Nike ZOOM Pippen ........... not air.

^

nope. i was a huge bulls fan at the time, watched nearly every game. had the SI, SLAM, all the different mags at the time..

there are clear pics of toni kukoc and steve kerr, and they were always in the max version of the pippens.

One of the best kicks with an air unit around the shoe. Didn't like the pair without the air unit.

for those who dont know this happened with the pippen iv as well. cant believe that pippen was too busy then as well which is why i blame marketing.

That's a really interesting article; I'd never seen such a detailed picture of the Zoom Pippen I. He actually wore the Max Air version in the All-Stargame that year.

9f526574ca4b2a2c5713f2b9ecba61f188bceda1.pjpg

Never knew this, but then again never really cared for Pippen or the shoe.

Air looks a lot better though. With full length Zoom it makes them look like a pair of $79 Nike's.

I prefer the look of the air max sole on those Pippens. Zoom air feels great, no doubt about that, but I like air max just as much but for different reasons.Still have the retro Bulls Pippens ds...might break em' out now...
pimp.gif

The article was informative...good read.
grin.gif

good eye. never noticed the lack of air bubble. but i have to agree, they look better with them.

great read thanks OP. if only the retail version had zoom air that would have been great

Air bubble is better that the zoom air IMO, but its Pip's preference he know whats best for him..

I was just searching for pics of the PIP I's again.

It's so crazy that they were different than the public release and I never noticed.

And I agree ZOOM > AIR.

Back
Top Bottom