Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

The same reason I try every shoe on, even before I list it for sale; to see how it looks on me and what the hype is about. I had never tried a Converse shoe on before either, so I was curious how they it would fit me. To be fair, the right shoe was unlaced from the factory, I walked 10 steps to the mirror, took a couple quick shots, and took it off. I inspected for any dirt (which of course there wasn't any), and right back into the box they went. No harm, no foul in my opinion.

I should also add that I chose a selling platform that allows tried on shoes. I didn't market these as 'not tried on', 'never left the box' on behalf of myself. These are marketed by a mediator that they may arrive having been tried on. That expectation has been set before a bid, or buy has been made.

Or you could just try on any GR converse at the store, not the pair you sold 3x the retail for. Again those sites that states the shoes are tried on is for people that have an intention of keeping it and see if it fits, not to see “what the hype is about”.

I don’t want to continue this subject and derail this thread any longer. You’re going to have your definition of DS and what’s ok to do before selling and I’ll have mine. I don’t believe you’re one of these kids that’s putting them on just to flex otherwise you wouldn’t spend 1g on the OG VM. And you don’t seem like a shady person. Like I said it’s just my believe in what DS is and what I think is right when selling a pair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try it on to see how it fits = flex on ig

YES—I’ve seen this personally.

Considering I just went through this with StockX, this convo is timely.

For me, I admittedly have an inconsistent sliding scale of what unDS entails.

If I’m paying retail or below, I’m generally more forgiving...do not care if a shoe was tried on so long as the shoe doesn’t appear worn.

If I’m paying exorbitant resale, my expectations rise to match the price. Very hypocritical but also very transparent.

I prefer to have the full retail experience, just as I would if shipped from the manufacturer or boutique.

You sell me kicks at a premium price and I’m looking at beads of fabric from your socks or dirt from your sweaty a** ankles and I have *some* concerns.

Do the off white 97s fit differently than normal air Max 97s? With them using different materials I wasn’t sure if the fit is the same

If you don't want to risk shoes that may have been UN-DS by being tried on... then your only option is retail or bust.

Some one gotta win

virgil-abloh-timeline-main-01.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom