Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by AMdoctor

how many colorways were released of the 1/2cents?

Royals
Cranberry

Green/Black

Silver

Eggplant

All black (I think, I don't really remember)

I believe that was all of them, just going off the top of my head

yea, there was a black colorway

Originally Posted by L7OSER

Originally Posted by EddieWinslow

nike-2012.png
Are those GITD soles I see at the top?????
word.....could that be the yellow ones?

also....what are the foam ones at the top left? black tread w/ clear sole on a blue/teal upper?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Got my GITD in today (ups dude just left them outside without knocking
30t6p3b.gif
) opened the box just to peek and they were glowing already lol now I just have to wait a 5 hours till I get home to look more
frown.gif

good god, is there another athlete in the history of sports who has benefited from HYPE as much as Penny Hardaway!? Yeah he had a few good seasons and was full of promise before injuries ruined his career, but the closest he ever came to accomplishing anything as a team member or individual was getting swept in the Finals (with Shaq) in 1995 by the Houston Rockets.

It's truly amazing to think about how much Penny's legacy and reputation stands on manufactured HYPE versus it's own two feet.

so, how many of the atlantics / white are ACTUALLY out there (hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands?) and, will they ever be a 'general release'.....if you can all recall when then penny 2 atlantics first released they were impossible to get and bringing upwards of $200 on ebay...then, 3 months later they were everywhere.

Originally Posted by clkru

good god, is there another athlete in the history of sports who has benefited from HYPE as much as Penny Hardaway!? Yeah he had a few good seasons and was full of promise before injuries ruined his career, but the closest he ever came to accomplishing anything as a team member or individual was getting swept in the Finals (with Shaq) in 1995 by the Houston Rockets.

It's truly amazing to think about how much Penny's legacy and reputation stands on manufactured HYPE versus it's own two feet.

these glow in the dark joints are kkkaarrraaaazzzzyyyy... i just got my pair... the detail is ope and i love literally how they glow in the dark perfect for the club or party or late summer night. I am completely satisfied with these although i feel that they run hella small..wussup with that? anyone else have that issue? Cut small enough to the point where i wear generally a size 11.. some shoes 11.5....but with these i had to get a size 12 and they still are a little snug. but never the less they are super dope
pimp.gif

I am so confused!
at first I thought the white/atlantics were a QS release, then it seemed like they were exclusively going to be dropping at the SC event, but all the while i was wondering why all of the other SC pennys had SC branding, but the LWPs didn't....then I just found these: http://sneakerwatch.com/a...okie-lwp-sole-collector/

so now I know that there are two different white/atlantics - but, were both released at the SC party? if so, were these part of the pack and the others (silver pods and blue upper) are QS or general release?

Too many questions, too few answers!

^^clkru: Hindsight is 20/20. To me, Penny was one of my favorite players growing up, ESPECIALLY when he played at Memphis. His sig line might be seen as "hype" now, but back then the hype was real. I mean, obviously his pro career was plagued with injuries, so I can see that point.

HOWEVER, I cannot even begin to explain how dope Penny's line was (is). It is up there with Ken Griffey (maybe even better) in terms of the design of every shoe that originally dropped as well as the timing and execution of each player's campaign. The Lil' Penny ads are already legendary in their own right. Although I am not really a fan of the Penny IV, owning every other sig including the Air Flight One, LWP, and Foamposite was a MUST. I will never forget the first time I saw the Foamposite One in SLAM Magazine and then at Footaction. Every shoe Nike dropped in the Penny line was so ahead of its time. There is a reason why there are sneaker collectors who are die-hard Penny fans from the gear to the footwear.

Plus, NIKE IS A MARKETING COMPANY they FEED on hype.  Take for instance, Flywire.  You really think it is the next generation of innovation for footwear?  Or is it a way for Nike to use cheaper materials (i.e. plastic and string) to cut costs of footwear and still charge regular retail?

I'm done ranting ha.

Memphis Blues are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Originally Posted by clkru

Fixed

so the ups man just dropped my GITDs off and all i can say is wow. these things are too ill. i went half size up like i do on all foam ones/pros and they fit PERFECTLY!!
pimp.gif
imo, these are def. worth the 3 bills i paid considering there was only one spot that i know of that had em in the whole dmv (which we all know makes absolutely no sense).
30t6p3b.gif
the fact that i won't have to worry about seeing literally everybody with em like it will be with the binarys is a plus also.

but realistically, i could grab the all blacks and these and be good. these are def.
pimp.gif
pics soon...

**EDIT**

153tjpk.jpg

5uh0ra.jpg

raqbzl.jpg

Originally Posted by jer23

so, how many of the atlantics / white are ACTUALLY out there (hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands?) and, will they ever be a 'general release'.....if you can all recall when then penny 2 atlantics first released they were impossible to get and bringing upwards of $200 on ebay...then, 3 months later they were everywhere.

The atlantics/white were only avail at the Las Vegas gathering. Therefore, they are limited to a few hundred pairs.
It's possible a Atlantic colorway could drop but certainly without the sole collector branding.  

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

I see those all black rookie's w/ clear sole 
pimp.gif

155494o.jpg

All blacks look sweeeeeeet!

Damn.... Binarys, all blacks, HOHs, Reds & possibly white/blacks are cops for me.
I swear after 2012, I'm done with sneakers. This #%&@ is getting expensive...

The coopers are also up on a few pre-release sites.
They are also looking really fine.
I have a feeling the Zoom Rookie LWP lineup is going to be legendary!

I'll say this... as I've said before in other threads of kicks designed by Marc Dolce. Dude is one the premier designers at Nike. People can say what they want about not liking mash ups or hybrids, but its still an original design.

We have all seen how mash ups can be butchered by some Jordans in the past. Just trust when this dude designs you will have some comfortable shoes you want to be seen in.

If HE gets to do a BB Hybrid or redo with some sort of 2k4 2K3 BB1 mash up.... look the f out.

Back
Top Bottom