Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

10/2011 Nike Zoom Rookie
Black/Max Orange/White
472688-008
*$200*

I only seen one place with these and they charge way too much...Does anyone have a actual picture of these..

are the binary blues limited or a general release??   just need to know if i need to cop on day 1 or will these sit on the shelves???  any info?  thanks

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Jay Jetson617

Originally Posted by bigj505

these arent really comfy to be honest. im probably gonna put insoles in my pairs in the future.

that said, they look dope tho. i wore my GITD up Security Mall yesterday and broke necks for days.

EDIT:
Not sure why people think NY is the central for all style. People from NY generally admit they go with trends. Foams wasnt even on the radar until recent years. Dudes in the DMV been rocking them since day 1.
And to say DMV dude were only wearing AF1s and what not... thats just stupid. Back in the day, everyone were rocking AF1s AKA UPTOWNS.

AND

what research is there to do? Charm is from Bmore and so am I. we BOTH know what was good with foams back in the day. I still
laugh.gif
when I used to see dudes from DC putting glitter on the flightposite 1s to go with their Shooters outfits.
ohwell.gif

to comment on your edit you are right NY is monkey see monkey do when it comes to style...I mean Camron had grow *$% men wearing pink...now lil b got dudes wearing leggings and lipstick
roll.gif
and not everyone was rocking air forces those were just a decent sneaker at a decent price...Also during the late 90's whatever rappers were wearing dudes was jocking even today....In Boston we rocked Adidas heavy...try putting glitter or stones on your Boston hats back in the day lol...to end this DC is know as a foam capitol because thats what a majority of you cats wear, but when they first came in 96 not alot of dudes was dishing out $200 for some moon boots...but dope boys...i remember being a little dude in high school with the navy and white flightposite 1 while cats was jocking the latest jays...man the good old days before hype took over....From Boston to DC its all love
NYC been rocking foamposites since day 1...only people who think this isn't true is da only other foamposite heavy town...DMV

ya act like we wasn't getting those yearly all black foamposite Pros too.....i thought it would never end.
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Where was you when i made the comment...im from Boston and was trying to tell cats New York was heavy with the foams since day one...anyhow thats the past and i hope all you dudes that got the nike zoom rookies enjoy them and yes they shouldnt be $200...

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Dudes in the X are eatin' these up.  Not sure why they rockin' Magic snapbacks with these, but eh let em' cook.
laugh.gif
was wrong wit rockin orlando magic apparel?

Nothing.  But clearly the binary blues are on the navy side and the Magic's color scheme has no navy in it.  

not quite homie

Tracy-McGrady-Orlando-Magic-Wallpaper.jpg

this era of orlando magic does match da binary blue, and you know when you got da fitted with da shooting magic ball its metalic...which matches perfectly
smile.gif

I haven't bought a sneaker & rocked them the same day since........ever.

Binary Blues are looking like the exception. It's suppose to be nice this weekend too.
smokin.gif

Btw....what's the deal with the Max Orange? They didn't drop last month so what's the new release date? And are they still HOH only?

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Dude;s still on NYC DC? I see Ima have to put a block on to keep from seein nonsense eh?

THIS.
ohwell.gif

Dudes in Ny and DC BOTH been rockin foams. That shoe has always had love on the east coast. 

i dont think max orange rookies are dropping on 11/12 now, thats what my hoh connect told me but now he says its 11/25. i still havent copped a pair of rookies, really wanted the atlantics.

Seems like they should have released the orange/black ones on halloween, especially if there really is only 666 pairs of them

^Yea, Seems Kinnda Odd They Wouldn't Tie That Colorway Into A Halloween Theme'd Release. The BEASTS Woulda Been Out In Force For That One... LITERALLY
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

Bro because your favorite rapper got you thinking dc is the foam capital cool....im from Boston an can tell you dc dudes were known for killin Nike acg boots why think wale made fly in my Nike boots to pay homage he showed some pics with a couple of foams early and dc is foam capital...lol now on to the rookies alot of dudes and dc is not exempt brought alot of the sizes up to make a little bread on the resell why you think not just with the rookie but when something is hyped its flooded on ebay...these where quickstrike but because dc has,one store while ny and Boston has a few means nothing...next time dont reply late on a post...

dc/baltimore BEEN the foam cap, slim. since a decade plus before anyone ever heard of a wale. the ONLY other area that can even TRY to act like they are it is NY (but even they have selective memories
tongue.gif
). the way foams were originally allocated tells the whole story bro. get ur facts straight.

those pics of the dynamics do make em look a lil better, but binarys blow them out the water so bad that the dynamics are obsolete imo. they boring.

First off back in 96 when the foams first dropped heads was saying they look like moon boots and they too expensive...In 96 dudes in DC was killing New Balances and Air Forces so do your research....and on the NY tip everyone knows NY starts the trends and the rest follow and about where they orginally allocated how come they have the yankee edition foams dropping next year but but but what about DC
eyes.gif
...so if you still believe the hype that dc is the retro foam capital then cool....
roll.gif
talk facts not hype son....
LLS who lied to you Jetson. Boy you trippin 96-97 we put foams on the map we was all up on our shoe game maybe whoever you knew in DC was just broke or wasnt on top of the stuff and it dont sound like u knew a lot of people. also in 96-97 yea we was rockin 574 bew balances 1500s and 2000s also timbs like everyone else. Back then NYC was on AF1s and timbs heavy slim dont get it twisted that was they thing and it should be they trademark shoe. DC is the foamposite capital its a fact NYC follows well maybe bmore buy NYC is up there. DC is known for nike boots and foams and not because of wack @#! Wale who aint even from DC…regardless of who thinks what its an east coast thing foams are big on the east coast. wholetime we brought back snapbacks to bammas was buying them a few years ago for above retail trynna bring em back….they wasnt rockin em in NYC at least from what I saw and the only place i went to was BX so unless they was rockin em elsewhere then I dunno.

Y'all people tripping DC put foams on the map whole time y'all loafing of you don't think we the foamposite capital . Slim we was on all dat and not because of weak Wale . We don't even Rock wit slim down here 4real lol

wow you guys are late really re read my post...regarding the wale comment i said wale got cats thinking ya the foam capital and he does have alot dudes that aint from there thinking that... there called wale clones and hypebeast...when foams first came out, in Boston cats in my hood had the moonboots since day one and my cousins in NY...cool Dc did too but you guys are know as the foam capital not for originating it but killing it...a majority of you DC cats kill foams looking like clones of each other...like i said the sneaker game is bigger than foams...instead of trying push your comment of as the whole of dc alot you dudes responding probably werent even rocking foams in 96...i mean why go ape over something you rocked 10yrs plus ago...let this die out...if aint about the zoom rookies just let it be i made that comment a week ago if its nonsense just ignore it...

wow you guys are late really re read my post...regarding the wale comment i said wale got cats thinking ya the foam capital and he does have alot dudes that aint from there thinking that... there called wale clones and hypebeast...when foams first came out, in Boston cats in my hood had the moonboots since day one and my cousins in NY...cool Dc did too but you guys are know as the foam capital not for originating it but killing it...a majority of you DC cats kill foams looking like clones of each other...like i said the sneaker game is bigger than foams...instead of trying push your comment of as the whole of dc alot you dudes responding probably werent even rocking foams in 96...i mean why go ape over something you rocked 10yrs plus ago...let this die out...if aint about the zoom rookies just let it be i made that comment a week ago if its nonsense just ignore it...
QFT

i really like these shoes, but 200 + heel only zoom??? No Gracias . Was going to get the binary blues and the blacks but not anymore. I must say though that I def am disappointed, but not surprised. Fashion over substance is what has been going on for awhile. Heard it directly from nike, here is the email i got

From Nike: Via Email(Russ) - 11/07/2011 12:49 PM
Hi Damon

I hope you have had a great weekend.

You asked about the cushioning in the Nike Zoom Rookie LWP style. This shoe uses Zoom technology and have one Nike Zoom Air unit in the heel. There are blogs and other sites that mistakenly list this shoe as having a full length Max Air Unit.

From Nike: Via Email(Ann) - 11/07/2011 02:27 PM
Hi again Damon

I also wanted to let you know that I found out when Penny was helping develop the Zoom Rookie LWP shoe, he wanted it to be as close to the ground as possible in the forefoot area. This also allowed a little more flexibility in the forefoot.

Just let me know you have more questions or would like further assistance, and I will be glad to help.

Sincerely,

Ann
Nike

Penny asked them to not use zoom in the forefoot???? I highly doubt that.

Back
Top Bottom