 10 and I'm a TTS 9.5. Again, don't have TTS in hand to compare, but if I had to keep .5 up, I really don't think it would bother me either.

Last edited:
man bigevan23 bigevan23 nice shot.

are these really just for casual wearing or can actually run in these without my knees flaring up?

cause im about pull out my credit card and get me pair.

From what’s been discussed in this thread and what I’ve read online elsewhere, these are definitely a lifestyle shoe.

You’re more than welcome to purchase a pair to prove contrary but just be prepared to have them as your casual pair should it not work out as you hoped.

Would be cool if someone actually tried running in their pair (short run) and provide some feedback.

Had the opportunity to stop by the Bait Store yesterday to check out both cw in person. Tried on the black pair Here are my thoughts (I'll try to make it quick and concise as possible):

Sizing: TTS. (Note; my foot width is on the average to narrower side.)

Look and Feel: Definitely a light shoe. Flyknit is stretchy and has a coarse/rough feel to it (potato sackish, if that makes any sense). On foot, the shoe looks narrow and long. No real grip or traction on the sole. For a lifestyle shoe, and lack of technology, I don't feel these belong in the $180 price range. Another model such as the Air Presto can be had for less, and to me, personally feel more comfy. I really wanted to like these, but they were underwhelming. I didn't end up buying them as planned. Cool looking shoe and design, but unless they sit online long enough to get marked down on a site somewhere (I doubt it), or ends up sitting on the clearance wall with an additional 30% at a Nike Factory store because they were returned, I don't think I plan on picking up a pair.

IMG_4055.jpg

From what’s been discussed in this thread and what I’ve read online elsewhere, these are definitely a lifestyle shoe.

You’re more than welcome to purchase a pair to prove contrary but just be prepared to have them as your casual pair should it not work out as you hoped.

Would be cool if someone actually tried running in their pair (short run) and provide some feedback.

just talked to a nike chat rep, these ain't for running(puts credit card back in wallet) i would have like to use it for 800 meter-1 mile runs on a track, but if they can't hold up to my standards i'll be wasting my money. I already have Lifestyle nike shoes that don't get any mileage (roshes, air max) this will be a waste of money for the sole purpose of training and speed running.

if i see them on sales rack like andy mao andy mao said i'll consider it, but for $160 ehh not worth the energy of evening trying.

just talked to a nike chat rep, these ain't for running(puts credit card back in wallet) i would have like to use it for 800 meter-1 mile runs on a track, but if they can't hold up to my standards i'll be wasting my money. I already have Lifestyle nike shoes that don't get any mileage (roshes, air max) this will be a waste of money for the sole purpose of training and speed running.

if i see them on sales rack like andy mao andy mao said i'll consider it, but for $160 ehh not worth the energy of evening trying.

Why didn’t you just buy from Nike and use them for the 30 days to see for yourself?

Could have sent them back if your knees flaired up

Why didn’t you just buy from Nike and use them for the 30 days to see for yourself?

Could have sent them back if your knees flaired up

they are sold out. i gotta wait for them release another colorway, i'm not gonna risk my knees if they aren't engineered for actually running. (had that happen to me in the past with certain nike shoes.)

I'll wait to see a honest real review from someone that knows what they talking about if these can actually be used for "competition racing" and not some "casual shoe" which i can't justify dropping $160 when i know i'll like to run in these not chill in these. different strokes for different folks.

they are sold out. i gotta wait for them release another colorway, i'm not gonna risk my knees if they aren't engineered for actually running. (had that happen to me in the past with certain nike shoes.)

I'll wait to see a honest real review from someone that knows what they talking about if these can actually be used for "competition racing" and not some "casual shoe" which i can't justify dropping $160 when i know i'll like to run in these not chill in these. different strokes for different folks.
They aren’t running shoes.

Heel is def weird my girl called them “arrows” lol. Extremely comfy tho. I went up .5 too and there is plenty room at the toe but being a wide footer they work nicely. The flyknit they used seems improved.

Last edited:
Anyone in here have Vapor Streets and Reacts? Just tried on the Reacts. TTS worked, but was tight across the top of my foot, but .5 up felt pretty similarly to the Streets in terms of length and would probably prefer the .5 up in the Reacts if the TTS didn't break in to loosen them up. Till then, impatiently waiting for my TTS Streets to come in to reach a final verdict :lol:

Anyone in here have Vapor Streets and Reacts? Just tried on the Reacts. TTS worked, but was tight across the top of my foot, but .5 up felt pretty similarly to the Streets in terms of length and would probably prefer the .5 up in the Reacts if the TTS didn't break in to loosen them up. Till then, impatiently waiting for my TTS Streets to come in to reach a final verdict :lol:

I have both. I went .5 up on the Reacts for the same reason, tight across the top of the foot. TTS on the streets. They dont fit as tight as the Reacts across the top.

Heel is def weird my girl called them “arrows” lol. Extremely comfy tho. I went up .5 too and there is plenty room at the toe but being a wide footer they work nicely. The flyknit they used seems improved.
Does it feel secure at the ankle and heel area?

They have the react foam but aren’t meant for performance. If it comes in a red box, it’s a lifestyle shoe.

Back
Top Bottom