Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Buying these when they originally released was so much fun.
Kobe just won his 4th ring, the zk5 was ground-breaking with how light they were, and the road to his 5th ring was promising (which made a lot of people jump on the bandwagon).

I can go on and on, on how fun all the kobe threads were, including the "free shoe-agency" period.
Cool to see some old NTers still talking and contributing. Instagram has steered many people away, including myself. NikeTalk needs to come up with an app! haha

those were the days, man. i think i saw you at the big stage release too at the beverly center too.

Dang Big Stages too now!? My wife not going to like this...I've been soo good with sneaker pickups the last few years....this year might change :rofl:

I struck out that day. That my first camp out in LA. I was bummed.

Thank goodness for the Nike Vault doe running that social media contest where you had to call them and answer their questions. I got number 5 in line, very fitting since Kobe won #5 and I only copped the BS Aways that day :rofl:

I remember waiting 18 hours for these at the Beverly Center and it was definitely worth it.

That too but with so many missed out in the past, price increase and time to produce them they shouldn't be limiting them but Nike is Nike. If anything if the black pair comes out too they'd make them hard to get. But hopefully not.

2 pairs of aways if they drop. I don’t even know if I’d bother with 1 pair of homes. Had the ogs and sold them not long after because I decided I’d never wear them. Nothing really changed.

Only Vs I have. Slight midsole separation. Hope to grab a pair of the ProtroVs
20200120_165528.jpg

Holding off excitement until we get official word and numbers. Really hope Nike does this right, always wanted a pair of both Big Stages. Best thing is theres no need for me to double up considering how well these hold up on both an aesthetic and performance end. Bruce Lees still look beautiful.
Fingers crossed fella's.

Debating whether or not to sell my Protro 4s Del Sol (POPs) on SX and then purchasing the Protro 5s Chaos right after. They’re almost the same price so I’d only be adding a few more bucks to get a shoe I really want after my OGs took the axe. Can someone give me that proverbial push to “Just Do It” ? 😅

If you want the Chaos more than you want the POPs, absolutely do it.

Even if you lose money, but it makes you happier, do it.

And wear the shoes because they'll just fall apart after long enough!

giphy.gif

Debating whether or not to sell my Protro 4s Del Sol (POPs) on SX and then purchasing the Protro 5s Chaos right after. They’re almost the same price so I’d only be adding a few more bucks to get a shoe I really want after my OGs took the axe. Can someone give me that proverbial push to “Just Do It” ? 😅
giphy.gif

yeah I was at both places :lol:
Was also at the vault for both releases smh. Fun times
I remember you on here posting nonstop pickup photos and thinking, man, this dude must be loaded LOL. I mean, I had and have a solid six-figure career, but no way I could/can justify 20 let alone 30 or 40 or 50-plus pairs of one model of shoe. But it's damn fun to see people doing it. Just like, as you said, it was damn fun back then with the Kobe line. They kept upping the game those first years and it was epic. No idea what the **** has happened the last few years, retirement or not. To me it basically died after the 11. Been pulling some of mine out lately and rocking them, it still seems like a vastly underrated shoe.
Good to see you back here, dude. IG is great for just sharing photos, but you don't get any real conversation on there. That's why I still prefer NT.

I remember you on here posting nonstop pickup photos and thinking, man, this dude must be loaded LOL. I mean, I had and have a solid six-figure career, but no way I could/can justify 20 let alone 30 or 40 or 50-plus pairs of one model of shoe. But it's damn fun to see people doing it. Just like, as you said, it was damn fun back then with the Kobe line. They kept upping the game those first years and it was epic. No idea what the **** has happened the last few years, retirement or not. To me it basically died after the 11. Been pulling some of mine out lately and rocking them, it still seems like a vastly underrated shoe.
Good to see you back here, dude. IG is great for just sharing photos, but you don't get any real conversation on there. That's why I still prefer NT.

At that time I had a good paying job (side work as well) and I want to say Kobes and SBs were the only shoes I was buying.
Times have definitely changed for the better, but I find myself just not into Kobes ever since he retired. The 9s is where I started to slow down (went back to school-quit my job) and now I’m just playing catch-up and living in the Mecca of hypebeasts (NYC).

Agree on the iG comment. Not that long ago I asked someone how sizing was with the Kobe 4 and just got a 100% emoji response :lol: :lol:

I still use my BS Home for mowing LOL

Its so old and dirty the numeral print in upper was more visible :lol:

At that time I had a good paying job (side work as well) and I want to say Kobes and SBs were the only shoes I was buying.
Times have definitely changed for the better, but I find myself just not into Kobes ever since he retired. The 9s is where I started to slow down (went back to school-quit my job) and now I’m just playing catch-up and living in the Mecca of hypebeasts (NYC).

Agree on the iG comment. Not that long ago I asked someone how sizing was with the Kobe 4 and just got a 100% emoji response :lol: :lol:
:rofl: at the Instagram story LOL
I hear you man. It’s all where your life is in the moment. I lived in metro Detroit back then. Moved to L.A. finally a few years ago. If I had been here in 09, I’d have bought way more 5s. Not 40 pairs, but more :lol:

I remember those days as well. Those Kobe threads used to be hundreds of pages long. I remember picking up my pairs of Big Stages at NTLA, won the raffle for my size.

I had an F&F discount at the outlets, picked up so many pairs of TB V's & VI's for like $50-$60. Even used to phone order Kobe shirts from like Utah Stores because they'd have them sitting for $10 bucks a shirt lol

Back
Top Bottom