Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

I def get what you guys are saying. Just trying to wrap my head around someone like the Loop squad guy having the social skills to make some type of connection to get hit up for restocks and special treatment. By all account my man is a loud,hood dude according to his ig, but maybe that’s just his persona on social media.

Besides that, when I usually go to mercer it’s on my lunch break and don’t really have the time or opportunity to break the ice with anyone.
it's called kickbacks

Honestly if you really want in on the loop, make friends with someone thats in those discord cook groups. That's basically the kids that be hanging out in soho all day.
been tryna tell people ...that's how i've never paid resell for any off-white kicks, i'm not exactly a "personable" guy & i hate small talk, forget tryna get to know you.. i don't even like talking to my friends.

Yea I always laugh at people that do nothing but sit behind a cpu and then cry that they don't hit on releases. But they put in work by entering some raffles lol. Here's the thing most people don't grasp, stores do look out for people that they know are going to wear the shoes. All stores? No, of course not. But a lot do. My local store looks out for me on certain shoes bc they know I will wear them. They'd rather them go to me than some reseller sitting in the line with StockX pulled up on their phone to see what size to pick. They know I don't wear Adidas so I don't get a call when a Yeezy drops bc they know I don't wear it. I wouldn't even ask for help on them. Well I guess I have when a friend needed a pair but hell they even know my friends. My local store literally knows who JPS JPS and @singledout are and they've never been in the shop. I ooped many pairs to them from there bc my shop knows it's going to a foot if I say it's going to a foot. But I don't look at them as a "plug." I like going there. It's kinda like a barber shop for me. There's always people in there with similar interests so I'll swing by and end up staying an hour just talking about whatever the news of the day is. If they can help on a pair, man that's great. If they can't, that's cool too. I'm still going by to say what's up bc I like the people there. Stop viewing people as what they can offer you and you'll find people offer you a lot more than you normally get.

My local store used to be great but now he charges like twice as much as everyone else for pairs. I used to go literally every GR release and cop then he got greedy. Funny thing is now hes a ghost town I dont know where his head is at with that. But I did get a pair of Royal AM1s for $160 which was a great deal. The only stores in my area now are consignment shops. Kinda sucks.

Yea I always laugh at people that do nothing but sit behind a cpu and then cry that they don't hit on releases. But they put in work by entering some raffles lol. Here's the thing most people don't grasp, stores do look out for people that they know are going to wear the shoes. All stores? No, of course not. But a lot do. My local store looks out for me on certain shoes bc they know I will wear them. They'd rather them go to me than some reseller sitting in the line with StockX pulled up on their phone to see what size to pick. They know I don't wear Adidas so I don't get a call when a Yeezy drops bc they know I don't wear it. I wouldn't even ask for help on them. Well I guess I have when a friend needed a pair but hell they even know my friends. My local store literally knows who JPS JPS and @singledout are and they've never been in the shop. I ooped many pairs to them from there bc my shop knows it's going to a foot if I say it's going to a foot. But I don't look at them as a "plug." I like going there. It's kinda like a barber shop for me. There's always people in there with similar interests so I'll swing by and end up staying an hour just talking about whatever the news of the day is. If they can help on a pair, man that's great. If they can't, that's cool too. I'm still going by to say what's up bc I like the people there. Stop viewing people as what they can offer you and you'll find people offer you a lot more than you normally get.
da gawd!

On feet today Spongebob OW Presto's...

2018-09-06 01.30.48 1.jpg

This is so true. Been getting a lot of ”hyped” shoes from a local boutique lately only because I visit often and talk to one of the employees about mostly clothes and also shoes sometimes. I didn’t even go to the shop with that in mind, I just thought it was nice to have a chat with one of the guys. He started by sorting me with the SW 97/1 and been getting OW x Nike, Kiko Asics and other hyped stuff just for being a regular who wear my shoes and he knows it. I bought a lot of clothes at the shop before and he recognized my email so it’s kind of like a ”VIP” treatment for being a loyal and social customer.

Never ASKED to get any shoe before he brought it up by saying ”hey you’re a nice dude and you support us so let me fix the SW’s for you for retail”.

Oh man, sorry dude. I use that thing on all my shoes, especially knitted shoes. Will definitely keep this in mind in the future.

It's all good. I actually don't mind it but I hate how these products claim to help protect your kicks and as you can see it messed up a pair of $500 sneakers. Jason Markk is the same ish... messed up 2 or 3 pairs of my kicks. I'm about to come up with a cleaning solution for sneakers called Soap & Water its gonna cost $15. I'm sure it would sell like hotcakes. But that's one of the few things that I used that doesn't mess my kicks up. White Vinegar is also very good. Magic Eraser is also legit but none of these are Specialized Sneaker Care Products.

:rofl:That is the most ridiculous sneaker invention of all time. I can't believe people buy that garbage. I'd honestly rather put plastic bags on my feet.

Back
Top Bottom