Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

You know what I just realized? Nike had no problem making Elite versions of the Kobe 7-11 with actual upgrades for about 50 bucks more than the regular versions. But when it comes to Protro, all of a sudden they are removing stuff (like Lunarlite foam in the 4s and heel zoom in the 5s) and can't come up with anymore innovative upgrades, but still marking up the price by about 50 bucks more than the OGs.

Nike team when thinking about how to make Elites: yo here is Kevlar Flywire and Carbon Fiber and Full length Zoom :emoji_clap::emoji_grinning:

vs thinking about how to make Protros: yeah uhhhhh... :emoji_thinking: :emoji_zipper_mouth::emoji_zipper_mouth:

You know what I just realized? Nike had no problem making Elite versions of the Kobe 7-11 with actual upgrades for about 50 bucks more than the regular versions. But when it comes to Protro, all of a sudden they are removing stuff (like Lunarlite foam in the 4s and heel zoom in the 5s) and can't come up with anymore innovative upgrades, but still marking up the price by about 50 bucks more than the OGs.

Nike team when thinking about how to make Elites: yo here is Kevlar Flywire and Carbon Fiber and Full length Zoom :emoji_clap::emoji_grinning:

vs thinking about how to make Protros: yeah uhhhhh... :emoji_thinking: :emoji_zipper_mouth::emoji_zipper_mouth:

I’m not even gonna cap bro the Elite line was a whole lot of BS to charge an extreme surplus to use “premium” materials

but I’m tired of hearing these are trash cause they have no heel zoom or full length, if your a guard and you literally complaining about heel zoom which indicates you play on your heels your probably cheeks at ball court feel hands down one of the most important aspects in a guard shoe next to traction

The foam used in the heel is softer, the zoom bag underneath the toe feels great and they even changed the traction pattern to buff it which was the only downgrade in my eyes going from the 4 to the 5

Do all these changes merit the price increase? IMO not the big jump but hey that’s Nike, all I’m saying bro is get a pair and play in them you’ll notice the positive difference

7BE4EB3C-C5CD-42DA-85F3-F45E36C770D7.jpeg

So I’m team wide foot, I went TTS on the 2k pair and I can tell you it is narrow not to the point for me where I can’t wear them

especially cause it’s plastic it’s more pliablewhile my only pair of protro 4’s is the FTB and that upper is like some weird Nubuck and it is so tough it literally pushes my pinky toe underneath my other toes

also on another note I hooped in some Nike NBA elite socks and if you know those are really thick I think it woulda been even more bearable with some normal thin socks

TLDR: They Narrow but cause of the softness of the material break in will make more bearable. Warning if you size up you will have a good amount of space in the toe

my 2Ks will be with me end of this month, I am beyond excitement! Can't wait to play in and compare them to my Wizenards!

3ACBADE0-41B2-47E8-A03C-18D7F08390D7.png

RIP to my USA 5s after this mornings hoop sesh :lol:

The separation happened on both the left and right shoes.

Hope Nike drops these as protros too.

Wouldn’t re-glueing it or other means of restoring it save the shoe? Apologies for the question. I haven’t had a pair sole-separate before.

That heel zoom tho :pimp:

Seeing everyone’s posts got me to start using my OG Chaos 5 again today... and then of course this happened (to both shoes too)

942C12C7-E7ED-408F-A56B-83484FF521C8.jpeg

I wasn’t able to nab a pair of the Protros of either the Chaos or 2K at retail, but now I’m starting to think I need to just jump on SX and grab one or the other or both.

Seeing everyone’s posts got me to start using my OG Chaos 5 again today... and then of course this happened (to both shoes too)

942C12C7-E7ED-408F-A56B-83484FF521C8.jpeg

I wasn’t able to nab a pair of the Protros of either the Chaos or 2K at retail, but now I’m starting to think I need to just jump on SX and grab one or the other or both.
Sucks, man. But it reinforces my decision last year to sell my two remaining DS pairs. Went to finally rock a pair one day and stopped and thought, this is a bad idea, I’ve waited too long. It was hard to let them go but I was pretty sure we’d get ‘em back this year, and here we are. The money I pocketed selling them paid for 2.5 of the three new pairs I bought. Sometimes you just have to let it go.

Played in them last night. They are BEAST!! Once it was broken in they felt so good. I played in really dusty court and i didnt even have to wipe my shoes even once.

you know the shoes are great when you forget about it while you’re playing. i have no concern with the new cushion set up, they might be even better than the OG zoom set up. Cant wait for the Next CW

Back
Top Bottom