Nike Zoom Kobe IV PROTRO (MORE IN 2024!!)

Now that the ZK IV DO NOT have full length zoom, will you still cop?

• Yes

Votes: 125 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 102 44.9%

• Total voters
Release the parades.

EF2902A3-7340-42EA-8A69-CD2706D5727D.jpeg

Protro V 1/2 :lol:
Maybe after the Kobe 4 "Protro" fiasco, they slapped a 1/2 on their next protro because there's minimal upgrades.

ordered a pair of the DD 4's

well see when I get a balling session in, hopefully in a week or two

Protro V 1/2 :lol:
Maybe after the Kobe 4 "Protro" fiasco, they slapped a 1/2 on their next protro because there's minimal upgrades.

Or maybe “Protro V 2/2” with real protro features.
$20-30 increase from the 1/2 version.

I doubt that strategy will work well though.

I just played in the draft day Kobe 4 protro, size 10 in my basketball league game. For reference, I normally wear size 10 in all my Nikes (Kobe 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11) and size 9.5 in adidas (ultraboost 3.0).

The fit was very long and there was too much toe space. I would suggest possibly going down 1/2 a size. Thus, I believe a 9.5 would have fit better. Overall, the cushion was decent but nothing great. Traction was decent.

Overall, I give it a B- given the bad fit. Cushion was not spectacular either. In fact, I think the latest adidas hoop shoes have had better cushioning. For example, I've hooped in the pro bounce low 2018 and it is a superior shoe in many ways.

Anyways, I would love to hear from other niketalk members about their experience.

I say keep those and bring on the Big Stages, preferably the aways.

I'd like another release of them as well but I still have my pairs in good condition. The white pair definitely has some yellowing though. I'd like the Da Vinci's to retro too. My chaos pair is in good condition too but i would like another release of those as well.

I just played in the draft day Kobe 4 protro, size 10 in my basketball league game. For reference, I normally wear size 10 in all my Nikes (Kobe 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11) and size 9.5 in adidas (ultraboost 3.0).

The fit was very long and there was too much toe space. I would suggest possibly going down 1/2 a size. Thus, I believe a 9.5 would have fit better. Overall, the cushion was decent but nothing great. Traction was decent.

Overall, I give it a B- given the bad fit. Cushion was not spectacular either. In fact, I think the latest adidas hoop shoes have had better cushioning. For example, I've hooped in the pro bounce low 2018 and it is a superior shoe in many ways.

Anyways, I would love to hear from other niketalk members about their experience.

I just broke mine in for a couple hours. I am a size 11/11.5 and I went with 11 in these and they fit me fine. I didn't feel like they fit long or had too much space above my toes. I probably could get away with a 10.5, but my foot and heel stayed locked down. I am not sure what socks you all wear, but I've been a stickler for the NBA Nike Elite socks as they seem to be a little thicker and better quality than your normal Nike Elite socks.

The shoe performs very similar to the original, which is really why I bought them as it was one of my favorite shoes to play in. Traction was phenomenal, although they did pick up dust as I would expect on the first wear given how tacky the soles are.

Smooth ride, love the padded tongue ( I know some feel its too bulky, but it feels great on the top of the ankle to me) lightweight, and stable. I am not sure what it is about these shoes that makes me love them so much, but I want to say it has something to do with the weight distribution as they feel very natural on my feet. The KD 11's I wanted to love, but they felt like I was standing on an air mattress & the soles felt clunky. These are still right there as a top performer, even though they could have been really special with zoom in the forefoot or full length, or even foam react.

I only weigh 175, so hopefully the Phylon lasts a year for me.

Seriously...if you're gonna bring it back, I'm fine with keeping it the way it was. But making it worse? WTF? This is so uncharacteristic of Kobe, it kinda shows you how he has become disconnected from the sig in general.

Not to be a killjoy for the stream of jokes but...1/2 as in January 2nd, 2020? Or February 1st for the rest of the world.

Back
Top Bottom