Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

no info on the Halloween joints?  Gitd are cool but not really my thing- I think out of all of them I like the smoke/black ones and even the eggplants.  Everyone doing these casual or someone hoop in them yet?

BTW, Sneaker Bistro is solid- have had nothing but good dealings with 'em.  If they were busy obviously they were gettin slammed and probably only had 1-2 FSRs to begin with.

Originally Posted by zyr12

9d943f96049d11e19896123138142014_7.jpg

Damn !
devil.gif

UpandComing - Thanks for the clarification on those, was confused with the 2 versions. Sucks about your binaries but definitely not worth it if you paid some good money and they came like that. I'm sure you'll be able to cop again no problem

those atlantics with the black on them are
sick.gif
the ones w/ silver pods are
pimp.gif
and a couple pages back it was mentioned that the black/orange pair drops on 11/12 along with the binarys, but not confirmed. either way, i'll be copping binarys and passing on the 666s.

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

I'll say this... as I've said before in other threads of kicks designed by Marc Dolce. Dude is one the premier designers at Nike. People can say what they want about not liking mash ups or hybrids, but its still an original design.

We have all seen how mash ups can be butchered by some Jordans in the past. Just trust when this dude designs you will have some comfortable shoes you want to be seen in.

If HE gets to do a BB Hybrid or redo with some sort of 2k4 2K3 BB1 mash up.... look the f out.
uh oh......... im not sure if i should be mad that you put that idea out there or not.

My Sole Collector pair with the silver pods will be here tomorrow. Can't wait to rock out in them. I;ll be wearing em when I pick up my Bron 9's Miami nights on Friday.

Just ordered the cooper pair. This is one bad colorway in my opinion and quite unique.
Not nearly as shiny as the 2009 cooper foams.

Originally Posted by NikeRider

Just ordered the cooper pair. This is one bad colorway in my opinion and quite unique.

Copper?

Pics?

Agree the Atlantic Zoom Rookies with silver pods and upper are a lot better then the ones with black upper and pods from the 25 SC X Penny packs

there is no copper rookies. there probably fake

Originally Posted by MaximumFoams

Yeah, they're fake 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 homeboy got got 

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by MaximumFoams

Yeah are fake 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 homeboy got got 
roll.gif

so sneakerfiles or sneakernews is saying that the atlantic (orlando) rookies are going top be released again in the future. i really hope they are correct about that because the atlantics are the best rookies out of all imo.

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Originally Posted by clkru

good god, is there another athlete in the history of sports who has benefited from HYPE as much as Penny Hardaway!?
Lebron
laugh.gif
Exactly what I thought when I read that post. clkru don't be making that statement while having a pair of LeBrons in your closet. 
When it comes to opinions... to each his own... but there is a reason why Penny's shoes are still right behind Jordans. Some will argue even more than Jordans if you look at the impact of five shoes vs 23. The shoes didn't make the man... the man made the shoes. You can argue Sir Charles and Pippen had more NBA impact in terms of longevity and titles in Pippens case, but their shoes aren't even close. Until LeBron wins even one title... Penny's > LeBrons.

Originally Posted by riddla713

so sneakerfiles or sneakernews is saying that the atlantic (orlando) rookies are going top be released again in the future. i really hope they are correct about that because the atlantics are the best rookies out of all imo.
I was thinking of pulling the trigger on eBay until I read this. Decisions...

i personally like them btter than the foams. Foams make my feet look bulky. these rookies go hard. The sole collector rookies are legit!

Originally Posted by joekamel

Originally Posted by riddla713

I was thinking of pulling the trigger on eBay until I read this. Decisions...

me three! I really want to know if it's legit or not cause I want to pull a trigger on a pair!

Looks like the "Atlantic" pair that was sold separately at the LV event will have a wider releases later this year/early next year according to Sneakernews.com
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

feel sorry for the sellers trying to get $400+ for those.....value just dipped A LOT, if this news holds truth
laugh.gif

can anyone confirm?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

http://sneakernews.com/20...available-early-on-ebay/

Face it: you’re probably never going to get your hands on a pair of Nike Zoom Rookies in the ‘Memphis Blues’ colorway that appears to be a Penny Hardaway exclusive. And if you missed out on the event this past weekend at Nike Las Vegas where Anfernee was on hand for the release of his Nike Sportswear Signature Pack, chances are it’s going to be tough to get one for anything approaching the retail price. But luckily for those on the outside looking in at that dope wooden crate, Nike Sportswear will release an Orlando colorway of White/Royal/Silver, similar to the ‘Las Vegas’ Zoom Rookie that’s perhaps closer to the original colorways found on the Air Penny series than any of the other shoes in that quintet. These are a shining example of what good hybrid design can be and although a release date hasn’t been confirmed for these just yet, get your hands on a pair early from 2ballintwn3 on eBay.

Nike Zoom Rookie LWP
Varsity Royal/White-Metallic Silver-Black
472688-401

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

I'll say this... as I've said before in other threads of kicks designed by Marc Dolce. Dude is one the premier designers at Nike. People can say what they want about not liking mash ups or hybrids, but its still an original design.

We have all seen how mash ups can be butchered by some Jordans in the past. Just trust when this dude designs you will have some comfortable shoes you want to be seen in.

If HE gets to do a BB Hybrid or redo with some sort of 2k4 2K3 BB1 mash up.... look the f out.
uh oh......... im not sure if i should be mad that you put that idea out there or not.

roll.gif
  Just know if Dolce does em... they will be Fiyah my man... 

Back
Top Bottom